Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just came back from an estate sale... all bullshit.. but good news is i talked to the lady who puts these together all around my area... she introduced me to the guy who does all of her tools and whatnot.. talked to him abotu older cans and he says "spray paint?!?!? we just throw it out." so he now says he will put them aside for me! chaching!!!

Valspar is an extremely old company, and also one that has built themselves on a lot of horizontal growth over the past 50+ years. Like Krylon, they established a clear varnish and made their name on it, but easily 50 years prior to Krylon. I'd like to see what the oldest Valspar cans people have found are. Reading the company history, it would seem likely that they made paint in canisters just like the earliest Krylon. Any Valspar grenades or canisters?

Nothing great. Will probably just use and recycle the cans. No more throwing cans in the trash for me. Taking all to the metal scrap yard in exchange for probably 30 cents. Either way, save the earth, make some change.

Guessing the gold top on that Dutch Boy is probably one for the Murphy's Mart. Missed that.

DSC05055.jpg

^^^

Chevy Blue was on Chevy engine blocks on the blue flame in 1950. Usually Ford engine blocks are blue and Chevy's are orange. That's super rare as far as automotive paint goes. Hang on to that!

Unfortunately that's not true. They used the blue over the years on certain motors, in fact in some years one engine size would be blue and other engine sizes would be orange. They also used black, green, red and even gray and yellow in some of their early engines. In the mid 70's to mid 80's most of their engines were blue... It's really not as rare as you think, you can even find new cans of it...

I know on the 75 Vettes they we're using blue, but what I meant was that it being a 1962 Blue can, is pretty rare, or at least I thought so. Obviously they have the new cans now a days... There are so many engine combo's with Chevy's but as far as I knew they didn't have blue engine blocks till 1950 and I think they went till 1955, with the "Blue Flame". Either way i'm probably wrong, when it comes to vintage Chevy, I'm a Ford guy.... :) To have a 62 Chevy Engine Blue can, is pretty cool if not for collectability either way, I'm just wondering if it was for guys restoring the blue flame motors back in 62? Where's TOTEM when you need an old school Chevy guy?

I have a Lincoln but ive always been a chevy guy, heres a couple chevys we built from our area. (Dont worry i wont turn this into a car topic) This is just to show everybody you can use your talent in other aspects of life too, not just painting canvasses and making money that way. Graffiti give you more than that..

l_fd38297b20db4fc378ecff32d2c12919.jpg

l_76ca197070206f9e7ae3d18231362309.jpg

The chrome for my Regal i built... (Even the fly wheels chrome youll never see it!)

CHROME2.jpg

The custom Emblems i had made for my Lincoln Towncar...

44570503.jpg

Video Shoot we did with Vida Guerra On "Livin the Low Life"

video098.jpg

video099.jpg

video073.jpg

You think the guy in the rear view mirror is looking at her ass like I am? :lol:

lol man i took so many pics of her that day. i know why she has an ass like she does, she sat with me and the camera guy at the picnic table and ate about 20 baby back ribs. talkin about puerto rican food the whole time.

Heres a couple more pics of when she caught me slippin. lol. Thats her white range rover.

video044.jpg

video041.jpg

video070.jpg

Open up that mouth a little wider honey.. LOL

video047.jpg

Archived