The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They both look good but the bottom one looks better to me, like it will print much better.

The highlights give more shape to the face without loosing too much tone and detail.

I should also add I don't really know shit and I'm not a photographer.

The other posts are probably right.

ryan cabrera. thank god i got paid for that show, it was wayyyyyy too fucking hot with how packed it was and the stage lights. but, he was a surprisingly nice guy. even got some photos of him playing beer pong i'm currently trying to sell to tmz, haha.

either way, i really liked the way this one came out.

3620406696_4ae5870d57.jpg?v=1245093199

• Like 1

I'm interested in learning about photography/photographers and history.

If any of you guys have some names to drop on pioneers and great photographers of the past and present drop a name so I can google them.

I kind of feel like an idiot Devoting so much time to taking pictures without a foundation of knowledge.

I know of and I'm currently researching Ansul Adams but couldn't name any others off the top of my head.

If you have a long list of must know people or anything you feel is too basic or "wall of text" for this thread just drop a PM.

Personally I'd prefer others have access to this type of info.

• Like 1

If any of you guys have some names to drop on pioneers and great photographers of the past and present drop a name so I can google them.

I kind of feel like an idiot Devoting so much time to taking pictures without a foundation of knowledge.

I know of and I'm currently researching Ansul Adams but couldn't name any others off the top of my head.

If you have a long list of must know people or anything you feel is too basic or "wall of text" for this thread just drop a PM.

There was a good series on BBC4 a while ago called The Genius Of Photography. I saw some of them and it seemed like a good synopsis.

Here a link to some torrents for it

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=the+genius+of+photography&cat=0

There were only parts on youtube, but you might be able to find it streaming elsewhere.

Also have a look at Henri Cartier-Bresson.

1800s photographers:

Joseph Niepce

Louis Deguerre

Henry Fox Talbot

Sir John Herschell

Blanquart-Evrard

Frederick Scott Archer

these guys invented processes to make images permanent

some other early photographers that are worth studying:

Alexander Gardner

Roger Fenton

Timothy H. O'Sullivan

there are so many others that have contributed to the history of photography. i'll be back later with some more names

There was a good series on BBC4 a while ago called The Genius Of Photography. I saw some of them and it seemed like a good synopsis.

There were only parts on youtube, but you might be able to find it streaming elsewhere.

Episodes 1, 2, 4 and 6 are here to stream http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/genius+of+photography

was that the same genius of photography that was on ovation???

Ansel.