R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: R.I.P. NACE DF

fr80 just told me how nace still had paint under his nails as he lay in his coffin... i dont know why, but thats so fucking dope to me. we all have to go, no getting out of it, and unfortunitly some of us will go sooner than others... but going out when your life is still filled with the things you love has gotta be the best way. were lucky (writers in general) most of us base our lives around painting. i know kids that moved across the country just to find a chiller yard. how many other people can say they've lived a life purely for pleasure? to chase a dream? nace lived his dream and i might not have known him personaly, but it didnt matter, it doesnt matter than most of us never met him, we've all seen his work, an it pushed us all to work harder. he wasnt a super star writer that was bigger than life, he was a kid that put in fucking work cause thats what it means to be a writer. back to the top bro...

This right here is inspirational... Lyin gin the coffin with paint under your nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP NACE!!!!!

This right here is inspirational... Lyin gin the coffin with paint under your nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP NACE!!!!!

agreed...i gonna put that in my will"if there is spraypaint on my hands dont clean it off". and he had paint under his nails becuase he had just finished painting a piece at scribble jam and was going to a yard.

My neighbor/ best friend died from a drunk driver in november 06.

For all the people that were close friends to him know that stuff like this

is very hard to get through. I've only caught some marker stuff next to ladders

from nace but as for highways and train lines i see a good sum of good quality

work. Ive met some great writers and he would have been really great to just talk

to for even a few minutes.

Rest in Peace Nace

just caught the last one...so very missed

23.jpg

[

iloved naces work.his wildstyles defined the term.he was so far ahead of the game its hard to compare him to other writers.because of the quality not to mention the volume at which he put out solid burners.can you imagine how he would paint if he was still around today.im sure he'd be sponsored by tana or belton.look at the progression in his work from 96 till 99,its unreal.i wish we were all fortunate enough to still have him here.somtimes i look at what flicks of his i do have.and it just makes my head spin.and heart feel like only the good die young.graffiti misses alot of people but its STILL mourning for the loss of naceo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i remembe first seeing "fuck wit it" i rember that nace in the newark hall of fame i always tryn 2 read wot its sed and after i knew i said nace , it was just NACE everywhere on expecially fr8 n new jersey video rip .

the style have also influence writers in australia aswell

Archived