R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

the drugs defenetly got to somebody......

IF YOUR GONNA JACK FLICKS OFF WEBSITES FOR SOMEONE, AT LEAST KNOW A LITTLE SOMTHING ABOUT HIM....DRUGS? COME ON MAN. ANYWAYS THE FLIK UNDER THE TROPICANA FR8, IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY IN GTV THE FR8 SPECIAL, WHERE THEIR IS THE ROLLING FOOTAGE SECTION, YOU CAN SEE THAT NACE IN THE BACKGROUND, NEVER NOTICED THAT TILL RECENTLY. RIP

reading through some of the replies on this thread... it makes me think. Nace's work touched so many people. From people who didn't know him, and people who were considered "enemies"(if that's even possible), to his close friends.

It's sad that he couldn't read all of this before he went away. People take each other for granite. And stupid beef, and battles, and internet shit talk need to stop. We are all part of something special. Weather we rock or not. We are all basically one big underground family. And we need to start respecting, and looking out for each other. Weather we care for each other or not. Practically the whole world is against us.

Basically what i'm trying to say is that next time you go to disrespect another writer... toy or king... think twice about it. Also, if there is someone who has really touched you... let them know, without holding back. It's important.

i was just thinking that.....

tonight i got stranded in nyc ...i wasn't aware that you couldn't walk across the queensburgh bridge from manhattan.money less i decided to try to go my mom's crib.while walking down to pen station this guy looks at me crossing the street.it's cedric,along with omar formally of at the drive in,and now the mars volta.i'm like ''at the drive is is my favorite all time band'[and they are]there like''thanks''and cedric's says ''nice shirt''[a custom smithfits tee my friend thrill made].you are must likely wondering why the hell i am talking about this ,but along the lines of thinking how much their music has made an impact on my little life....i remember hearing one live show where before ''napolen solo'' cedric stressed telling people that are close to you exactly how much they mean,because as the songs about two of his dear friends dying unexpectly so young .i recall telling john how much he meant to me in full , because of this.he died a few months later.the moral of the story tell people you love just that...let them know because we only live once and you could never get to tell them.sorry for the babbling i did'nt expect to be in jersey tonight...........on a brighter note i just found footage from six or so years ago of nasty naceo in all his glory hopefully you guys will like along with a huge tribute section for john in jersey video coming soon....take care guys......CHIP7.mayhem.cbs.

Re: i was just thinking that.....

Originally posted by ///////

tonight i got stranded in nyc ...i wasn't aware that you couldn't walk across the queensburgh bridge from manhattan.money less i decided to try to go my mom's crib.while walking down to pen station this guy looks at me crossing the street.it's cedric,along with omar formally of at the drive in,and now the mars volta.i'm like ''at the drive is is my favorite all time band'[and they are]there like''thanks''and cedric's says ''nice shirt''[a custom smithfits tee my friend thrill made].you are must likely wondering why the hell i am talking about this ,but along the lines of thinking how much their music has made an impact on my little life....i remember hearing one live show where before ''napolen solo'' cedric stressed telling people that are close to you exactly how much they mean,because as the songs about two of his dear friends dying unexpectly so young .i recall telling john how much he meant to me in full , because of this.he died a few months later.the moral of the story tell people you love just that...let them know because we only live once and you could never get to tell them.sorry for the babbling i did'nt expect to be in jersey tonight...........on a brighter note i just found footage from six or so years ago of nasty naceo in all his glory hopefully you guys will like along with a huge tribute section for john in jersey video coming soon....take care guys......CHIP7.mayhem.cbs.

good shit dog. stay up...

• 2 weeks later...

I was never really into graff during NACE's prime period. All I can say is, still being in my progressional stage, I have never seen anything so amazing as John's work. I've had dreams of seeing NACE full cars rolling through yards I've never been too, and actually meeting the man. All I have is respect, Nace is a huge inspiration to me and many many others. The sheer amount of freights and walls says John had a true passion for his art. He is a hero to me, RIP NACEO a true king

• 2 weeks later...

still catchin good amounts of the gents steele in the yards, i remember back in 99 when i was first comin into the game walking endless miles along the transit line catching flicks. he was and still is sooo up.. trying to imagine myself paint as well as this guy, not in a million years. i cant help but recall this one silver fill stomper thats now way too overgrown, one line must have been easily 20 feet long and as solid and consistent as anything you could never do if you wanted..rest in power, king, friend

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey John,

as u know from watching up there, u know I finally got that world tour done, that I was just starting when we had this accident together. Man, 2 years later, anfd 2 carr accidents later, and months in hospitals and in such bad shape, and I finally got this done.

Ya know what dude, it's like you were one of the 3 driving forces that just made me get up there and do it. Thru months of being stuck in that hospital bed, being told I was going 2 lose my leg and would never walk again, and allsorts, I finally got out there and did it dude.

You were one of the 3 factors that MADE me get this done finally.

And spending what time I did in the States painting, along with the iother countries, I was so sttoked to see you nearly weekly, as I'm painting steel; everywhere, looking over my shoulder, as I arrive at so many spots, to find your pieces sitting in the yards and layups, waiting for me, to just let me know yiouy're watching out for me man.

As u know I got a few Nace hits done on the tour, and they'll b posted when I get the flix developed, but thank u so much bro.

U wouldn't know how often I think of that day we were in that accident and so wish it was me, not you, who had died.

U are so missed dude.

Sux we couldn't have chilled again this time around, but I know u really were there watching my back bro.

RIP John - never forgotten!

Archived