Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everybody,

My dude is getting married and his wife to be wants to get him a wedding gift he'll actually like and inlisted me to help. She want's to get him a can of Jungle Green Krylon and/or Icy Grape Krylon.

If anyone is willing to part with one or both of these cans please let me know, email beefo@hotmail.com or send me a pm.

Thanks

Hey everybody,

My dude is getting married and his wife to be wants to get him a wedding gift he'll actually like and inlisted me to help. She want's to get him a can of Jungle Green Krylon and/or Icy Grape Krylon.

If anyone is willing to part with one or both of these cans please let me know, email beefo@hotmail.com or send me a pm.

Thanks

If it's a wedding gift then she should get him one of these... HAHAHAH :lol:

can01.jpg

iz_kaves.jpg

I been on here peepin shit for a while and I have a can I aint never seen another of.its called aerojet it is a paperlabel metal pryoff top looks mad old from like the 50s or some shit.I even checked that caps match site and didn't see it.basically I wanna know what its worth cause im tryin to get a new bike or put sum new shit on my jeep.so if yall dudes or dudettes know anything about it holler at me.I don't have anywae to take pics im usin my retarded sidekick so yeah get at me

I been on here peepin shit for a while and I have a can I aint never seen another of.its called aerojet it is a paperlabel metal pryoff top looks mad old from like the 50s or some shit.I even checked that caps match site and didn't see it.basically I wanna know what its worth cause im tryin to get a new bike or put sum new shit on my jeep.so if yall dudes or dudettes know anything about it holler at me.I don't have anywae to take pics im usin my retarded sidekick so yeah get at me

I have at least one can, it's nothing special just another odd ball can.. it's not worth much, $20 MAX if it's a hot color but more then likely you'd have a hard time finding someone to buy it... Good luck...

Was gonna say the same. Think I have one somewhere, could not locate it. Gold label, similar to the jet dri cans I think. You can tell if it is from 50's by the label. If there is a warning on front it is most likely 60's-70's. 50's cans had no warning on front, and would have no 5 digit zip code, instead just a 1-2 digit zip....

bout the only thing you can get for your car with that is some fuzzy dice, or maybe one of those gold crown air freshners...

Im coppin dem fuzzy dice fo sho..thanx yall ill just keep it then its in mad good condition gotb it when I was werkin at this thrift store.got some good shit that dae im not like a collector really just got like 20 I been holdin on to for years some old krylon.rusto.old kmart shit a whole bunch of american accents colors my boy hooked it up with so maybe like 35 cans..wish I had some more old krylon but I aint gettin robbed by some fool that's been collectin for years who got mad duplicates and just wanna fuck another dude over for a little extra dope money

This is a perfect example of a situation where you should never assume a paint store or floor and wall covering store has nothing. I passed this spot 100's of times in the last 5 yrs and never checked. Here's what I pulled today. Stoked. All full.

DSC04207.jpg

This is a perfect example of a situation where you should never assume a paint store or floor and wall covering store has nothing. I passed this spot 100's of times in the last 5 yrs and never checked. Here's what I pulled today. Stoked. All full.

[/size]

DSC04207.jpg

Word!!! Nice V!!!

i should just use montanas for all of my shit but i cant bring myself to just waste it when i have like 1000 aa and pt cans sitting there.

you should mail them to me, we have neither aa or pt over here ;)

is "school bus yellow" an old colour? i acquired 2 old cans of krylon last year and tucked them away. i marvel at them because krylon was never really available here as far as i know so i'm wondering how old they are.

you should mail them to me, we have neither aa or pt over here ;)

is "school bus yellow" an old colour? i acquired 2 old cans of krylon last year and tucked them away. i marvel at them because krylon was never really available here as far as i know so i'm wondering how old they are.

Well, School Bus is a color on the farm implement list, so Krylon will always produce it in one form or another. If you have it in one of the old flatball cans, hang onto it.

I want a can of krylon signed by Johnny Bench, and a can of Rusto signed by Jonathan Winters...

I was gonna make a big can "Johnny Bench Red" and bring it to a card show and have him sign it... I think he would bug out seeing that, LOL

Well, School Bus is a color on the farm implement list, so Krylon will always produce it in one form or another. If you have it in one of the old flatball cans, hang onto it.

19xxk2.jpg

the two that are together are the older cans, school bus yellow and regal blue and the other one is a newish grey one.

for all i know they are just basic cans and worth nothing but its because we dont have them over here i dont know what to look for.

The school bus yellow is good. Do you have a top for it? Even if they're not worth anything to a collector, they're worth something to you. I have a pretty sizable collection of strange foreign cans I've acquired and used over the years. They're worth something to me as a conversation starter.

Everything after the classic flatball style has no value to me because of the horrendous graphic design. The flatball logo was so good, and they somehow managed to make it look hideous with each new label change over the years. I still think the full sized 3D one (that replaced the flatball in 96 or so) was the worst.

Archived