Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WHERE SHOULD I GET A JOB???

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MOE-LESTER, May 13, 2006.

1. MOE-LESTER

MOE-LESTER Banned

i got fired last week, so i gotta find a new yob. my main candidates are OSH, Home depot, and tyring to get a job at a car dealership. i can also get a job at radio shack because a homie is the manager there.

any fucking ideas? i dont to desk shit, i like physical work. i got experiance in construction, janitorial, mostly physical manual labor, but i want something a little more civilized than that

hows home depot, someone on here was saying its a shitty yob. why?

2. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

3. how how are are you you

how how are are you you Member

ok, now comes the part where everyone trys to be funny and tells you to get a ridiculously stupid random job....

4. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Dirty Dozen Crew

like an elephant trainer

5. Dog Chapman

Dog Chapman Dirty Dozen Crew

googler oner usually has some sweet job offers

6. midget tossing is where the plata is @

7. AllTheWrongWords

AllTheWrongWords Veteran Member

Ive heard good things about Home Depot and Lowes

8. Dog Chapman

Dog Chapman Dirty Dozen Crew

Ikea pays good. A girl I know works there and makes $21 an hour as a cashier

9. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

cock gobbler...?

or just go to school and get a career

10. Shower Face

Shower Face New Jack

Job Centre. Benefit. Do some wheelin & dealin until you sort tings out.

11. Deptronik

Deptronik Member

Check for "Outgoing Warehouse" positions. basically you help offload, check-in, take inventory, and 'pull orders' for fork lift drivers. damn good pay, upto 20+ an hour if its for the right company. not THAT much heavy lifting, usually just tearing down shrink wrapped items to take count *inventory* 'pull orders' means getting a pallet jack, and just pushing/pulling it to the outgoing center and what not. its physicall, manual labor. but not excessively stressfull/beating. but you do get a work out and the pays great. plus its usually with all other dock heads, so if you smoke, bring two packs, no one gives a fuck.

12. --->

---> Banned

As long as you know zero about anything to do with anything sold there you should be a shoe-in. But due to your construction experience I doubt you'll be hired.

13. --->

---> Banned

I highly doubt this.

14. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

Ikea does pay well(I dunno how well but it could be $20ishes) but getting a job there isn't easy, especially when you just got terminated as they do several background checks on references.
    Get a job as a graffiti removal buffer- they pay good, its manual labour, and you get to see different graffiti every week because you're laying down the new coat.
    :smiles:

15. modifly

modifly Banned

do what geezpot says and get knuckled down. Everybody does a background check these days it seem.
    Heres a thought. Get a job cutting hair in a salon with lots of hoes and fuck all they friend. Go to inovage.com.
    People i work for got offices all over. Its dirrect sales. They teach you how to sell, consign you the merchandise and you get paid every day. Not for everybody... you got to have thick skin.... Or do it yourself. Go to the dollar store or something buy a bunch of cheap shit and flip it on the streets. Pack up a duffelbag.... If you decide on this shit get at me and ill school you on the pitch.
    I sold a bag of rocks on the street for five dollars. not crack. Im talking about the rocks you find on the ground. I was just able to impules someone enough to give me 5 dollars without seeing what they was buying. I told them it was my "special deal"

Last edited: May 14, 2006