R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phem9

not a day can pass by when you don't roll thru on these trax or in my mind. the best props ever to this champion who continues to inspire so many! RIP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember when I first heard this.........I acted all weird for a few days because guys like Nace always got me juiced on freights and when that's all you're doing for fun it's kind of weird to think one of the people you looked up to is gone and won't be coming back! It's mickey mantle being taken out in his prime! It was just shocking to think how frail life is!

It just shocked me to think it can happen to anyone........my older brother died from a drunk driver too! Don't drink and drive!

this is my time to say something about this great man, this legend, this inspiration to us all. NACEO. before i begin, allow me to give my deepest condolences to your family, your friends, and your crewmates.

I never met my grandfather, but my mother always tells me what he used to say. One time when I was fuckin up in high school, and hangin out with the wrong group, she told me her father used to say, "Di me con quien tu andas, y yo puedo decir quien tu eres." ("Tell me the company you keep, and I can tell you who you are.")

John, if I could tell you who you are by the company you kept, I would say that you were one of the most amazing people in the universe. Let me tell you how...

The whole shop was silent as CHIP and Navy were reminising about old times and what Nace had done. We listened to Chip's every word, as he described different patterns and different techniques he would use to do something different on a wall. One that stuck out was that Nace took a spray bottle, like a 409 bottle and put some paint in it, and sprayed it on a wall just to see what different effects he could get with it. I asked CHIP what his cubed tattoos said, because I couldn't exactly make it out. He said "It says NACEO FOREVER." I was amazed. Navy put his head down and his right fist in the air when CHIP first started talking about Nace...we could all tell by their laughs, that they were distraught without their man Nace.

When MH one (Mad Hatter) talked to us about Nace, he told us missions they went out on, and how clean he used to paint, and how much time he spent on pieces. Anyone that has met MH knows that he is a fast paced dude, and doesnt stick around for bullshit, but for his man Nace, he did. He rocked this hat that had all these types of pins with hardcore bands and heavy metals bands on them, even one with Beavis and Butthead...and in the embroidery in the front of his hat it said NACE MD RIP in Old English lettering...

Jes One...ah man. First off, Jes is one of the coolest dudes in graffiti ever...he talked to us for hours about Nace, and weed, and all types of shit, but when he talked about Nace, he had us laughin tellin us how Nace was. Jes is the most laid back dude, and very educated at that...he talked about how things had changed since Nace's passing...and all of a sudden there was a pause, a moment of silence...and after that, he just kept talking...Jes is an amazing dude.

Finally, Enue.

Enue and I rapped for a bit on a bench outside the skateshop. He was hittin up some cat's blackbook, and he lent me a cigarette, and gave me some insight. He told me about how Nace was one of his closest friends, and how they were partners back in the day. I could tell Nace meant sooo much to him, and I could feel his hurt, he was very serious in his words, and hardly cracked a smile. Anyone that has ever met Enue knows that hes a pretty serious dude, but at the same time has a lighter side, but for the most part, I only saw the serious side. A bit before that, Meca,Cosk,Brew,Able,Same, and I went painting with Enue, and I didn't know exactly who he was. He went over one of my first straight letters, because I came later in the evening, I didn't mind...cause the shit was wack anyways...haha. But my partner Meca came up to me, and was like, "Bro, he was Nace's first partner." At that moment, I was like...damn. I was very humbled by his presence, even though later on, he made it clear to me that my humble nature was not necessary. Enue, definitely a deep guy, extremely humble, and an all around sick ass artist.

Those are only a few of the people I've had the pleasure of meeting that were very close to Nace...and I must say John, if being "rich" was measured by how many close friends, and how many people you've inspired, and how many lives you've changed, you my friend, would be an extremely wealthy man. I never had the chance to meet you, damn I wish I did...but please believe, your legacy lives on through your friends, your crewmates, and your family. I can't believe it's been 3 years...

Peace and Love to Mayhem, MD, Enue, CHIP, NAVY, MHone, and JES ONE.

!!NACEO!!

..May your spirit live on..

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking with my boy the other night about how we don't see Nace up rolling like we used to, it was sad because we had the direct route from Jerseys Ford plant to ours,so we'd seen alot of his shit. It's weird,before seeing him up was nothing,like watching myself rollout of the spot.Now it's like a rare thing and if we see it it often has peoples names shouting him out around it.

RIP

Originally posted by STYLEISKING@Dec 2 2004, 03:42 AM

theres a good handfull of nace´s work in the

new book supreme quality,find more in third rail

section.....good stuff!

nace04.jpg

Ive got a pic of a huge r.i.p nace on a back of a billboard in brooklyn

but have never posted a flik, how do i go about it.

Archived