R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been watching 'The Art of Storytelling' over and over again.. The Naceo segment is fucking amazing.. shows soo much shit he's done and how clean it was.. the in actions were complete not half ass like I've seen in others, also how they pic a clip of John in the '15 mins of fame' (chips segment) was a straight class act.

It's a shame to see that the way he left, is one of the things he was against.

R.I.P.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by H of BL+Mar 9 2005, 02:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H of BL - Mar 9 2005, 02:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-johnny@Feb 18 2005, 09:13 AM

matthew042.jpg

Damn that is tight as fuck^

[/b]

did this wall have an old kaws on it before this? i'm just trying to figure out if i've been there before.

either way, great tribute.

Nace's influence on the graffiti community was and still is immeasurable. It's nice to see how there are people on here who may not even have known about him while he was still with us, yet they are inspired to this day by his body of work and his legacy. Someone should try to compile a list of videos, books, mags, etc., that feature his pieces, interviews, or whatever, so that younger cats can really be exposed to what this legend was all about. I doubt that there is anyone in the graff game that couldn't learn something from the master.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger+May 16 2005, 08:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harvey wallbanger - May 16 2005, 08:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Someone should try to compile a list of videos, books, mags, etc., that feature his pieces, interviews, or whatever, so that younger cats can really be exposed to what this legend was all about.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-)EI3(@Jul 20 2004, 01:59 PM

where can i find pics of his stuff???

yo im pretty sure this has been posted before somewhere on here but

http://www.pbase.com/fr8rider/nace

itd be tight if they could add videos, interviews and shit but its still nice as fuck to check out.

RIP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New jersey and whole world missing you Naceo

hope you laughing down at all of us...saying "am right here lookin"

much respect may you rest with power in peace!

keep dropping those frieghts on us from heaven, :innocent:

YOU WILL FOREVER LIVE ON..... :king:

i meet nace in 2001 at scribble jam through some friends in ta he was a super nice layed back guy...he will be missed if you want a good video buy the art of storytelling the end of it has a dope nace section... ooo yea and does anyone have the nace and rime piece that are in sacacuse new jersey ...how ever you spell sacaucase...i got flicks but no scanner..

i might still be a kid of 13 but growin up in jersey seein nace on 287 and the parkway as i remember was one of the biggest influences of my life. i new his tag by the age of 9. then i saw other artists like chip and stuff writin r.i.p. i knew that ever since i was nine i wanted to write with him and now he was gone...there is nothing i could do but see his work today like the water tower on 287 or the slim and long one on 287 (which got painted over and reanacted). so i wanna just give a big ass, R.I.P NACE! the best of the best

-germo

Archived