The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm going to be in LA this weekend-week .I'm staying in Marina Del Ray. Any LA locals have any spot recommendation.

Food, graf spots, cool photo spots, anything cool?

I used to work in Marina del Rey. There's a pretty good Thai place here:

http://g.co/maps/qeyx8

Have you been to LA before? Places I'd suggest you check out:

Venice Beach (legal walls, crazy people)

Downtown LA (Artists District--covered in big name graffiti murals, Theater District, Bunker Hill, Fashion District--so much to see there)

I don't know, there's so much to see and do in socal. East LA has a lot of interesting murals. If you want to see a stark contrast, go to the Watts Towers (or even just the Toy District in downtown LA) and then Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in one day. It's rather depressing, though.

If you're an El Mac fan, I can point you to some of the murals he's got in the area.

Where are you going? My favorite B&W is Efke 50 or Efke 25, but they're super slow and you have to be somewhere with bright sun.

My least favorite is probably Kodak Tri-x, but only because it's so dang curly it's hard to scan.

If you're going to get any slide film I like Fuji Velvia, but I love the super saturated stuff.

upper kananaskis lake.

you've got two options for b/w. c41 or true black and white. Getting real b/w developed may require you send it out or do it yourself. true b/w is much much much much much uhhh much nicer.

true b/w:

Ilford hp5 or delta 3200

fuji neopan 1600

c41 b/w:

ilford xp2, you'll need to tweak this stuff in post.

color,

c41:

Portra 400 or the old 160's

e6:

kodak 100e or g

fuji neopan 1600

Neopan 1600 is unfuckwithable. Definitely one of my favorite films. Contrast like whoa, can easily handhold at night in the city/anywhere with a little bit of light, and can still look great in the day if you don't mind some grain.

While we're on the topic, here are a couple photos of mine from probably 7 or 8 years ago, shot handheld with neopan 1600 in an Olympus OM1. Scanned negatives on whatever shitty scanner i had at the time.

20081020-035-1-1.jpg

20081020-014-1.jpg

20081020-022.jpg

20081020-023-1.jpg