The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So question for people on here that do event photography in low light with no flash. what settings do you generally use to shoot? i got to shoot slayer a few weeks ago and wasn't allowed to use a flash so i cranked my ISO up to 1600 and was shooting at 5.6 I feel like most of the pictures I got are really grainy when you zoom in where as I've seen other people shoot at that high of an ISO and their pictures look so crisp. maybe it's due to the fact that my camera is 4 years old at this point and i'm sure there's way better stuff on the market now. this is the best photo I feel I got of them...

you need to be shooting with a lens thats at least 2.8 aperture. that will allow more light in and it will let you shoot at a faster shutter speed as well or you can get a prime 35mm 1.8 or 1.4. that will help you out big time,

you need to be shooting with a lens thats at least 2.8 aperture. that will allow more light in and it will let you shoot at a faster shutter speed as well or you can get a prime 35mm 1.8 or 1.4. that will help you out big time,

thanks dude I have a 28mm 2.8 which I'll probably use next time I have to shoot in low light like that. I do wanna upgrade camera equipment next year and I was looking into getting a 50mm 1.4-what do you think would be better 35mm 1.4 or 50mm 1.4?

I'll only use flash for live events, usually with my 24-85mm.

If it's just for fun I'd go with a pocket camera and look confused when they ask if I can turn off the flash.

I'd like to think I'm fairly adequate when it comes to working in low light, but I'd only get 4 or 5 good shots tops even with a virtually noiseless ISO-3200 and 1.8

It looks nice man, I would say its a keeper for sure.

I like how you got the light going across it as well.

thanks man. I do wanna fix a few things with it though-it is kinda crooked and needs to be straighten. I also feel like with the factory, the trains, and the light trails there's a lot going on in the photo which is mainly why I wasn't sure how I felt about it.