Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P1020235.jpg

P1020236.jpg

P1020237.jpg

P1020238.jpg

P1020239.jpg

Super-succesful digging today.

Went to Paris suburbs to grab some cans via an internet advertisement site, i originally go there to pick the cans of the 4th picture, and the guy found me the Dupli-color box after 10 minutes of asking the same question, again and again: "You got other things in the basement?". I was already happy.

On my way back i walked through the city, and found some dope old-school tags from Paris' finest bombers like Creez 156 or Sero MST. I had three hardware stores' adresses written on a piece of paper, but one was closed for years, and the two others were closed for lunch. I continued my visit of the city, bought a disposable cam, and shoot the 27 poses in 15 minutes! Dope tags...

As i was walking i arrived in front of a store, which really look old, and which was one of my two spots. I immediately smelled the old-school shit in it! A guy who was fixing the outdoor lights told me that the man has old-school cans, and that he would be happy to sell them to me, cause he was closing his store soon. I waited for half an hour, and then the man arrived. We walk in, and he told me to follow him. We went in the backstore, and BOOM! I was shocked! Dozens of Krylons, name on label, dope colors(Hot Pink, Baby Blue, Yellows, Jade, etc.), he asked me which one i wanted, i said "ALL!!!". He told me he had more in the basement, so we went down, and BOOM again, another dozens of Krylons and Beltons...

I had to call a cab in order to get me to the central station, stash was so heavy!

Enjoy the pictures.

Digging fever never stops!

Looking good guys....

Question, who rembers what nudie magazine had a chick on the cover with a can of spray paint? Was it playboy, penthouse or another? Trying to find in my archives and don't see it anywhere....From 80's I believe....

So here's the story. Cleaned up a hill below a "historic" wall spot here today. (D., it's not the chairs spot as that's gone) Went with the intention of picking up scrap empties to take to be recycled, and to keep our water ways clean. I really thought I'd just find some newer cans but to my surprise, cans from the 90's were laying around too. This hill was no fun to traverse even with my painting pole/walking stick. The steep terrain and the full garbage bag I had to carry made for an interesting climb back up. Can anyone say 45 degree angle...? Anyway, these are what I found within about 15 minutes. I have about 1/4 of the area picked up. Will be going back to finish over the coming weeks.

Incidentally, the other day I took 3 garbage cans full of shakers and 2 garbage bags full of empty gallons, quarts and pints with lids to a scrap facility and took home $8.20 in return. I had to drill out all the shakers and while doing one of the last ones, I think my drill sparked because the next thing I knew I was engulfed in a fireball. No major damage, just some burnt arm hair, but I did set a garbage can full of empties on fire at the same time and upon trying to flip the g. can over to smother the fire, about 10 cans got away from me and were rolling all over my street pretending to be flame throwers. it was some experience. Lesson learned though it won't deter me from drilling from now on to recycle. Join me in being a good guy to the environment while making a little $$$ back. Or come and paint my permission wall with me and bring your empties and I'll do it for you.

DSC05115.jpg

Thanks for cleaning up Valdi, it bugs me just the same. I cleaned up below a HOF in the UK back in my hometown also on a crazy slope. Downed the cans and started cleaning after some kids showed up and just hurled the can into the trees. 'The Dell' - Always good fun trying to negotiate the hill on the way to the top!

ewwwww rust killed em... valdi what you gonna do with them??

I'm taking them to a metal scrap facility to be recycled. Thankfully there is one 5 minutes away so once a month or so I will take empties there and get some money back in return.

I'm taking them to a metal scrap facility to be recycled. Thankfully there is one 5 minutes away so once a month or so I will take empties there and get some money back in return.

ah got it now ;) i tought that you take em for your collection lol

metals $240 a TON.... your not getting shit for a few cans...

metals $240 a TON.... your not getting shit for a few cans...

Ehhhhh, wrong. Unseparated metal gets you very little money. When you separate according to type of metal the money is right. I should point out it's not about the money, it's about being responsible with trash. Yeah, so it took 3 garbage cans and 2 garbage bags full of empties to get $8.00. But since I did it for good 'ol mother nature, the money is incidental. Sort of like your ebay listings, you know, how there's no mention of contents or condition. Thanks for your thoughts, though I had to correct them as to not deter others from doing the responsible thing if they so choose.

That plasticote Avocado is the only Avo I've found. Oddly enough it was at a major (well known) closeout spot and the can had no gas in it. They try to sell cans with broken stems in the valves and cans that just plain don't work. Was happy with the find though. And that Imperial Green Utilac I just received thx to drunknucleus. Nice can.

Archived