The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by ilovedrunk@Nov 10 2004, 04:26 AM

dooooooood im not even in college mispants

well you need to get whoever is cloning you in check because there is definitely one of you on my campus, one on my girlfriend's campus, and one on the uarts campus.

Better watch out, people are stealing your blood and cloning you!

More importantly, you need to drop some pictures in this thread because everytime you've posted i've enjoyed them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CIPHER_one+Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIPHER_one - Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you schoolin' it poop? if so, whatcha studjin'?

[/b]

Those pictures were from a recent trip of mine to Princeton. I'm in law school in Texas.

<!--QuoteBegin-MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Nov 9 2004, 10:06 PM

Seriously, this dude is on every college campus across the united states.

Hahaha.

And, yes, ilovedrunk needs to drop some photos.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob+Nov 10 2004, 10:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poop Man Bob - Nov 10 2004, 10:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CIPHER_one@Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM

are you schoolin' it poop?  if so, whatcha studjin'?

Those pictures were from a recent trip of mine to Princeton. I'm in law school in Texas.

[/b]

I came so close to rocking out with PWK.

Damn.

p61.jpg

p62.jpg

p63.jpg

p64.jpg

p65.jpg

p66.jpg

Score.

ckit,

Technically they take Time-Zero (SX-70) Film, but they can be adapted to take regular 600 Film.. as seen above.

Time-Zero film can be find at most Photo stores.

It used to be carried in mart chains like K-Mart and Wal-Mart, but not anymore.

So, your best bet is a local shop.

Originally posted by -Rage-+Nov 10 2004, 11:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Rage- - Nov 10 2004, 11:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Nov 10 2004, 10:12 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-CIPHER_one@Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM

are you schoolin' it poop?  if so, whatcha studjin'?

I came so close to rocking out with PWK.

Damn.

p61.jpg

p62.jpg

p63.jpg

p64.jpg

p65.jpg

p66.jpg

Score.

[/b]

rage, how the hell did you get these exposures with 600? they are fucking awesome.

to those die hard film heads out there, if there still are any

im still fuckin with 35mm cuz im saving for a digi and get film for free, so i wanna know if you can help me out here

portra film, pro's/con's

400tx (black and white i think)

new ultra color or whatever from kodak

and yes i know there are a ton more, but these were all i could remember, so help a post whore out...

shit, i cant remember the rest, we have a good amount at work, so i can just cop some mad easy, so i was just wondring what you guys think of each....

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Nov 11 2004, 07:22 PM

rage, how the hell did you get these exposures with 600? they are fucking awesome.

Yo..

I recently bought an SX-70 Sonar camera...

Sonar.jpg

One on the left..

The SX-70 cameras technically take Time-Zero film, but can be modified to take 600 film.

But since the film is a different speed the color suffers.

I lost my old filters and you can see that the photos are really yellow/orange/red.

Anyways.. to get a longer exposure I had to tape over the Electric Eye, which registers how much light is being taken in.

Cover up the eye with electrical tape and it eleminates the timer.

Thus, a bulb setting.

Thanks for the feedback too!

Originally posted by -Rage-+Nov 12 2004, 12:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Rage- - Nov 12 2004, 12:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mackfatsoe@Nov 11 2004, 07:22 PM

rage, how the hell did you get these exposures with 600?  they are fucking awesome.

Yo..

I recently bought an SX-70 Sonar camera...

Sonar.jpg

One on the left..

The SX-70 cameras technically take Time-Zero film, but can be modified to take 600 film.

But since the film is a different speed the color suffers.

I lost my old filters and you can see that the photos are really yellow/orange/red.

Anyways.. to get a longer exposure I had to tape over the Electric Eye, which registers how much light is being taken in.

Cover up the eye with electrical tape and it eleminates the timer.

Thus, a bulb setting.

Thanks for the feedback too!

[/b]

I thnk i have the same camera as the one on the right. can you cover the electric eye on that one too, and change exposure times? which part is the electric eye, i dont even fucking know. can that camera be modified to use any film but 600?

thanks.

mack,

If the camera IS an SX-70, than you should have no problem.

An SX-70 folds out. The picture above shows one folded (right) and one open (left).

The Electric Eye (sensor) is on the far right of the camera.

The lighten/darken control is right on top of it.

You can only use Time-Zero or 600 film in an SX-70.

Here's a users guide for it:

http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/SX70.html

If you want to load 600 film in the SX-70 do the following...

-= Get piece of thin cardboard the size of a Polaroid.

-= Open the SX-70's film bay

-= Note the small metal latch in the front center of the film bay.. This blocks the bay from taking anything but Time-Zero film.

-= Place the carboard 2/3 of the way into the bottom bay.

-= Now place a new pack of 600 Film on top and load it into the camera, making sure NOT to let go of the carboard.

-= Once the film is 3/4 of the way in, pull out the carboard, push the film in completely and close the film bay.

-= Now it's ready.

Good luck.

I've been printing on this really cheap but fantastic Iflord Fiber Based warmtone paper all week and really lucked out with a lot of my prints but unfortunetly for this thread these were all printed at 11x14 and will not fit in my scanner. I imagine school has big scanners somewhere, probably monday I'll post my big prints but as for now here are the only 8x10s I printed this week, nothing special just some assignments.

Quality of Light:

christianchair.jpg

White on White:

ericabehind.jpg

"you're the third person this semester to use my ass for their assignment..."

ericareflector.jpg

I wasn't going to print this for the class but I thought it was too funny not too. "What the fuck are you doing with that reflector?"

Like I said, nothing special. You're all just lucky I didn't post my product shots of a yuengling bottle using three different types of light, sooooo exciting.