What ever happened to...

Jewish Task Force

Originally posted by FACELIFT

JEWISH TASK FORCE JUST SOUNDS LIKE SOME OLD-ASS NEW YORK TRAIN WRITER WHOSE IDEA OF "BOMBING" WAS TO BRING TWO PIZZA PIES AND A CASE OF BEER TO A LAY-UP YARD IN THE BRONX AND PAINT FOR SEVEN HOURS, WHO NOW CALLS GRAFFITI "PLAYED OUT, EASY, AND SOFT."

I'M SURE I'M NOT ANY YOUNGER THAN JEWISH TASK FORCE, I OBVIOUSLY THINK GRAFF IS PATHETICALLY MORE ACCESSIBLE, BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT.

DON'T GET BITTER AND STANK, WHINING BECAUSE YOUR ROMANTICALLY IDEALIZED "SACRED" AND "UNDERGROUND" PASSION IS NOW A CORPORATE MARKETING STRATEGY IT'S A REALITY.

PLUS, IF YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY MADE THE SEX A COUPLE YEARS LATER, YOU WOULD BE THE SAME FUCKING TOY THAT YOU'RE SO IRATE ABOUT. DEFINETLY, SO DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF.

Its Amazing how stupid you are.

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i havent been doin graf for nearly as long as most of the cats talkin in this thread, but i personally feel the internet and most new graf media as an inspiration to go write, like a skater would watch a skate video to get him pumped for skating. i dont use the internet as a how to, or read the 12 oz threads so i can find things out i couldnt find out on my own. i think the new age of graf is one where writers can unite and share ideas, not hate or find quick and easy 'graffiti writer tutorials'. and since i dont really know many other people near me that write, if i didnt have the internet or magazines i would have no idea what kind of styles are going on around the world. however i do agree that the mailorder graf shops take things a bit too far. thats my piece

I came here because I like looking at peoples flicks and they're here in abundance... If the board has taught me anything its not to become an elitist prick who yells "TOY" at everyone who has the balls to post shit here... if I wanted to do that I'd become an upper class art snob. :twitch:

• 2 weeks later...

basically, someone can tell you how good/bad a certain brand/color of paint is, or how permanent a certain ink is, but until you see for yourself you'll never know completely. this thread is an inspiration for me... not just what JTW said, but as a whole. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

What ever happened to finding shit out on your own? When I first started writing there was no internet, there were no magaiznes, there were no mailorder or walk in shops for graff shit. I mean, I had more fun trying new pens, inks, paints, etc. than actually doing the graff. now you have all these kids coming on here and asking questions, ordering pre packaged graffiti shit, reading mags(no disrespect to mags), and reading books(no diss either). I didnt find out about any books or videos until I had been writing for about 5 years. Its great that kids are getting into graff because of these things, dont get me wrong, but I mean cmon, find out about shit on yur own, please. It just makes you love and appreciate graffiti just that much more. Just dont ask dumb questions, if you are wondering how something works or how to make something, try it. Hey, who knows, in the process you might learn something new. It seems like that integral part of graffiti is going away.

On a side note: If you have all the best markers, paints, caps, inks, etc. It doesnt make you a better writer. You cant buy skill. You still have to put in work and do graffiti. That is the only thing that will make you better. Dedication, time, skill and a love for what you are doing.

i havent been writing nearly as long as anyone. however, i agree with you 100%... but there is also another side to argu

if people learn on their own, they might learn the wrong way creating spots that get heated out and beef between writers... but you could also say thats one more thing to learn. shits tough, no real chill spots around my area unless you want to hang out behind a building and fuck around.. but thats no way to get up, all i want to do is hardcore stuff, i just cant find the spots or i can find them but cant get to them... i geuss ill just have to LEARN ON MY OWN and find out how to get up on roofs, and other shit ay?... im glad you posted this thread, it along with everyones replies, totally makes me want to say fuck asking for feedback, and fuck what people htink... who needs to impress other people anyways? fuck those people who do shit for other people...

DO SHIT FOR YOURSELF YOU LONELY ASSHOLES!

;o) i am dedicated... i just need my liscence, then everything will be a-okay..

i think that this board exists for informative purposes....therefore, the point is moot, as far as i'm concerned. i will share tips with people but i generally keep the good stuff to myself. sorry kids, but that's life.

Yo, im young and a rookie, and probably guilty of some of the shit you guys are talkin about, but mostly I agree. Some kids just wanna look bad, like with cigarettes and rich kids shopliffting. Hell, at my school it was at one point COOL to have a tag, and no one used them. That pissed me and the only other two writters off, no doubt. Kids these days need to focus the paint they use on creating art and messages, not just bad boy immage. Can we get away from these gun toting messages scrawled on walls with no handstyle, please? how bout something more deep if your just gonna put up handstyle, and some pieces, please please please pieces, and good ones. Make those rooftops beautiful. I have to admit though, internet is nice in places where graffiti isnt prevolant. It makes it easier to get good paint and caps (there is only like one store in DC that sells caps, although i do make my own). Anyway, you guys are the vets, so i just thought id give you props and stuff....and dont worry, ive never said 'graffin'

Peace

personally, i think it's cute when kids start writing and they say things like, "what's a fat cap?" and "look at my new magnum! isn't it fresh?" but, it's sad when the kids are in their late twenties and still trying to catch up online. har-de-har-har-har.

ok heres my theory.... i am guilty for alot of shit that yall are sayin.... but... after readin all this i got some sense slapped in to me... im not one of those people who just mess around and tag on other peoples art work just for fun, and i dont think it should go commericial , actually i kinda agree with jtf ..... but its ok to come here once in a while just to get tips.. but shit go research it on your own its ok to do it on the internet but atleast research and read or read books about it if u dont have a friend whos a writer to kinda guide you..... but dont just ask everything u want to know to experienced writers on this forum and get the easy way out.. thats not life ... thats not hip hop man.... im a beginer in this game call me a toy if u want.. but i still have love for this .... im constantly thinkin of what are good walls to bomb and constantly always doodle on all my fuckin school work kill like 10 sheets of paper with just bunch of tags or practice to get better within like 5 minutes.... i love this shit.... i know society says its vandalism but its a expression.... and its a statement .... society is fucked up... just like how they let a fucking huge ass camel ciggareten billboard sign for the whole world to see that kills 50 people an hour [literally] but they cant accept this pure art with a statement or a story .... and i know this ... i knowe the main point of graff to get recognizition but for me its to make a statement ...... but anyways all im sayin is that... u should at least read about it not just ask peole and get right away answers/... thats aight once in a while but research and read if u dont have any writer freinds... thats my opinion on all this

Well My theory,

I'm writing now for 3 a 4 months and it's for me like a addiction to making nice things always to get higher and have nice scketzes and My first time going out with can, could be this day.

Well this is my first post, I had to say keep up the good work :)

Originally posted by theta

well i havent been doin graf for nearly as long as most of the cats talkin in this thread, but i personally feel the internet and most new graf media as an inspiration to go write, like a skater would watch a skate video to get him pumped for skating. i dont use the internet as a how to, or read the 12 oz threads so i can find things out i couldnt find out on my own. i think the new age of graf is one where writers can unite and share ideas, not hate or find quick and easy 'graffiti writer tutorials'. and since i dont really know many other people near me that write, if i didnt have the internet or magazines i would have no idea what kind of styles are going on around the world. however i do agree that the mailorder graf shops take things a bit too far. thats my piece

Word.:lick:

• 2 months later...

tell me if you know this guy:

i only paint freights ..moniker this, streaks that..ive done like tons of trains..rare boxcar this.rail fan that..fuck walls..throw ups suck..then he name drops some other freight guys he knows..style he is into..and vibes you hard with his mesh hat..then takes his of mexican decent tape and puts on some slayer..

maybe you know his friend:

fuck trains..you cant tag, rack paint this, i only do throw ups..fuck hip hop..name drop some hardcore dudes he met..i cant read your shit you suck..you bite this..im so hard with my spike belt..my heads so big fuck you ive been writing for like a year before you started..my hoods so hard..and hip..pbr beltbuckle motherfucker..

mother fuckers are the same everywhere i go..i just laugh

• 2 weeks later...

BACK IN THE DAZE...

I'VE BEEN WRITING SINCE 1984 AND ALL I EVER HAD WAS RIVALRY AND ENEMIES WHICH WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME CUZ WITHOUT THEM,I WOULD JUST GIVE IT UP ALTOGETHER I REMEMBER RACKING A SHITLOAD OF CANS,STEALING TESTOR CAPS FOR SKINNY LINES,IT'S LIKE WHATEVER IT WAS,I HAD TO LEARN ON MY OWN.OF COURSE EVERYBODY BITES,BUT NOWADAYS IT SEEMS LIKE TOYS WANT TO STEAL A WHOLE STYLE.DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I'LL BE IN THE GAME...I CONTINUE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS BEST TO MY KNOWLEDGE.I GUESS IT'S COOL TO SAY THAT I WANT TO BE REMEBERED CUZ YOU GOOD AS DEAD WHEN THEY DON'T.BE ORIGINAL,FIND YOUR OWN STYLE AND DO IT WELL...PEACE

:lick: ok so the way I see it is..... if you want to draw cartoons you study cartoons you talk to people who draw characters you get in to that. right so its just like if you were in school. right now im getting in to psychokinesis its like that matrix shit where that kid bends the spoon , well anyways you get in to things you talk to people and find out in anyway possible. so I think its cool that the internets there in case you really need to know something and no one around you seems to know about psychokinesis. but jew I agree that some people take it a little too far. unless you live in a hole or something im sure you know where to find paint. "surroundings are gonna dictate the need" ATMOSPHERE

time keeps on slipping by..back when it was cool to wear shorts that had your ballsack hanging out the leg hole..velcro shoes and ol school skates that weigh like 15 pounds.. but the youngsters these days have a lot of shittiness that wasnt around before like mad guns and newer crazier drugs..its cool to get into the graf if you stay into it..i agree alot of chumps write for like a month..blame the media moguls for selling graf and hiphop like it was air and we all need air..fuck the corprization of graf

word iz bond

yo all yall have points but we all are kids crank in a world were war iz a large we have the tools to exspress we are talking climbing gear to go any were internet to change the speed of our large world claberation so inside this iz learning to old school pas the knowlege take respons bode has no boundries follow our general master dondi and schoolda kids couse they will teach us.....yall are dope the comments are sweet here::

• 2 weeks later...

Re: word iz bond

Originally posted by girl23

yo all yall have points but we all are kids crank in a world were war iz a large we have the tools to exspress we are talking climbing gear to go any were internet to change the speed of our large world claberation so inside this iz learning to old school pas the knowlege take respons bode has no boundries follow our general master dondi and schoolda kids couse they will teach us.....yall are dope the comments are sweet here::

Ever heard of a full stop or a comma?

That post made fuck all sense to me.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

face it people - times are changing - accept the fact that kids these days are learning a whole new way... yes, many, and i mean MANY, will bite, many will fall off quicker than they got on, but then there are those few that stick, go thru the whole process of learning graffiti, and come back full circle... damn i wish work was over already!!

Archived