The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Nov 18 2004, 04:29 PM

hotness firepants. and pmb!

I think we should orgainze a print-trade of some sort. something similar to the ppa or whatever its called.

?

great idea

i am totally down.

I ordered a shitload of 11x14 FB warmtone paper that should be arriving today or tomorrow so I am prepared to assault anyone of you with large prints.

Originally posted by symbols@Nov 18 2004, 11:45 AM

i insured for a hundy.

:chicken:

Niiiiiiiceeeee..

I too would be down for some print trading.

We tried this when this thread first started.

It worked for the most part.

Most of us just go and get prints done at photo stores though, seeing as how we have no access to darkrooms.

Well, I'm really into getting actual prints, but anything would be cool. Would we be able to do the "pass around" thing? Or would we just have to have partners or something?

We could do the kind of Secret Santa thing. Like, if everyone submitted their address, and one person emailed everyone their "destination". Does that make sense? It does in my head.

Would it be more worth it if there was some type of theme? Or at least more than one print/photograph? Maybe the theme thing is going a bit far.

I've got Winter break coming up. So, I wouldn't be able to get shit going until January.

rage>

Well, it has occured to me that not everyone can matte so prehaps we should mount them? Don't even try to tell me not everyone can mount.

Cipher>

The secret santa thing doesn't make sense to me but i'm interested in it.

The theme might get a little complicated but I'm sure if we all agree on a theme and a deadline it might go smoothly.

My break(or lack there of) is from 12/24-1/09 so I'm here for awhile.

edit>art school has impaired my ability to write.

I imagine this is not limited to people studying photgraphy, so, would everyone be able to mount their prints if they weren't in school for photo?

It would add a bit of difficulty if mounting was a requirement..But I kinda dig it.

Secret Santa thing: Say there are 10 people who want to be involved. 9 of those people give their mailing address and email address to the tenth person. The tenth person then randomly assigns mailing addresses to the other 9 people. So, everyone has a person to mail their mounted(?) print to, but no one knows who they are receiving their print from. The 10th person will perhaps miss out on this element of mystery, since he or she will have to give someone their mailing address. Or, we could get a "third party" to randomly assign the mailing addresses so no one misses out on the fun. Perhaps a moderator.

Does that make sense? If not, we can just go the simple route and exchange mailing addresses publicly.

Is an acceptable deadline for this Feb 1st? Since we don't even have details together?

thank you everyone for the positive feedback.

I took those yesterday at Eastern State Penitentiary. (http://www.easternstate.org/)

I shot a handful of rolls of 35mm and one roll of 120 on this crappy TLR I bought at a thrift store over the summer. I'm going to try and print stuff from the 120 roll tomorrow. So expect more.

ATTENTION AA>>>>

Sometime early tuesday morning myself and a couple class mates are going back to Eastern State if you would like to meet up or something. It's $7 to get in and I'll be there for sometime because I'm only shooting 4x5 so it should take awhile.

EVERYONE ELSE>>

Let's start a list for the secret santa print trade!

Thus Far:

1. Myself

2. Alan the Angry

3. Cipher

4.?

5.?

6.?

7.?

8.?

9.?

10.?

Originally posted by -Rage-+Nov 17 2004, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Rage- - Nov 17 2004, 10:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Nov 17 2004, 10:25 PM

brainsurgen.jpg

Oh.My.God.

Dude I want a print of this. Same full frame.

Want to trade?

[/b]

i thought the same exact thing, amazing...

Guest imported_b0b

In all seriousness the regulars on this thread should pool all their photos together and get someone nerdy to do a big database thingy to enable them to run an online image library. Basically you "tag" all your flicks with keywords, allow people to view a preview and if they want to purchase the image (or use of the image) they do an online order and get permission to download a hi-res version. You people have some astounding photos and once it is set up it is one of those things that will take care of it's self and hopefully earn you money. Well worth considering. Watch out Getty Images, 12ozimages is coming at ya.