The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So.. I want to move up from a Canon powershot and get a nice Nikon or something, something manual that has all the bells and whistles that will let me hone my skills, but I'm not feeling 1000 dollar camera's either, got any suggestions for a beginner?

the d40 is great for the price.....and unless ur printing on a big scale the 6mp, shouldnt b an issue, also d60 with 2 lense kit is great.....10mp, just under 1000, you can always find a deal also......d90 is about 1400.....but its an amazing camera....you just cant go wrong with it.....i have all 3.....and i tend to use my d60 when i walk around some gully spots.....and it gives me great results! just my opinion....

I think the band shots do look a little flat, but i think alot of that has to do with the no detail pitch black background behind them. I didn't really mind that, but what bugged me is the reflection in the dudes glasses. Im not on my mac so I cant apple zoom in, but it looks like reflection from a softbox. Thats just a big pet peeve of mine. but I also know that glasses without anti glare coating can be a bitch to work with.

critiques aside, the band feels it and thats what matters.

anyone wanna buy some lenses? i'll let them go pretty cheap as i'm broke right now. these are for nikon digital slr's.

Tamron 28-80mm 3.5-5.6-slightly used

Tamron 75-300mm 4 5.6-i used this once when i first got my camera

I've been using a Tamron 28-105mm 3.5-4.5 forever. Rarely use the long end either, so i'd definitely recommend the 28-80mm to anyone who wants a relatively wide angel lens with some minor zoom options.

Why'd the shoot at the dog 20?

somehow she got out of her fence so a neighbor called the cops saying there was a loose dog running around so when the cop showed up she was "snarling and barking" at the cop, which is impossible coming from the sweetest dog in the world. then the cop opened fire. FTW.

but, thankfully, she is going fine.

Should have made them pay you for it. Aren't they a big time band?

they were circa 2003. but, not so much anymore. they were on hiatus for a while, and when kris wanted to get back together the rest of the members had other bands and jobs going on. so he moved back home to indiana, got dudes from other bands there, and started touring again. but, i mean, they're still in a normal van w/ a trailer, no fancy bus or anything. and i'm not gonna try to charge a touring band for a spur of the moment photo shoot, when i was the one asking them if they wanted to do the shoot.

as of now, i only charge for certain shit, because i know who will pay me, and who won't. at least in this town, that is.

Speaking of film, I got two more rolls developed today, with two more due tomorrow. Shit's getting expensive. Luckily I got a rewards card today haha.

1062500-R1-015-6_1.jpg

1062500-R1-029-13.jpg

1062500-R1-029-13_1.jpg

1062500-R1-037-17-1.jpg

1062500-R1-041-19.jpg

1062500-R1-045-21.jpg

1062500-R1-047-22-1.jpg

1062500-R1-049-23_1.jpg

1062500-R1-063-30.jpg

1062500-R1-069-33.jpg

1062500-R1-071-34.jpg

I shot one roll with ASA 100 and nearly all of my photos are very light on the right side of the photograph. It's especially noticeable in the dog shot. I've heard something about a light leak, but all my other rolls seem to be fine. Anyone know what the problem could be?

I don't think it popped open or anything. But that's the only roll I've shot in direct bright sunlight, so maybe it just doesn't show in lesser light. I shot a 400 roll in bright sunlight today, so I guess I'll see tomorrow if I just did something wrong with the 100 roll, or a light leak as you said. And I'm guessing I'd have to take that to a repair shop to fix it? Or just avoid bright light haha.

Hahaha I can do duct tape. Anything cheap is good with me.

It's a minolta xg1. I've only developed about 6 rolls with it so far, and it wasn't used for a very long time so I'm still just hoping nothing goes too wrong. The battery sometimes doesn't connect, and the shutter/winder will get stuck once and a while, but other than that it seems fine. Except for the light leak of course.