The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Someone school me on film scanners.

Just got my XA2 .

Hopefully there is a cheaper way to get images on the computer then paying 10.00 to have them put on a CD.

I have an Epson Perfection 4490 which I picked up used/refurbished online for $85 a few years back. My brother has a nicer Epson which he got new for $700 or so. I've never had a problem with mine--he complains about dust under the glass in his.

sony dsc-s60

Do you know the basics like ISO, shutter speed and aperture settings? Does your camera let you have control over some of those things?

Really you just need to experiment with it and see what it can do. That's the nice thing about digital--just delete any shots that don't work.

Do you know the basics like ISO, shutter speed and aperture settings? Does your camera let you have control over some of those things?

Really you just need to experiment with it and see what it can do. That's the nice thing about digital--just delete any shots that don't work.

yeah i've been experimenting with all that. guess i just gotta figure out what settings i like best. thanks for the input/

It's not really about what setting you like best. If you want to take the best photos you can out of your camera you're going to want to have control over all of those variables and completely understand each one. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture and how they all contribute to the exposure.

If your camera doesn't allow you to change those then it's worth looking at upgrading. There's not much you can do with a digital point and shoot, the sensor is too small for any real quality, and forget depth of field.

You can grab mad cheap used gear that still works fine now, since everything is upgraded so quickly and gear heads just sell each time something new comes out. Worth looking into man.

love your shots daily!

Finally got my 35mm f1.8 for my nikon D5000 for christmas!!! im finally inspired again!

here are just some two shots from today, i'm gonna get out tomorrow!

Some xmas ornament bokeh

6562938099_1c0cf735d2_b.jpg

and it was my moms birthday and she got an awesome barrel for alcohol with 4 shot glasses

6562936951_bd7aca394b_b.jpg

It's not really about what setting you like best. If you want to take the best photos you can out of your camera you're going to want to have control over all of those variables and completely understand each one. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture and how they all contribute to the exposure.

If your camera doesn't allow you to change those then it's worth looking at upgrading. There's not much you can do with a digital point and shoot, the sensor is too small for any real quality, and forget depth of field.

You can grab mad cheap used gear that still works fine now, since everything is upgraded so quickly and gear heads just sell each time something new comes out. Worth looking into man.

although you are right i will have to sort of disagree with you. I think that there are a few things you can do with the point and shoots, there's a lot of great point and shoots out there. that are capable of reaching 12mps and great quality. hell i have had friends in school that have made great prints with cell phone cameras. things have really changed a lot since i start shooting.

My second camera was a point and shoot, a canon powershot a520 and i was able to control depth of field on it, but that was after a point where i had gotten really familiar with it.

Heres another little planeti dont wanna make yall read without contributing

6550878523_aa29f72266.jpg

a friend of mine as well as a fellow photographer he's taught me half the shit i know today. This was for an assignment called public service portrait, he's also a veteran. This was a mixed lighting situation ihad two sb800's one directly in front of him as my key light and another one camera right that i used for fill light shot em both off with pocket wizards.

6521732185_fbfbef1d80.jpg

I've seen some great stuff from iPhones now, but I mean compact cameras are physically limited. The sensor size restricts you from actually having a true depth of field. 35mm compacts are different but yeah, I was mainly talking about the physical restrictions of the technology compared to larger formats/larger sensor cameras.

Something like the Fuji X10 would be a good compact because it does have a slightly larger sensor and allows you to have quick access to shutter, aperture, ISO and exposure compensation. But, it's still limited by its small format and sensor size. For getting really involved in photography it's worth paying a bit more and going to something that will allow you to have full control over everything, not to mention better low light performance, bokeh, etc...

But as you said some people can shoot great stuff from small cameras, I have a mate who's had exhibitions for his iPhone shots! Anyway, enough camera sales bullshit talk! Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy shooting and shit and enjoy life, back later in the week with new photos