The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My old friend, Simone Anne Lang, took this in a bar in Oakland, CA. In the instance that she left very little in words about the photo, I decided to start writing about it, with her permission. I like the lounging, yet tensed pose that she put me in. My hands each have this end that they reach, and the viewer can't see the drink in my hand. There's another drink, implying another person was sitting down. Where'd that person go? I'd assume the drink that was unseen would be known only to anyone physically in the bar at the time. So, I'm not even sure that the viewer can see any sort of connection to a conversation, other than between the room itself and its inhabitant, since it would have to be specific to know what a person was served, what the other person was drinking, and how the two personalities were affected. Who tended bar? I think that's the most important question. I believe that the person in the photo has a lot on his mind. Plans to take care of, maybe. I almost have this, "Come one, don't be an idiot," look on my face. Simone said to look as pimp as possible! which was the best direction from a photographer that I have heard in my interactions with them. The table is real marble, the sofas are old as shit, and the rug reveals a sort of danger, reflecting the knight in the corner, and an inception of war is added. Old knights practiced alchemy, and in this picture, there is no sword in the knight's hand. Why? Must have been a decision about having a giant metal blade in a bar like The Avenue. The owner, whose name will not be written, is a good friend. It was about 14 years before I saw this photographer again, about a week ago.

Maks Coren Wylt

13686961_1566444976996000_368415653_n(1).thumb.jpg.c6297da4410763348c92627d04ccf238.jpg

• Like 1