Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Going straight edge?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ASK, Oct 19, 2001.

1. ASK

ASK Junior Member

any body have any advice for a good kid wannabe living in a world of alcoholics? God help me.

2. beardo

beardo Guest

dont hang out with them anymore. out of sight out of mind.

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

It's almost impossible to live without some form of addiction or vice,
    (as that's the human condition and is trenscended by only the zen masters)

Find something less destructive (like art?) to fill your time.

Learn that vice is like spice...
    Pepper doesn't make the steak.
    Got that?

4. graffitiSUX

graffitiSUX Senior Member

just be weak and give in to temptation. it's alot easier, and you will have more intersting stories for your grandkids

5. SATANS IRISH HELPERS

SATANS IRISH HELPERS Junior Member

turn all your feelings into a seething ball of HATE

that'll help:p

6. SOZER

SOZER Member

grasper your sXe? i didnt think there were any LI sXe writers...haha

as far as the seething ball of hate goes, that works well. or laugh at all your friends when they get drunk and make them give you money, this has worked on several occasions and enabled me to make it home with a little more gas than i should have.

or have them pick fights with people you know can kick their ass, this makes for hours of fun, just go up to your friend and be like "yo, that guy over theres talking shit about you...blah blah blah" and convince them that they can kick said persons ass.

im such a good friend.

nsk

7. SATANS IRISH HELPERS

SATANS IRISH HELPERS Junior Member

SOZER I'M FUCKIN O.G. l.i SXE

jeez louise
    fuckin kids

8. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx Senior Member

I dont seperate myself, but I stay around them, to see what Im not missing. the whole concept of it seems pretty stupid. and dont go 'straightedge'. the way i did it was find a real reason not to do it, and hold on to that reason.

9. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

THE KING OF HELL thinks straight edge is a good thing for kids having a hard time trying to stay away from bad influences and saying no. it gives people a little bit of help develpoing a spine. just dont go all out at first. listen and learn things about what sxe realy means. it is not about being a dick to everyone who drinks or smokes.

it IS about keeping your head clear and not giving into pressures that you dont agree with just on the basis of weak acceptance. be a monkey wrench in the gears. stick. retain longevity and THEN you will have great stories for your grandkids when everyone else is telling them either lies or drunk guy stories.

10. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

If it wasn't for the sex...I'd really be straight edge. ;)

11. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

I was straight edge for 4 years... but I mean I also wore that shirt that said "if you aren't now, you never were" so.. I guess I never was straight edge for 4 years. But anyway, I never regret that time in my life. I learned so much, got so much accomplished, and I remained really happy and even now that I'm not straight edge.. I'd still rather go to parties and clubs and be sober 90% of the time. I think the thing about being straight edge is that it's easy to get sucked into the "scene" where all you do is go to shows, talk shit, and get into fights or watch your friends get into fights. I surrounded myself with mostly straight edge people and had mostly straight edge mentality and then when I grew out of that phase, where the shows and people no longer interested me, I felt like I wanted to sell out in order to "learn and discover new things, and meet different kinds of people". The fact is, you can be straight edge or drug free, and not have to limit yourself to any one scene... just dont' let other straight edge kids tell you that emo's not cool, and huffin paint fumes isn't being drug free. hehe, jk. but seriously, do your own things, and let straigth edge mean drug free and only drug free.. not hardcore, tattoo's, and labret piercings. you know?

12. Dow Jonez

Dow Jonez Guest

GET A HOBBY THAT DOSEN'T INCLUDE GETTING FUCKED UP

13. charlie dundar

charlie dundar Member

i hang out with the dirty dozen who are all drunks...my advice have a pepsi instead

14. ASK

ASK Junior Member

Yeah thanks for all the advice. Im not really interested in the scene. I quit smoking this month, and that went okay, but...well, i guess I'll paint more. Wont miss suday mornings, though...
    i(nep)t

15. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

hahahaha.. are those your friends or mine dood? hhehehehe...