Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hal I still have a couple pretty pinks. Nothing special, was gonna just use em in freight fills. I can hold on to one if you're especially into it.

Not really, I was just wondering if anyone bothered to hang onto them. I didn't think much of hanging onto paints discontinued after 2000, but I just noticed that they're going to be 10 years old soon.

I did hang on to a Krylon Victorian Blue and Orchard Green, so I'm happy with those.

I quoted this from the paint thread, if you cats over here could hook the man up w/ some hi rez flix it will be much appreciated.

What do you guys think of a optional "reusable color doughnut"

There would be an option of where the cans would come with or without a color doughnut.

The doughnuts would be reusable and easy to pop on or pop off.

I am working on lowering the pressure of the paint as well and adding some more colors

These very colors right here minus the gold:

If anyone has better pictures of these cans preferably high resolution it would really really appreciated.

an4.jpg

Not the illbronze....don't know bout the buntlak....Lots of companies produce spray paint under differnet names, that is a common practice. Nybco was notorious for it, and so is seymour and sprayon

I was talking bout the Buntlak . Sprayon is Krylons aka! as well as Color Place and a few others :)

Again not a old can question but again I figured you guys would know. I've been three states in the northeast in the last week and I noticed that almost every store had the rusto 33% more cans. I also noticed that a few stores had them last august as well. So is that how rusto does it? Do they release the 33% cans every august or is that just a coincidence?

I quoted this from the paint thread, if you cats over here could hook the man up w/ some hi rez flix it will be much appreciated.

He needs test sprays not hi res images... Caps can fade and are not exactly the same as the color sprays. Example Jungle Green does not come out as bright as the cap is, it comes out a little duller.

Another example, Slyle said "what's wrong with the harvest gold", the reason he said that is because the cap is not the right Harvest Gold color and the Icy Grape in that pic is a touch faded as well.

If you wanna make the colors the same as they were you need test spray swatches of each color to make the new colors accurate as they can be.

He needs test sprays not hi res images... Caps can fade and are not exactly the same as the color sprays. Example Jungle Green does not come out as bright as the cap is, it comes out a little duller.

Another example, Slyle said "what's wrong with the harvest gold", the reason he said that is because the cap is not the right Harvest Gold color and the Icy Grape in that pic is a touch faded as well.

If you wanna make the colors the same as they were you need test spray swatches of each color to make the new colors accurate as they can be.

EPMD you're 100% right and those caps aren't really an exact match of the actual paint either. The color chart though helps me determine through RAL the exact colors or nearly the exact duplicate of it.

I do appreciate each and everyone of you's help.

ps: Looking at these old cans is pretty awesome! I wish I could go back to that time period.

Archived