The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

JON

You're using PW's right?

What was that cheapie strobe kit you ordered? Interested.

And I think I am going to grab some Cactus Triggers or some Alien Bee's soon.

Need to grab that 70-200mm f 2.8 L befoe I get the set of pocket wizards.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Strobe ass in another off-cam flash

Portraits and shit, bball games too.

Hmmm... tell me how that flash works for ya, either that one, or another one and add an optical slave

EDIT

IM DOING THE SAME THING YOU ARE

DIDNT FULLY READ IT

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/515449-REG/Bower_SFD328_SFD328_Digital_Slave_Flash.html

This is what I got.

I've never fucked with a 420. My 580 is bright as shit, can keep up with my 6.5 frames per second, can go from full power all the way down to 1/128, can do stroboscopic effects, and can be used as a master slave to control other 580's or 420's. I dont know. I don't use the ettl much.

I always find your shots really vibrant and full of life. It's a welcome change, I'm always taking pictures of drab stationary objects.

I want to get into street photography, with more of a human element. I just find it hard to walk up to people and take pictures of them haha. Need to get over that.

^thanks man, i really appreciate it-

heres a couple more (again, apologies if these were shown already, i have no idea which were, and were not)---

3476583363_ba2063e302_o.jpg

3476580887_6b6593336e_o.jpg

3476580245_6a96782076_o.jpg

3476579793_50e0c828d0_o.jpg

3477384968_c194cf23c8_o.jpg

3477382948_58bed14979_o.jpg

3476570479_74daa85d3e_o.jpg

3476562851_3f46dc8b98_o.jpg

dudes graff n dance in india too. here an indian school teacher teaches his students how to make paint and write their names on a 14th century wall haha.

3477368160_37aff09d48_o.jpg

to be honest, i would love to hear some shit talking about my images, im in that rut where everytime i go out to shoot, i come home feeling like, "i already shot that". i know i need some new projects, but i would feel a lot better if you all could reveal some errors i hadnt seen before, so that from now on my work feel more error-less haha.

thanks in advance, i understand its somewhat self-absorbed to be like, "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME", on the internet.

I always find your shots really vibrant and full of life. It's a welcome change, I'm always taking pictures of drab stationary objects.

I want to get into street photography, with more of a human element. I just find it hard to walk up to people and take pictures of them haha. Need to get over that.

thanks for the comments. and to be honest, i find it very difficult as well- at times it can be irresponsible, or even insensitive to just shove a camera in someones face. alot of people in the past involved in more 'journalistic' endeavors would claim, 'oh its okay what i do [as opposed to what someone else might be doing], because i'm doing it in the name of art [or truth, or whatever].

as far as my images, i was lucky- i either knew, or was rightly introduced, to most of the people who i was photographing. i seriously doubt i would have most of these images if my other job didn't allow me to be introduced to these people first, and in such a way that it wouldn't be outlandish for me to be taking photos.

if you're serious about getting into more work like this, you should pm me, i can offer some tips on how 'to get in' into whatever subject you might be interested in documenting.

thanks for the comments. and to be honest, i find it very difficult as well- at times it can be irresponsible, or even insensitive to just shove a camera in someones face. alot of people in the past involved in more 'journalistic' endeavors would claim, 'oh its okay what i do [as opposed to what someone else might be doing], because i'm doing it in the name of art [or truth, or whatever].

as far as my images, i was lucky- i either knew, or was rightly introduced, to most of the people who i was photographing. i seriously doubt i would have most of these images if my other job didn't allow me to be introduced to these people first, and in such a way that it wouldn't be outlandish for me to be taking photos.

if you're serious about getting into more work like this, you should pm me, i can offer some tips on how 'to get in' into whatever subject you might be interested in documenting.

You can't get away with it here without risking regular altercations, most people get supertelephoto lenses that are into that kind of photography here or are just good at talking it up with strangers..

Mayor I love your photographs. The colors, and subjects expressions...etc.

I have the same problem as losing when it comes to street photography.

I would very much like to be able to capture people I don’t know like that

but always get self conscious in snapping.

Sometimes so much that I shy away from objects lest I offend someone

by giving them the impression that I am photographing them.

I'd prop you on your social skills

enabling you to take greath photos and your skill but I am 24'd.

Looking for a video about street photography I saw a while ago I found this one about Joel Mayerowitz which is quite good.

It's quite funny how he prides himself on being able to become 'invisible' by dressing like a russian hitman from some terrible film and jumping around taking photos of people. Folk don't seem to mind too much though.

This is the video I was looking for. This guy pretty much attacks people with his camera. It's an interesting watch. He does create some excellent images though.

MayorMenino! those are awesome! these 2 are my fav! where are they from? location?

3477384968_c194cf23c8_o.jpg

3477382948_58bed14979_o.jpg

I went to the Central Mexican states of Michoacán and Guanajuato back in 2007.

I call this series "The Face of Mexico"

Here are a few of the people that I met:

I met David Morales during his morning walk in La Piedad, Michoacán. He told me that he is 104 years old. As a young man he fought in the Mexican Revolution alongside Pancho Villa in Chihuahua .

PS_DavidMorales.jpg

Others that I met in Tanhuato, Michoacán, & Gunajuato (city), Dolores Hidalgo, Atotonilco, and San Miguel Allende, GUANAJUATO (state).

Five_PS_Amigo3.jpg

Eight_PS_Amiga2.jpg

Nine_PS_Amigo6.jpg

Thirteen_PS_Amiga4.jpg

Twelve_PS_Amiga3.jpg

Eleven_PS_Amigo8.jpg

Ten_PS_Amigo7.jpg

Seven_PS_Amigo5.jpg

Six_PS_Amigo4.jpg

Three_PS_Amigos.jpg

Two_PS_Amigo2.jpg

Four_PS_Amiga.jpg

One_PS_Amigo.jpg

Some people asked me (perhaps joking or sarcastically) if "The Face of Mexico" included anyone under the age on 60......

Here is my response:

PS_RS_Face004.jpg

PS_RS_Face013.jpg

PS_RS_Face020.jpg

PS_RS_Face021.jpg

hey mayormenino.....those shot are looking very good......so since the recent elections.....how is the situation down there???? is it more peaceful......also a small request, i dont know how close you can get but could you get some gang member shots?