Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrChupacabra

The Photography Thread

thanks for the advice. gives me some more important facts to consider... i care more about photography from a photojournalistic point of view than studio shooting. so let me get this right... if the body has a focusing motor, you can use old manual lenses as auto focus? i'd be happy enough even being able to use them manual. although i guess if thats all i could use old nikon lenses with adapters... it just hadnt ever occurred to me about the motor...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nikon photos tend to have more contrast and saturation, the colours pop

Canon photos tend to have more bland and flat colours, as they are more suited to people who edit.

Nikon photos tend to have more contrast and saturation, the colours pop

Canon photos tend to have more bland and flat colours, as they are more suited to people who edit.

This is very true:)

In my opinion the flash was too strong. looks studio-staged. tone that down a little bit next time you go out shooting. the type of terrain isn't quite right for exemplifying the bike jump either. its hard to guage how high dude is off the ground. (especially the first one, his back wheel's height is lost by the shadow in the background). Also, as far as postproduction goes, the sky looks a little plastic around the edges of the tree branches. its okay to have a light sky if the only way to correct it is to oversaturate the blue like that.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. This was both the first time I've shot with flash and edited, everything until this point I've just posted sooc. I need Photoshop so I can have better control- I just boosted the temperature and exposure a little bit in iPhoto and it turned out like that.

Film grain doesn't bother me at all for some reason, especially when it's black and white.

I only liked the first shot though.

haha good eye mayor.

So how's school going for you mn and ohsnap? What do you actually get asigned to do day to day? Are you inside getting taught a lot or just sent off to do your own thing?

5052437567_2ef4cd5d72.jpg

5053057194_90e1674a88.jpg

5053057034_bb8ba9d606.jpg

5053056316_3b1ce09511.jpg

well im inside most of the day but for a couple classes the class as a whole will go out and shoot. last week the teacher started some photo hunt kind of thing where she gave you a card with a word and your job was to flick it. being that the oontz trained me for this i shot mine pretty quickly haha

so far its been pretty basic though some stuff i already knew some other things i didnt. the shots i posted though are actually from a homework assignment

yeah, i'm going over a lot of basic stuff i already know, camera wise. but, once we've started discussing commercial stuff, it's all new to me. hyped on that.

also hyped on the class that he's talking about where we go out as a class and have a limited time to interpret the word, it's reminding me of 06-07 when i was big into the original photo hunt thread.

not stoked on the super serious history of photography test i have tomorrow night though.

good stuff, yeh i'm sure I'd just be itching to get out shooting rather than being stuck in a classroom.

Seems like the photohunt thread made an impact on quite a few folk, it's that and days in pies that got me into taking photos as well!