Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't a necessarily a question about old paint but I figured you guys would know the answer. For about a month now in NYC I've been having a really hard time finding harbor blue. At first I thought home depot just stopped carrying it, but after checking more the a dozen mom and pops I still haven't found any. I checked the Rusto site and they still have it listed as a color they make but they don't have night tide and pistachio listed which I've been seeing lately. That lead me to believe that the color chart may not be accurate or up to date. Any help is appreciated

Out of curiosity, was anyone smart enough to hang onto some of the PT colors from the early 2000's? i was looking at some old flicks yesterday, and I could have sworn this one piece had a color called "Pretty Pink". It was a Painters Touch color, a light pink similar to Sweet Pea. I also remember a grey purple called Violet Mist, and a pastel one possibly called Lilac. The Pretty Pink color was only around for a couple years at best, but i didn't hang onto one.

I'm 99% positive I have have Violet Mist and for sure have Lilac... Would have to check for Pretty Pink, I don't touch any of my 2000 AA's or PT's, even though I used an Aqua last week and was regretting it... hanging on to my Spa Blues and Key Limes as well.... Actually can still find some mid-late 90's PT's at a local store you are familar with.... of course no Keylimes though... I would buy them out.

I probably have some of them, if not you need me to keep an eye out? No more spa blue, I almost used a couple cans of that the other day....

Nah man, I'm straight. My mom's basement has stacks of milk crates 6 high full of extra cans i couldn't bring across country. I'm just hoping someone saved some of the discontinued colors for posterity. Terracotta, Cottage Rose, Violet Mist, Soft Peach, Orange, etc. I'd like to see flicks. I know I have an Orange (not "Real Orange"), Soft Peach and a Violet Mist kicking around somewhere, but i wasn't smart enough to hang on to a Lilac or the pinks.

Before I traded for a top for my Hot Raspberry, I sprayed a fake one with Berry Pink, and it was almost identical.

Thanks for the pics, Jib and Bem. I always liked the way Violet Mist covered, I didn't think it was watery at all. I also filled a freight hopper wholecar with Country Blue, which was a mistake because it kinda looked like the regular, stock grey paint, even though the hopper was green. i was hoping it would have looked more blue.

Nice flicks Bem! In my area Berry Pink was the first can to come in the new style cans, suddenly they were all gone overnight! lol.. I keep looking for that style to put aside. Must admit the whole range looks dope all together. Bem.. If you want the 25% extra Black from my flick lmk.. I think it belongs with you!

Yes Berry Pink I think is identical to Hot Raspeberry...did the same thing Hal did with both Hot Raspberry I had. If you look at the paint that was on the can I could not tell the difference, but would have to see it on a larger scale to really tell...

Some Sherwin Williams Krylons with a David Choe painting in the background.

Pink Pastel, Light Peach, Salmon, Rose, Dusty Pink, Hot Pink, Mahogany, Burgundy, Scarlet, Banner Red Satin, Sunset Orange, Mandarin/Allis Chalmers Orange, Terracotta, Popsicle(Safety)Orange, School Bus Yellow, Marigold Yellow/Caterpillar Yellow, New Caterpillar Yellow, Bright Yellow/John Deere Yellow, Pastel Yellow, Pistachio, Light Sage, Hunter Green, Regal Blue, Pacific Blue, Slate Blue, Violet, Safety Purple, Rich Plum, Purple

messagepart-3.jpg.3a779c0c4d55fcdac8613c6de15fd018.jpg

Archived