R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

Guest 5:00 Shadow

i never met the king but i kinda felt like i did, i dont know its weird, maybe its his spirit... only the good die young i guess... and he was the best... i was taking a piss the other day at a restaurant all the way up north jersey, i was drunk as shit missing the urinal and all and they had one of those newspaper holders in front so u can read and piss... i couldn't read shit and then in my moment of clarity i focused on the casing and their was Newa and Naceo scratched into the wood... wish i got to paint with you, Rest In Peace...a

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey John,

I was thinkin bout u this mornin in one of my regular bouts of depression, and I get this email 2 tell me the forum's been updated.

I rarely come in2 12 Oz. coz the size of the text and colours makes it impossible for me to read and I have 2 get my dad 2 read me the text.

Dang bro - I hope all is OK 4 u up there. U are missed man - I can't wait 2 get my healing done and get back 2 the US and keep your name going even harder man.

Miss u John. Respect and RIP

1000 and counting.

i was in new york about 3 months ago. while i was there my best friend was flying into newark and she had been in europe for a long time, although it was just a layover it was worth it. while i was riding the train from new york to new jersey i got to admire a few amtracks on the way but the fun didnt start til i hit right outside of the jersey line by maybe 2-4 minutes. while staring out the window for redesigned landscape i witnessed my third nace piece in person and i must say it was, for the third time a life altering event. i have never seen graffiti in person that can compare, photos are nothing and its hard to describe until you experience it. i would like to dedicate this rememberance to nace as a thank you for everything that he contributed and thank you for the roads that he helped pave.

on a side note, i have driven across most of this country by bus and car on numerous occasions and i have never seen anything even remotely like what i witnesses on a particular highway going through jersey about 4 months before the previous story took place. the graff community let it be known to the world that we lost a true mentor and friend when nace died and it was very inspiring. thank you jersey for holding it down for everybody else, dont think it wasnt noticed by the rest of the world. rip.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been in this thread in a long time. I was drawn to come and write though. I have thought of you a lot latly John. I go to the yard and see you rolling through and it almost makes me cry sometimes. You were one of the most gentle hearted people I have ever met. The talks we had about things I will remember forever. I have taken some of the advise you gave me. As I looked at some of the things that go on in my life. I'm having a kid now. I wish she could have met you. I wish more people could have met you. Fuck I wish you were just still here man. I think about what should be done to the man who took you out of this world and what I would love to do to him. Then I think of you. Your non-violent approach to life. Your care free attitude. And wonder......... wonder if you would even want anything done. Your style and colors still boggle me. I was looking at some flix I have of yours last night and they are so boggling. I will and probably most of will never get how you came up with some of your schemes. I miss you man. I miss getting calls at 1 or 2 in the morning to get you some plane tickets down here. I miss sitting around. I miss going out for late night runs with you. I miss getting eaten by mesquitos cause we both forgot the cutter. I just miss you John. To this day I still wonder what would have happened if my girl hadn't taken off work and I went out with you guys that day. At about 9 when I got Met's call. I thought it was going to be you ready to hook up for the nite. Instead I got the news you had been taken from us. I will never forget anything you've done for me. You're missed more than you could ever imagine down here. Rest in Piece my friend.

-Dezn

why is it that so many are taken during their peak? it makes me hope for never becoming a famous or respected writer...i havent been benching much lately, but id seen a couple of nace pieces roll through. it sucks to think that there wont be any new nace pieces rolling on the lines, but at the same time, it makes the ones that are out there that much more special...flick them while you can people....and beat the fuck out of anyone you see buffing them....if you can..

sometimes i cant beleive how many of the nicest people are taken bfore us,when nace passed i couldnt belive it and i tried not to belive it bcuz he is one of the best writers to ever hold a can....unfortunetley this graffiti blis was cut short by a mindles fool who has no regard for life....let nace's passing be a reminder to us all that we should not take life for granted.RIP NACEO

Ain't it a nasty thought, to know that Michael Warren(the drunken bastard who killed Nace and injured the other 3 of us) is now out of prison, and pretty much scott-free, after MURDERING John. One year's imprisonment and 5 years loss of driver's licence isn't justice.

What the hell is this world coming to?

Hold in there Deznatori - my thoughts are with you brother. May the coming of your child be well, and know I'll be back there with you soon brother - only 5 months to go.

Originally posted by deznatori

I haven't been in this thread in a long time. I was drawn to come and write though. I have thought of you a lot latly John. I go to the yard and see you rolling through and it almost makes me cry sometimes. You were one of the most gentle hearted people I have ever met. The talks we had about things I will remember forever. I have taken some of the advise you gave me. As I looked at some of the things that go on in my life. I'm having a kid now. I wish she could have met you. I wish more people could have met you. Fuck I wish you were just still here man. I think about what should be done to the man who took you out of this world and what I would love to do to him. Then I think of you. Your non-violent approach to life. Your care free attitude. And wonder......... wonder if you would even want anything done. Your style and colors still boggle me. I was looking at some flix I have of yours last night and they are so boggling. I will and probably most of will never get how you came up with some of your schemes. I miss you man. I miss getting calls at 1 or 2 in the morning to get you some plane tickets down here. I miss sitting around. I miss going out for late night runs with you. I miss getting eaten by mesquitos cause we both forgot the cutter. I just miss you John. To this day I still wonder what would have happened if my girl hadn't taken off work and I went out with you guys that day. At about 9 when I got Met's call. I thought it was going to be you ready to hook up for the nite. Instead I got the news you had been taken from us. I will never forget anything you've done for me. You're missed more than you could ever imagine down here. Rest in Piece my friend.

-Dezn

man i got chills all over reading this.... ahh dude im sorry nace got taken from the world... its horrible.... rip naceo

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by scream

Ain't it a nasty thought, to know that Michael Warren(the drunken bastard who killed Nace and injured the other 3 of us) is now out of prison, and pretty much scott-free, after MURDERING John. One year's imprisonment and 5 years loss of driver's licence isn't justice.

What the hell is this world coming to?

Hold in there Deznatori - my thoughts are with you brother. May the coming of your child be well, and know I'll be back there with you soon brother - only 5 months to go.

the system never ceases to amaze me. it never ceases to fail too. this guy get dealt with yet? im sure there are a lot of people out there who would love a few minutes 1 on 1 with that guy.

Beautiful Foxy - John always found fault in what he did, and continued to try and progress. I loved his stuff, but most artists usually see fault in their own work.

Once I can get easy access 2 a scanner, I'll post a flick of the last blackbook entry he did before he left us. I am honoured to be the owner of the book.

RIP John, see u soon bro.

Peace!

NACE will be missed by all! I didn't know him but I did admire his art. Just the other day I stood in front of the NACE/MET TPIX the #s have been buffed for some time , but the piece still and always will rock. anyway I was looking like I never saw it before but I've seen it most likely 20 or so times and thinking there wont be anymore. then it came to me if willing why couldn't you guys who have his blackbooks take a piece out of the book, and put it up on a fr8. They are his drawings why does his fr8's have to stop . Keep his spirt alive on the rails. It's not that hard to give up one fr8 every once in a while to keep him up. If I had access to drawings of a close friend of mine that past , I would think that's what they would what me to do.

Keep his fr8's alive!

ROLL IN POWER KING NACEO!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

michael warren gets 1 year in prison for murder...

GKAE gets 3 years in prison for vandalism...

it only makes me want to destroy more...

word thats fucked up....man nace was such an ill painter...and a fr8 crushing machine..never met the guy in real life but the loss is just the same...rest in power.king naceo......:king: :king: :king:

Archived