Who doesn't like freights?

THEMISHE

freights are amazing....i dont get why you would diss freights.......the only reason i can think up is because you dont like the ridges, doors. etc....people will shoot me for this but i think its more skill if the same peice is done on train than on a wall....but thats my opinion...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shit...im just tryin to make a point..

in my area, there are only a handful of writers, and bombing is fairly pointless......thats why freights are my choice. if i lived in philly, id probably bomb a lot more than i do now.

fuck, if i lived in philly, id also skate a lot more too....i wish id been able to go this weekend.

to each is their own....

i dont understand how you can knock a certain facet of graffiti....some of the aspects of the "freight scene" are ridiculous (kids feighning intrest in who merged with so and so in the 1940s to form train company inc., all for the sake of being more down than the next freight kid for example) but you cant knock the entire movement. like chozer said, for a lot of kids who live in towns with small scenes bombing is pointless....aside from the occasional personal satisfaction mission there is really no reason to go out and do that. why bust my ass to put my name up for the sake of a pidly ass local graffiti scene when i could go do 10 trains and know that the majority of them would end up in a major city at some point or another. its not about being pussy, its about using what you have wisley......

Originally posted by boogie hands

to each is their own....

i dont understand how you can knock a certain facet of graffiti....some of the aspects of the "freight scene" are ridiculous (kids feighning intrest in who merged with so and so in the 1940s to form train company inc., all for the sake of being more down than the next freight kid for example) but you cant knock the entire movement. like chozer said, for a lot of kids who live in towns with small scenes bombing is pointless....aside from the occasional personal satisfaction mission there is really no reason to go out and do that. why bust my ass to put my name up for the sake of a pidly ass local graffiti scene when i could go do 10 trains and know that the majority of them would end up in a major city at some point or another. its not about being pussy, its about using what you have wisley......

which, if you read what i wrote, is all gravy...its just thats NOT graff....graff started in cities...the fact that you all wanna do some urban thing out in the stix is not my problem. when you say "why bust my ass to put my name up..." it makes me laugh out loud. WHY? BECAUSE THATS A GRAFFITI WRITER. why should i respect your lazy ass safe fr8 graff when it rolls thruough here, when i know, AS YOU JUST TOLD ME, that you dont bust your ass for rep like everyone else, you just "use what you have wisely".....?well, great , grand, as i said 4 times at least already, that makes you a FR8 WRITER, not a graff WRITER...and i wish all you guys would just go start a big circle jerk with all the 50 year old railfans who share your love. the fact that you think its a waste of time to get up in your town proves my point. youre trying to force a culture into somewhere it wasnt meant to be, and then yelling at people like me when we dont follow your "tiptoe around protecting the train culture" garbage. its a simple point...i CLEARLY never dissed fr8s...im dissing FR8 WRITERS. like onorok, my old partner, he KILLS fr8s, but hes not some fr8 writer.....he kills streets too. so i respect him. but these kids from the boondox, telling ME to not go over load limits? man, eat a dick. your graff aint gonna run forever...stop being lazy.

Originally posted by cheerleader

but these kids from the boondox, telling ME to not go over load limits? man, eat a dick. your graff aint gonna run forever...stop being lazy.

why not take your own advice, stop being lazy and just go around them. and your thing about them not running forever. if a freight writer came to philly and went over some really old shit, the whole city would want to kill them. could they use your excuse of, "well its not gonna run forever."

i could also see nyc subway writers calling people who did streets instead of subways, "not real writers" because the subways wouldn't run.

who cares, how about everyone does there thing and everyone leaves everyone else alone.

ya know..to each his own but boogie and another person (i forgot who) are in the same situation I am in..My city doesn't have a huge bombing culture and I don't care to chance getting arrested just to get into a pissing contest with a just a few people. I do hit the occaisional wall, and I am sure if i lived in a larger city with a larger scene I would bomb ALOT more. yes, I am lazy, I guess that makes me freight writer. If bombing is your thing thats cool, go bomb the fuck out of your city and be the king of it. Its just not my thing. I honestly don't understand though why you feel the need to get shit swirling over an argument that is pointless and only going to be correct depending on which side of the line your standing. You're not going to turn a freight painter into a bomber and I don't think i could turn a bomber into a freight nerd such as myself.

As with the whole thing about being ralfan train nerds, I have been into trains since I was 10. I have family that works for the railrod companies and I have been around and educated about that stuff for a long time and after a while I started to pick up on it. After I started writing and I met other people that were into freights that was a common ground of things I coul talk about with them....but just because I don't like cotage cheese I'm not going to say that its pure shit. Just like how I don't see why because you would rather bomb than hit a freight, you would say freights are shit too.

I need more ibuprofin to get rid of this hangover...fuck

not that I really care for either side of this argument, but I have a problem with the point of saying its pointless to bomb when you have a small graffiti scene in your area. To me, thats a load of crap. The point of bombing(in my opinion) is to force your art/vandalism/whatever into the view of the PUBLIC, not so you can get jocked by the other writers around you. Personally, I'd rather see kids bombing in odd spots that have no graff period, than in cities that have lots of graf. Who knows, what if you're the only writer in the area, but the work you put in in the streets gets peoples attention, and then they want to start writing? bam, you could have a huge scene on your hands.

well rounded people, well rounded.

Originally posted by onesandzeros

not that I really care for either side of this argument, but I have a problem with the point of saying its pointless to bomb when you have a small graffiti scene in your area. To me, thats a load of crap. The point of bombing(in my opinion) is to force your art/vandalism/whatever into the view of the PUBLIC, not so you can get jocked by the other writers around you. Personally, I'd rather see kids bombing in odd spots that have no graff period, than in cities that have lots of graf. Who knows, what if you're the only writer in the area, but the work you put in in the streets gets peoples attention, and then they want to start writing? bam, you could have a huge scene on your hands.

the public doesn't give a fuck about your graffiti. its a minor blip in their lives at most. and if your the only person bombing your city, its probably going to get buffed rather fast because its easy for the buff to keep up with you. your also gonna be #1 on the police's list. you do have a point about getting other kids to notice and start a scene though.

Originally posted by onesandzeros

what if you get caught? then what?

time to quit?

just do what you do and have fun.

Freights, scrap metal, they have no context, they're no fun. I have a yard in my backyard, check it out. They're alright, I do like to paint, but it's not the same at all. Trucks, trucks are the shit, you learn their route and shit, and shit.

ok, same deal as other guy here...you have obviously become a FR8 writer, not a writer that paints fr8s...this is evidenced by your first paragraph, which i deleted for relevance, saying how burnt out you are on real graff.

here's where your logic fails in regards to the numbers/blowing spots shit. im not gonna contradict your railfan trivia knowledge. id bet money that ive painted at least as many fr8s as you if not more....and ive spent years painting spots. ive never intentionally gone over numbers, but sometimes, like with e2es or whole cars or even just lack of good spots on boxcars, ive had to. thats years of doing that, and in at least 2-3 major metropolitan areas. now, not once has the sherlock holmes scenario you all cry about ever happened. heat on our yards comes froms bombing the spot or leaving tons of cans around. i already said i dont do that. but going over numbers is pushing it too far in my opinion. this is the slippery slope of FR8 logic that i hate... where does it end? i mean, yeah, i we all only did our fillins or tags in back alleys theyd never get buffed, blahblahblah...ITS FUCKING GRAFFITI!!!! its not railfanning!! i dont GIVE A FUCKING FUCK about some railfan shit. for real. instead of coming up with all this urban lore about why not to cover # and load limits, just admit the truth...like all FR8 heads who give up on the rest of the culture (as your first paragraph alluded to) you are becoming a railfan, not a graff writer. since when is graff about not stepping on toes? you think private businesses or homeowners want graff on their rooftops or walls? you think taxpayers collectively want graff on higways or transit or tunnels? no...and the fuckin fr8 comapnies dont want graff on their shit either. if you paint a clean train, itll get buffed. it you paint a hot ass street corner, itll get buffed. its the fucking nature of the sport. its only fr8 railfans that whine about wanting your shit to run for like 20 years. man....yawning like a muhterfucker. i prolly have upwards of 4-500 trains and i really dont care about them. if they get stamped or buffed whatever. not one of them was anywhere as ill as all my rooftops or streetspots. and some of my hottest streeet shit lasted 2 days...and i clocked more rep off that then this piece of shit chunk of metal rolling through some cornfield waiting for you yall to flick (or not flick) it. and NO fr8, not even the chase story fr8s were ever as ill as trying to do fillins on the fucking street or climb past peoples fucking bedroom windows on some creaky ass catwalks in the summer with windows open. so when i rack paint, and apply it to a fr8, i see it as practice at best. if you catch it cool, but if not, whatever. but ill be damned if some kids from idaho are mad at ME cause you want your shit to roll around for 20 years. if yall wanna tiptoe around the fr8 companies and be all on their dick, be my guest...but dont ask me to. im not fucking up your shit any worse than any aspect of graff is destructive. i do the minimum, like at a clean train spot, to not leave evidence that i was there. but getting all conspiracy theory about shit and tracing it back to where it got painted...man weve had layups where EVERY fucking car got painted every night for a year straight practically by ONOROK and the rest of our posse... me MBER and NECS killed s.philly for 4 months straight every night almost and not once did your fr8 gestapo ever even peek their noses. ive had more trouble with hoodrats getting into spots than fucking bulls. sheesh. maybe its cause some of you live in the boondox or whatever, but thats my fuckin fault that youre trying to practice an urban artform in the fuckin stix!!! YOURE the ones trying to do that out there, not vice versa! i wouldnt try bombing in some cul-de-sac white ass hood, and if i did, i wouldnt try to force my tip-toe getover tactics on big city writers. its pretty simple. i love GRAFFITI, including good graff on fr8s. thats the bottom line. FR8 writers however, who are either bad sheep railfans, boondock kids, or shook ass writers...they can eat a dick. if theres not enough room, im goin over the fuckin load limits like a mutherfucker. stamp away...its a waste of good racked paint anyway.

i totally agree with you on a lot you said.i come to the bench and what do i see...20 new fr8 posts and no bombing.this is sad.i love fr8s, and where i'm from it's discouraging to bomb but i still try sometimes.i mean you can't totally forget about that aspect.all these kids don't even take flicks of their city streets any more.those are the ones that get buffed.i distinguish myself from fr8 writers for that reason.i don't understand how you can totally seclude yourself from bombing.the original way graffiti started in the early days.you had a good point with fr8 writers and writers that paint fr8s.there is a difference.i am a writer, and i feel the graffiti that originated in new york is where i belong to.i leave the streaking to the hobos and workers.that has nothing to do with what i'm doing.i respect it, but i don't go apeshit over a streak.some of you see streaks as more highly than a burner.i feel i'm always the only one thinking that way.

go do some bombing.it'll bring some memories to some of you when you first started...of course some of you "fr8heads"probably never experienced it.

i guess i can also step up to the plate and say freights dont do shit for me. there are a very small number of people that do freights and do them tight. but i think its also because they are writers. they paint walls too. everytime i go to the bench i have to weed through the mountains and mountains of freight posts. the freight writers are just chompin away at the few that are doing it right and we now have tons of the same shit. shit that looks like it took the writer 2 hours tops. boring. i figure that if people have enough time to walk around and bench why not fucking paint? why aren't there more whole cars in freight painting? i dont know the average time a freight stays in everyone's layup but i'm sure that somewhere they are sitting there for at least 24 hours. put some fucking work into it or just bomb. people plead the case that my name gets up across america. yeah so? who the hell wants billy idaho on his nuts? i'm not pissing on freight writers toes or anything. its an aspect of graff. no problem. if i had a freight yard near my house maybe i'd appreciate freights a little more. i agree that everyone should be a well rounded writer. bombing, piecing, legals, freights, and internet thugs. but what i gather through this site is that alot of the people that come here are making freights out to be the next level of graff. with benchers becoming like the baseball card collectors of the future.

freights to me growing up was something that i would look at from the highway during rush hour and the people that were doing them were doing them right. complete eye catchers, huge 4 or 5 colors, e2e from various crews, huge simple letter whole cars. i liked them then. now? its something to be desired. i guess with any youth culture theres going to be ups and downs. anyone that skateboards knows what i'm talking about. theres no skaters for like 5 years in your city and then it starts getting popular and then you start seeing little skaters with helmets skating at your spots. the trend gets really popular and you go from loser status to cool status. but with every trend it dies down and the posers quit skating and go to rollerblading or some shit. right now there are just too many freight painters and not enough writers. once it dies down the hardcore writers that paint trains will again stick out.

heres a site for people to post their work, their crews work, or atleast their city's work and what do we get? a bunch of 17 year olds posting pics of their favorite writers that they caught that day. oh wow jimmy nice catch. i'll trade you for onoroks 1996 rookie flick for that unstamped flick of blahhhh... how about more painting and less benching. "how can you call people that hang out and watch trains writers man?"

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

why not take your own advice, stop being lazy and just go around them. and your thing about them not running forever. if a freight writer came to philly and went over some really old shit, the whole city would want to kill them. could they use your excuse of, "well its not gonna run forever."

i could also see nyc subway writers calling people who did streets instead of subways, "not real writers" because the subways wouldn't run.

who cares, how about everyone does there thing and everyone leaves everyone else alone.

that makes no sense...like almost every person that engages me in an argument, you just blaze full speed ahead without READING what i wrote. this is why half you guys suck at arguing, your repeating things that have been dealt with. go scroll back and read. i said: if i show up to a boxcar that has tons of room, i have never ever TRIED to go over #s or load limits. ill paint the bar panel or squeeze between the door and the #s if need be. HOWEVER, when theres 4 or 5 writers going to do an end 2 end, or im doing a whole car, or theres only one or two cars in a layup with nowhere else to pant, IM GOING OVER THE LIMITS AND THE NUMBERS. thats what i said, and so your response about trying to throw the laziness comment back in my face makes no sense. why should i bother engaging you guys if you dont even take the time to think about your responses.

and as for your comment from onorok, i dont know where you got that or why youre trying to throw that in my face, but if you like ill show you at least 30 or 40 onoroks ii have that are over the #s. so dont even go there.

and for the whole philly/nyc subway analogy, i mean, its such a poor analogy i feel lame even getting into it, but for your sake, ill try. you are saying that a fr8 writer comes to philly, and theres a piece of graff thats been there since 1980. and said fr8 writer goes over it for no reason. yes, he would get fucked up probably. how that is in any way comparable to my OWN piece getting stamped cause i dont dickride fr8 companies like a railfan, i do NOT know. for your analogy to work, it would go like this:

you go to a wall on a street corner, and theres a window on the wall. if you paint under the window, theyll probably ignore the graff and itll run. so most people paint under the window. however, when theres no room left and you gotta go over that window, you do. and yeah, maybe the wall gets buffed, but tough luck, thats graff. what you all are saying is that you should "respect" the building owner by not ever going over the window....like the shit UNDER the window is somehow okay. youre all still writing on their train property, your just being pussies about getting your precious shit buffed. pick a side. if your a railfan, dont write on their shit at all. if your a graffiti writer, write when and where you need to and cope with the fact that it might get buffed tomorrrow.

thats the best i can make out of your wierd analogy, having read it like 3 times now. just do your little railfanning, and ill do my shit. just stop whining about your goddamn load limits and stop dickriding railcompanies.

Originally posted by cleansheets

john easley.

waterbed lou.

d-kid

michael d.

In my honest opinion----stay off the trains until you have at least 5 years painting under your belt and we will all be happy.

cheerleader- got some good points.

ain't no love in the heart of the city...

yeah, the funny thing is i LOVE fr8 graff, and prolly have like 400-500 running...i just dont like being condescended to by kids from the stix who write for a year and all of a sudden are telling me what to do. its ridiculous. peace to all real writers, fr8 lovers included. railfans? eat a dick. go dickride the bulls.

Guest catwash
Originally posted by ASER1NE

i know much of you do , but im not so hot on euro passenger fr8s......

whats a passenger frieght? and why do you think Euro's have them? I've lived Europe all my life and never heard of one. People travelling in freights? what??

ok, i dont remember ever belittling or talking down to you cause you went over the numbers cheerleader, and if it felt like i did to you then my bad...

my whole feeling is do what you like not because youre being a rebel, or saying fuck you to everyone, but to just do what you like. i like to avoid the numbers when possible....thats my deal. respect my opinion i respect yours. i like to bomb, but i dont like to bomb my area. at least not too often. ive torn this area up in the past, and it hasnt done a whole lot of good. ive been up to philly and bombed with kidism...and hung out with sew and enem when they did the jungle wall.....the point? they just do what they love. they paint. ill paint anything...ill bomb when i feel like it, ill paint walls when i like...but i prefer freights, its just more reasonable in my area. why you hate on kids that just paint freights is because you dont understand where they are coming from, i guess....

dowhatchulike!

you go to a wall on a street corner, and theres a window on the wall. if you paint under the window, theyll probably ignore the graff and itll run. so most people paint under the window. however, when theres no room left and you gotta go over that window, you do. and yeah, maybe the wall gets buffed, but tough luck, thats graff. what you all are saying is that you should "respect" the building owner by not ever going over the window....like the shit UNDER the window is somehow okay. youre all still writing on their train property, your just being pussies about getting your precious shit buffed. pick a side. if your a railfan, dont write on their shit at all. if your a graffiti writer, write when and where you need to and cope with the fact that it might get buffed tomorrrow.

thats a very good point you make there!!

Archived