The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

what is light ratio?

a ratio used to describe the f stop difference between a highlight area and shadow area of a portrait. they are used to help establish depth and mood (contrast) of a portrait.

a 2 stop difference is a 5:1 ration. basically the main light source is 4 times brighter then a fill/ambient light

1 stop is 3:1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a ratio used to describe the f stop difference between a highlight area and shadow area of a portrait. they are used to help establish depth and mood (contrast) of a portrait.

a 2 stop difference is a 5:1 ration. basically the main light source is 4 times brighter then a fill/ambient light

1 stop is 3:1

interesting, i have never heard that term before. i need to take some photo classes...i have registered for a digital photography class this next quarter so hopefully i learn some new terms such as this :D

Texas, what is your flickr name again? I can never keep them straight between there and here haha.

Ralphy, those are all in los angeles. It's just alright to shoot in i suppose. other cities offer way more imo than LA does though. It does happen to have a ton of protests (like the one below) that can be pretty cool.