Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how many REAL writers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Jucerock, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Jucerock

Jucerock Junior Member

I wanted to bust sort of a poll type thing. The question is, even if you get up, are u a real writer if you dont rack? Personally, to me, if you dont rack your cans youre a straight up poser. Point blank, to me you have to rack to be real. Just wanted to get some thoughts.:king:

2. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

yeah...thats fuckin' poser yo...

3. cool ra-ul

cool ra-ul New Jack

a real writer doesnt give a shit about image and paints cuz they want to..........................jive turkey

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

"Keep it Real, yo!"

5. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

ahha where did the all the "yo's" come from

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Were just Keeping it real knamean?

7. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

Being real has nothing to do with how you get your paint or whatever. Being "REAL" is dedicating many sleepless nights to make that piece/bomb/whatever come out dope. of course this may not apply to any of you but it's my opinion... ehh... :D

8. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

glad to hear you're now making the rules. step to the back of the bus please...

9. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i tried to think about this....

if you rack,you're just a thief..
    if you carry a pen in your pocket and start to panic when you lose your scriber,thats a real writer to me...i carry two different sized pens on me always..i scribe on airplanes and hit my crew up in every bathroom..i'll even sneek to the ladies restroom to get up...

if you take long greyhound trips just to get up in another area,if you are willing to miss a flight from sanfran to sandeigo just to hit up some trains and toke on a blunt...you are a real writer in my book..

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if you paint beacause you have to....

11. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan Senior Member

know what um sayin son! keep it real son!

i havent racked any paint since i was in high school (over 10 years ago).
    bad enough im still writing, but racking, getting busted for that could get in the way of painting. sorry i cant be cool enough to rack paint anymore. i wish i was though.

12. In the ideal situation, graffiti should be entirely free...But as you get older, priorties change...I use to shoplift all the time at a younger age, Im willing to get busted for graffiti, not for shoplifting...Just me...Many, Many, would disagree...Simple as that...Many old school NYC heads would certainly disagree...If I had the old shoplifter in me, id do it...But I dont...Ah, oh well ya know....

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

some people have more to lose than you dude. some people also have higher priorities than "getting up," as well...bah.

14. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

i rack my shit because im poor as fuck and i wouldent spend my money on shit i dispose of within 24 hours. paying for paint is like paying for cigarettes. you're just burning your money.

15. that comment reaches a faggotude of 32 of 10 on the fagometer.