Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That baby blue hallmark is SICK.... do you know who its made by or can we get a flick of back of can....

And Jib I never heard of it, but that falls into the whole 70's Ultra High Gloss in Vibrant colors, with trippy names theme....can latex still be considered an enamel??? Thought they were two different things...

DEEN, Borden acquired krylon around 1966. That is when you see the Borden Script cans, the birth of the 5ball design. Before that Krylon was made in Norristown PA. I am assuming but not 100% sure they were their own company. Foster and Kester I believe were the original people to start it. They started with just a clear plastic spray coating, and it was a couple of years before they started making colors. I would have to dig into my archives to give you the exact info, this is just what I can remember at 1am....

That baby blue hallmark is SICK.... do you know who its made by or can we get a flick of back of can....

And Jib I never heard of it, but that falls into the whole 70's Ultra High Gloss in Vibrant colors, with trippy names theme....can latex still be considered an enamel??? Thought they were two different things...

I think thats the name of the company HALLMARK no info on back.0920101013.jpg

VSP get that sunset orange away from those other cans. It's cool but those sunset oranges pop a seam and spew on whatever's next to em more than any other collected can. At one time I had 12 or so and I think at least half have failed. Heard anecdotes from other people as well about that color.

VSP get that sunset orange away from those other cans. It's cool but those sunset oranges pop a seam and spew on whatever's next to em more than any other collected can. At one time I had 12 or so and I think at least half have failed. Heard anecdotes from other people as well about that color.

My permanent collection/set up is totally based on feedback from of a lot of folks who've experienced issues with names that are prone to leaks. The Oranges, Reds and Yellows are all on the bottom shelf for safe keeping. If there's a pin hole leak on the seam of a litho can then that fucker gets emptied...

Got a Chrome Yellow notch with a slow leaking valve that won't stop. Tried blast caps and cutting the stem of some fat caps to drain it, but it never quite gets it all since the dregs are still there and there's no pressure.

HEy guys,is there any old can that used to have red banana cap as stock cap? just curious cuz my friend gave me one red banana its old old cap (that's what he told me) also i will post a pic of that cap. Thanks guys.

That sounds like a Rusto Stock cap. They were on pretty much all Rusto brand paints untill the late 90s at the latest. They where good for everything from filling to outlines. One of my personal favortie caps or that era. Seeing how at this point its so old and your unlikly to see one again. I say dont use it and just keep it. Its a historical item now.

The sides of old rusto displays always hold goodies....when you see charts you gotta dig, that is where I have found a ton of good rusto charts....

This is actually my 2nd trip there and I missed this last time. I'm trying to fill my paper label Touch N' Tone chart with cans. I have one, no top. Any leads? I think the chart I posted is still up. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

That sounds like a Rusto Stock cap. They were on pretty much all Rusto brand paints untill the late 90s at the latest. They where good for everything from filling to outlines. One of my personal favortie caps or that era. Seeing how at this point its so old and your unlikly to see one again. I say dont use it and just keep it. Its a historical item now.

rusto '89

how rare they are today?,on my one the nozzle wich fits the valve is grinded,i am pretty sure that someone did it to fit euro cans,damn i am happy cuz i found one here in europe :)

Hit up the basement/back room, always try to get in there, that is where they keep the best stuff...

I asked him to check his basement for racks etc. a few months ago and he said he didn't find anything. How hard he looked is anyone's guess. I have my eye on it and I'm not thru poking him and prodding him. Flix later of some odd balls from yesterday.

6387710-holder-2ae5798f6687d111721b3c9b9c148ac2.jpg

6387737-holder-a8c0e6fc075c70ccf60d69db78710e46.jpg

6387746-holder-34c98f0ad83b3f00a21e10561a7e063b.jpg

6387749-holder-1ab9267eb509d8253d0e3bca0e0d1d20.jpg

that's the cap that i used to talk about... also on dot there are some numbers R 1 1 and hole looks so big its 1 mm hole diameter,so someone made bigger hole or?

also can someone find or post old weird cap from Sparvar,cap looks like banana but weird one. Thanks.

How strange for someone never to have seen a comfort tip. I still seem to find them in my painting bag all the time.

need some other euro caps for that caps? i have all montana lvls,also german outlines,for cobra,banana universal and other caps... they are new. Please let me know if you need any for trade,Thanks!

How strange for someone never to have seen a comfort tip. I still seem to find them in my painting bag all the time.

Those comfort tips I believe were a late 80's early 90's thing....I guess some of us are starting to show our age, I thought that was all rusto comes with...

Archived