The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tootsie

your pics on the very top of the page are waaaaay oversaturated, it really shows in some parts.

When I posted some of my first shots with my xsi, jon told me he didn't like over PP'd work.

So now I keep it to a minimum, and my pics are better

BUMP THAT NEW LIGHTING SETUP IN YOUR FRIENDS, GARAGE, that first shot is amazing

3519755595_d2be5db986.jpg

3497971345_c7c3577230.jpg

3505781515_bc06a7e106.jpg

I only hate shit like this because it makes no sense (why the fuck is she standing like that in the first pose) and I can't stand when people desaturate things. Can't fucking stand it. I like fashion and model photography from a technical standpoint though.

I really dunno what you're talking about. Fashion pictures always make sense.

For example:

testshoot1copysmallcutout.jpg

A half naked girl on a motorcycle next to a table.

A girl with gold pants under the table next to a caged bird.

A guy eating a lump of raw meat with black and silver fingers.

A black panther skull and lots of crystal on top of a mirror table.

What doesn't make sense about that?

Yes models suck, every model I've met is retarded in one way or another or they would find something to do that requires a brain,

Strippers are the same thing just slightly less annoying when they pretend they had a thought.

I don't see why dudes get all gaga over them when there are much hotter chicks out there that are less annoying and coked out.

As far as money goes, who cares?

I'm banking more than your average "pro"tographer on some blue collar technical shit.

Money means nothing, using your skills to communicate, express, improve the world is what I'm into.

I see some meaningless studio shot, I'll forget it in 2 seconds.

I see a shot of real life beauty it affects me forever.

And how many models have you met? Most girl models are around 16-20 so of course they're not going to be very smart yet, and many eastern european models come from poor families so they're often exploited. And I take it you were only referring to girl models?

I'm not talking about your average photographer. And I highly doubt that you make 6000-10000 a day. I'm not saying you don't get paid well for whatever you do, but that's a shit load of money to about anyone.

Dude, I live in NYC, models are a dime a dozen here, so are fashion photographers.

Met two Japanese models last weekend and their friend who didn't model was hotter.

Oh, Ive got friends who shoot fashion and assist, $1000-$6000 a day sounds good but if you factor in expenses and they don't work consistently then yes, I do make more than most of them.

I know of three people now going belly up because of the economy looking for 9 to 5's

Tootsie, I'm not talking out my ass, I know models that have made the cover before, my friend Scott dated one for two years,

she was only a nice penis ornament in his own words after they broke up, my opinion of her was even lower.

IMGP6434.jpg

IMGP6440.jpg

IMGP6445.jpg

This motherfucker was 6 feet long and 8" away from my face when I looked up from taking a shot of some old rusty piece of garbage. Naturally I just swung the camera around and took a picture...

IMGP6425.jpg

Most of the body:

IMGP6426.jpg

IMGP6466.jpg

IMGP6477.jpg

IMGP6465.jpg

IMGP6470.jpg

IMGP6492.jpg

IMGP6521.jpg

Just because you live in NYC doesn't mean you meet and talk to models everyday.

Most fashion photographers aren't really interested in fashion, they like taking photos and fashion is where the money (and benefits) are. Most top photographers are very capable of taking natural photos too.

And making the cover of a magazine isn't that big of a deal. There are many, many magazines and a new cover each month. Just because your friend dated one for two years doesn't make you an expert on models.

What were the Japanese models' names btw?

So what makes you an expert?

I know I'm generalizing all models and all fashion photography, I'm sure there are exceptions.

I just think if you have talent as an artist, you should be focusing on improving the world and communicating deeper thoughts than "buy this, it's cool".

Photographers fall into the artist category in my book, why focus on wasting your short time here as a lowly salesperson.

Don't try to call me out on some 2nd grade "what were their names" trying to see if I'm lying.

My credibility speaks for itself, even if I was lying I'd be slick enough to beat your obvious lying test without dropping names of my friends friends on here.

I modeled full-time in Japan for just under three years. And by full time I mean 3-5 jobs a week and making enough to live and save money. I wasn't trying to pull your card by asking their names, I know a lot of Japanese models so I was wondering if I knew them.

I agree that most fashion photos are boring, but I just disagreed that models were stupid. Some are and fit the Zoolander model perfectly, but there are many nice people in fashion.

I think it's been proven many times you can never win anything on the internet.

Proof: See DAO's posts on 12oz if you haven't blocked him already.

Since I've only been complimented on one photo, I'm guessing my photos aren't very good? Truthfully, I'd be happy with mediocre, since I got my first digital, non-disposable camera about 6 months ago. Not that that's an excuse, but I'm pretty ignorant with things with a lot of options and settings. I'm waiting until my aunt visits so I can finally try a manual focus camera.