The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Napalm, I think your shots would benefit more if you removed the .org tags.

Just my opinion.

Also, thanks to the people who have added free galleries to Polazone.com. Hope we can start this book project soon!

*Also note: they don't know about my PPA, so let's keep it on the dl until it's done.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sans sheriff@Mar 31 2005, 03:03 PM

Napalm, I think your shots would benefit more if you removed the .org tags.

Just my opinion.

I've had my work ripped off several times now and the watermarks have had to be introduced to put the scum off from stealing my work.

i'm just going to really DRIVE this point HOME.

hyrax, i know very little of you, don't make what i know about you into that you are a procrastinator who doesn't have a shred of consideration.

some of us hurried to do what we could in the time we had.

i could have spent three months doing something mind blowing, but i didn't, i wanted to keep it moving.

rage has done a great service sending out his personal property like that.

let's repay him by sending that thing out this weekend, i don't care what happens.

not trying to be an asshole, trying to be a fucking nag who gets you off your ass.

Originally posted by symbols@Apr 1 2005, 03:00 PM

some of us hurried to do what we could in the time we had.

i could have spent three months doing something mind blowing, but i didn't, i wanted to keep it moving.

I was thinking something similar, but I couldn't word it.

You hit the nail on the head.

I hope i can get on the list again so i can make up for the shitfest that i produced in round one.

I'm going to boston tomorrow for a week. Hopefully i will have some new pictures for everyone after that.

Ive been seriously slacking in the photo department lately. I need to start getting in gear for school

next year and starting my work on becoming a photo major.

I will also try to add to that polaroid site when i get back...if i'm not too lazy. fuck yeah for no motivation to ever do anything.

Since I don't even remember the start of it anymore, could anyone summarize quickly for me what the point of passing an entire camera with film around through the mail was?

With some of the expenses incurred through shipping that I'd read recently and other setbacks it almost seems like it would have been cheaper and easier for everyone to pick up a polaroid of this type from a second hand shop then mail the resulting photos to one person. Maybe I'm silly.

I'll stick with digital anyway. :-)

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 1 2005, 08:16 PM

Since I don't even remember the start of it anymore,

could anyone summarize quickly for me what the point of passing an entire camera with film around through the mail was?       

I'm going to pretend you didn't ask this.

*When you see my post of every single page from my finished Pass Around,

maybe then you'll see the point.

wow, talk about hostility. jesus christ, did you see my last post? i said it'd be done within a week. if i can get in touch with ese it should be mailed off by monday. i've posted on here a couple times for him to get in touch with me but he hasn't. i've just sent him an e-mail so hopefully he'll read it before then.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Apr 1 2005, 03:35 PM

I wasn't procrastinating, I was physically unable to do the PPA for the first couple of weeks I had it.. :(

analog.jpg

Analog.

whoooa, flashback , i used to have that same drummachine, it was busted so i used it in an art project, some tool made off with it when it was on display, tragic.

that train tunnel shot is nice, loving the DOF and reflections there my man.

wasn't digging the "feel good hit of the summer" slide show, just not my style, seemed really repetitive and that song really blew donkey nuts. i did however really like that photo on your homepage of the girl at the desk, post some more of that illness.

i will try to scan more prints and get them up here but Sin City might peel me from the screen at any moment and that takes priority.

PPA Round Two list.

(not in any real order)

- MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

- geist (pending)

- jbrshmonster

- BROWNer

- Cracked Ass (pending)

- b0b

- ckit (pending)

- fr8junkie (pending)

- onesecondple

- MrChupacabra

Pending means I need to make sure these people are still interested.

Originally posted by 8onus+Apr 2 2005, 09:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Apr 2 2005, 09:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Apr 1 2005, 03:35 PM

I wasn't procrastinating, I was physically unable to do the PPA for the first couple of weeks I had it.. :(

analog.jpg

Analog.

whoooa, flashback , i used to have that same drummachine, it was busted so i used it in an art project, some tool made off with it when it was on display, tragic.

[/b]

Hell yeah, the old Roland TR-606. I picked it up used off E-Bay a few months ago, sounds kind of lame if you run it plain, but I have it going through an Electro-Harmonix tube distortion/envelope, a Boss overdrive/distortion, and an analog delay pedal, you can do some wild shit with the 606 and a few decent pedals. Amazing that the machine is over 20 years old. Sucks that yours was busted and stolen.

Apparently you can get some modded version that lets you tweak the hell out of the drum sounds, but it's like 800 bucks.