PS2 XBOX GAME REVIEWS

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a second reason now to buy Xbox. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is simply incredible. Granted, I only played for three hours, but it was a fun filled three hours. From what I could gather, it has a story line that is better than Phantom Menace. The graphics are near top notch. The sound, of course, is perfect (including voice acting). I hear that this is a looooong game, too. Anyone who has Xbox and doesn't even like RPGs should get this game. I'm serious!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am playing XIII right now. It is pretty dope. It is pretty much like playing a comic book. With the way that the graphics were set up i thought it was going to be choppy but everything flows pretty well. The part of the game that i like the most is when i throw a knife and it stabs some one in the eye, 3 small comic book frames pop up at the top and show them getting stabbed in the eye up close and personal. Same for when i shoot them with my sniper rifle and they fall from a building.

The game just isnt as fun as i thought it would be. Maybe its just cuz its winter. I never have as much fun doing anything during the winter.

Holler for anyone who has played this yet,

Originally posted by Weapon X

I have a second reason now to buy Xbox. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is simply incredible. Granted, I only played for three hours, but it was a fun filled three hours. From what I could gather, it has a story line that is better than Phantom Menace. The graphics are near top notch. The sound, of course, is perfect (including voice acting). I hear that this is a looooong game, too. Anyone who has Xbox and doesn't even like RPGs should get this game. I'm serious!

That game is fucking awesome. Just wait til you actually get into the story, shit gets deep. I couldn't put this game down, and it took like 55 hours to beat.

I suggest EVERYONE with an X BOX

should get this game..as long as you don't hate D20(I think thats what its called.)

• 1 month later...

STEEL BATTALION

STEEL BATTALION IS THE SHIT!

I played it finally yesterday at my friend’s house. It cost him 300 dollars Canadian, and it comes with a 40 button controller, complete with light up buttons, two joysticks, a gear shifter, and gas, brake, and sidestep pedals. You really feel like you’re piloting the monstrous VT when you’re playing.

It’s a mecha game like no other. Well, it’s sorta like Mechwarrior, but more in depth in a lot of aspects. There is only one view, and that is cockpit view. The graphics are SUPERB and it feels hype when you have to start up the mech by flipping all these controls (there’s even a button for washing the windshield – which isn’t really a windshield because your cockpit doesn’t have a window, just a HUD).

There isn’t much of a story line, but the mission briefings are good enough.

The second one, Steel Battalion: Final Contact has either dropped just recently, or will soon. It will be multiplayer online. Holy cow!

If you like military games, or controlling mecha (Vertical Tanks in this game), then you will no doubt love this game like no other. I really want a Xbox!

Another thing about the game is it’s take on realism.

There is no pausing the game during a mission.

If you die in a mission, your entire saved game is deleted and you must start from the beginning.

If you eject (you have to lift the glass, then press the big red button), you survive, but you have to buy a new VT.

I figured this out from just a couple of hours of playing.

Luckily, there is a free mission code.

Nah, not worth buying, in my opinion. What system are you talking about? I played it on xbox and thought it was decent. I’d much rather get Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (*aka splinter cell 2), which drops at the end of the month. I’m sure there are a ton of games around, but KillSwitch wouldn’t be something I’d want from wifey unless she buys me games all the time.

ill just give a quick review of the games that i have played recently (XBOX)

knights of the old republic: one of the best games ever, a must buy

hitmaN 2: really hard but extrememly fun. when you get into the bigger levels you will have tons of ways to hit your mark.

need 4 speed underground: good solid racing game even though it is hard as hell

EA nhl 04: best sports game i have ever played. includes a dynasty mode in which you manage a franchise for 20 years controlling almost every aspect of the came from the draft to ticket prices.

Max Payne 2: my personal favorite, not much different than the first but it has awsome graphics and a killer story

thats all i got for now but ill post more as i play em

Phantasy Star Online episode one and two -gamecube

the game orginated on dreamcast and getting online was free if you had an ip address and dns servers to input. mostly its a game based on team work where you and other online gamers go into, as a group of four, levels with easy to hard enemies and the eventual boss at the end. what makes the game more interesting is the commodity trading with rare items which you originally were suppose to find legitly until hackers/dupers started creating their own little black market. the game is very addicting though

Phantasy Star Online episode three

the first two episodes were based on adventures and quests while this one is more of tournaments and battles as a card game. at first i was skeptical about buying it since i dont want some pokemon game, but its very different more along hte lines of chess. the online trading is even nicer now with more shit to trade and so far the dupers and hackers haven't fucked it up yet.

if you buy one of these games buy it to play online..both games are on different servers, but both have a good population of gamers

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some games I've played lately:

Def Jam: New York - excellent game. I rented it, and only played it for one night, but I think it's pretty damn good for a wrestling game, so if you like wrestling games, this is it.

KillZone - on ps2. Terrible. You might have seen the commercials - the ones with the futuristic Hitler giving a speech to a futuristic Germany. "the march of the hellgeist.." This game should be put into an oven. You can't even jump, and the environment definitely calls for jumping. And that's just one of the problems.

The Punisher - (for ps2 and xbox) Ok, I haven't played it, as it isn't released until January 11th, 2005. But, I have seen screenshots, and have read excellent gamespy articles on it, and I think it should be good.

The only similarity to the movie is that Tom Jane is voicing Frank Castle. Other than that, I am preparing for a gorefest.

There are tons of interogation methods, you can put people into woodchippers, and even saw a guy from the crotch up. Gross, but it's nice to have the option.

The screenplay for the game is written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Garth Ennis. The game is actually based on the original story line that Punisher began with. Great decision. I'm not expecting to be disappointed by this one.

It's made by THQ and Volition, but I've never heard of Volition.

anyway, here's a link for an interview with Palmiotti regarding the game.

>>Jimmy Palmiotti on GameSpy<<

Halo2.........First game to ever get 10 out of 10.

Manhunt??????????????? got banned here in AUS...mate was gonna burn it for me but he deleted it of his hardrive...

Nigenfligen mainframe....database motherboard...hhmmnjknnigeenn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived