Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to make a quick buck....a real quick buck....if you sell enough on ebay you will find the more detailed a description you offer the more you will tend to make in the long run, with the exception of rare items. Then you just need to be sure you list correctly....

Thats the same guy who told me "Ill give you 25 bucks, and you ship me your cans to Ohio"

The cans were 68 Brass, 68 bright gold, 68 Bright copper, and 68 of Charcoal Gray i believe.

They didnt sell on ebay, so he hits me up afterward telling me like this in all caps...

You had ZERO bids.

Your cans are NOT that wanted by collectors

Your cans are NOT that full.

Ill give you 25 bucks for all 4, and YOU pay for shipping. (which means in the longrun, im only getting like 6 bucks for the 4 cans in the end) what a joke.

I love how people think its like 5 dollars to send 100 cans to the east coast from california. I sent varivaldi about 50 cans 2 weeks ago, and it costed me 58 bucks. I sent another 40 cans to Chase, and it costed me about 40 bones.

Im pretty much done with ebay, and done getting lowballed or fucked on paint. in the time ive been sending paint ive gotten to see whos who.

So I turn the corner at this house clean out/estate sale/loads of crap type of sale in this old brick warehouse today. The only other time it was ever open was in early 2008. I went at that time and never saw this room. To my surprise it was filled with painting supplies fairly well sorted. Here's what I pulled.

DSC04891.jpg

DSC04899.jpg

DSC04892-1.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

DSC04893.jpg

I like the voyeristic cap design on this Sears can. "Hey man, you can like totally see her red nip, I mean tip thru there." "No way bro..?' "Yeah way bra, totally." "Totally...."

DSC04895.jpg

Some of the color names in case it's not visible.

Krylon Warm Brown

Home Cote Bright Green

Fay's Ends Rust Blue

Color Creations Kelly Green

Krylon Navy

AA might be Rosewood? or Cottage Rose? Anyone anyone? Is this mic on..?

full ones - Lemon Ylw, Spray On Red, Home Cote Bright Green, Sears White, and the 3 other cans in that pic

Other cans have varying from 20-80% of contents. Enjoy.

Thats the same guy who told me "Ill give you 25 bucks, and you ship me your cans to Ohio"

The cans were 68 Brass, 68 bright gold, 68 Bright copper, and 68 of Charcoal Gray i believe.

They didnt sell on ebay, so he hits me up afterward telling me like this in all caps...

You had ZERO bids.

Your cans are NOT that wanted by collectors

Your cans are NOT that full.

Ill give you 25 bucks for all 4, and YOU pay for shipping. (which means in the longrun, im only getting like 6 bucks for the 4 cans in the end) what a joke.

I love how people think its like 5 dollars to send 100 cans to the east coast from california. I sent varivaldi about 50 cans 2 weeks ago, and it costed me 58 bucks. I sent another 40 cans to Chase, and it costed me about 40 bones.

Im pretty much done with ebay, and done getting lowballed or fucked on paint. in the time ive been sending paint ive gotten to see whos who.

I'm sorry man. I read this and was thinking, "damn I bet I know.....". Seems like there's a serious disconnect between older collectors (meaning those who did this years ago) and people who are newer with it. Some people think they can get over on neophyte collectors presuming they don't know anything, and some people also are mostly over paint collecting but still have some stuff and either want too much for what they have, or want cans that are hard to find for basically nothing. Actually those last two characteristics seem to coexist often. And then there's the problem of scumbag graff writers being.... scumbag graff writers. All the more reason why serious paintheads are and should be their own circuit of people. You know enough real collectors at this point OG.

Cool. Yea, maybe i shouldnt of vented like that. but i felt like people should know to be more careful with certain people. Maybe its because im a rookie and dont know too much about the trading and collecting scene these days. Back when i collected paint in the 90s (for a bit) it was more about fun, and using dope colors on freights and walls. Not necessarily about selling or keeping the paint for money down the line. (Dont get me wrong, i sell my cans im not attatched to, today but back then it wasnt)

Now you have to deal with all sorts of individuals. People that collect, people that sell, people that use the paint, people that are jackasses, and people that are cool. Its crazy.

But i appreciate everybody showing me the way. And telling me the ins and outs of this. I dont want to come off like ive been collecting for years. Enough crying, i cant wait to to see what everybody has for summer.

I decided to still dig every day, but im going to post pictures of my digs once a month as compared to every day. More cans, more suprise, and more of keeping all you guys on the edge!!!! LOL.

Its gonna be a good summer.

I'm sorry man. I read this and was thinking, "damn I bet I know.....". Seems like there's a serious disconnect between older collectors (meaning those who did this years ago) and people who are newer with it. Some people think they can get over on neophyte collectors presuming they don't know anything, and some people also are mostly over paint collecting but still have some stuff and either want too much for what they have, or want cans that are hard to find for basically nothing. Actually those last two characteristics seem to coexist often. And then there's the problem of scumbag graff writers being.... scumbag graff writers. All the more reason why serious paintheads are and should be their own circuit of people. You know enough real collectors at this point OG.

Well said....

Just a question too....what's the general term used for the caps like the one on the Home Cote I posted...the green one. I like to call them top hat caps, because they look like a man's top hat, but would like to know what anyone else may already refers to them as.. Thanks.

bought few ny fats (belton made em) and tested em on montana gold,lol they are fat around 1.5 inch...also tested em on new dupli color,same shit just 1.5 inch,and yep wide ridges and indot they are not ny skinny... old ny fats were better then new ones?

I love the graphic on that old Valspar.. "Outta my way bitch.. I'm pouring boiling water on your kitchen table like it or not." Kind of an odd sales approach but I bet he was super popular with the ladies that old dapper gent!

Archived