The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Daily those contax shots are hard. That Fuji shoots portrait standardly right? and you have to hold it in what would usually be portrait to get landscape?

I thought I had found the perfect medium format camera when I first heard about it. Slr type medium format but like half the price of a mamiya 6/7 but that portrait thing killed it for me. I'm not really a fan of portrait, only when it's strictly neccessary.

Yeah that's right man, it's kinda weird, different to shoot but I never shoot portrait so it's kinda good to get some variety in my shots now.

It's light, easy to shoot and yeah definitely cheaper then a Mamiya. The only downside is that it's electronic. Auto focus, electronic shutter, etc...

I still love the Yashica 124G because it's solid as fuck and even without a battery it's always gonna be working.

Choosing cameras is a tough life decision, haha.

Was just looking back through this thread...some really amazing and inspiring photos. Film is awesome, no doubt...but still photography is just timeless (granted film is just a bunch of photography). I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for photography. Always something new to learn and new to shoot.

Some of these are up to 15 years old:

1165291468_ac84174dbf_o.jpg

4607404594_13669f29e1_o.jpg

4321696984_bf1f1733e3_o.jpg

5432809680_91bab2520e_b.jpg

4341651475_c36367e6ac_o.jpg

5432198905_81e1b2ef1b_b.jpg

yes I have one, its an aperture priority and manual focus camera. Not good in low light because the RF patches are dim. Pretty fun to use in daylight though, quiet as hell. Nice sharp 2.8 lens.

The xa2 is more point and shoot.

Olympus stylus' are the ultimate point and shoots in terms of quality, affordability and supply.

yes I have one, its an aperture priority and manual focus camera. Not good in low light because the RF patches are dim. Pretty fun to use in daylight though, quiet as hell. Nice sharp 2.8 lens.

The xa2 is more point and shoot.

Olympus stylus' are the ultimate point and shoots in terms of quality, affordability and supply.

Would $100 be too much for one and a flash in good condition?