Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CIGARETTES ARE COOL

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BeetNIK, Jun 6, 2003.

1. BeetNIK

BeetNIK Member

"wake up this morning, and I'm 3 mins late for work....
    -
    -
    drop my card in the slot, whose typewriter action noise i absolutely love, i feel like checking in like five times in a row right there. my audible "check in" type of fucking. it would be great...

so, I'm officially getting paid. sweet. My day of continual avoidance and procrastination begins. Well, not really. I'm actually a pretty motivated worker, i blame it on all the pretty colors and slutty secretaries.
    -
    Generally I'm pretty to myself at work, i dont talk too much to anybody, just enough so they think i am normal, like them. Particularly Christy and Suzi, the two women in their mid thirties that work closely with.
    This may sound elitist or something, but I own them intelectually, i am ready for everythig they say and do. I know what songs on the radio they will sing every lyric to, and which ones they will bob their heads to. Their conversation about which songs they absolutely love and which movies they 'one day after work sometime' need to go out and see together, are ever-so predictable. Along with their attempts at clever sarcasm. I am ready for what they will say after i come into work, the next thing that happens that would be considered bad, no matter how small or insignificant, is a sign to them that today, like yesterday, the day before, and tommorow, is going to be, "one of those days where its just not worth getting outta bed"...

Christy and Suzi need each other. They would never be freinds outside of the workplace. They are one of the cliques at work, i like to call em 'the bad girls' because they say crude jokes about sex and smoke cigarettes. If one of them doesnt come into work, the other one is nervous and anxious all day because of the social dependency they have that relies on the the others presence. They both drink the newest variation of soda from an already classic flavor, right now its the orange color of mountain dew, or sprite remix. haha, remix....

Christy has a ten year old son, andrew, and a husband trained in computer engineering. Her husband pays for most of the stuff i can tell. She is probably two hundred and fifty pounds, wears white tennis shoes, with tall sweat socks pushed all the way back down to hear ankles. She has peircing up the side of her ears, i dont know how many, but they attract attention to her bad girl style. Her hair is always wavy, frizzy, and some some bad color that is faded and washed out. Oh yeah and the ten year old (literally) tie dye t-shirts are my favorite part of her wardrobe. I cant look at her for too long though, she has some weird thing going on with the melanin in her skin. She is unusually red/purpley colored, its not just in her face, but in her arms and legs too. It seems as if she is getting squeezed by somebody, and about to burst, it grosses me out.

Suzi, the 'badder' chick, has an ex husband whos and ex con, two girls, one 13, one 10, and a semi retired boyfreind that takes care of her kids. She grew up on the farm with all brothers, shes a tough lady. She likes to sport her daughters old jnco jeans and a test print shirt to work. She has chin length brunette dyed hair, a dark cyan colored barbell type of thing peirced in her right eyebrow, and and pink stud in her right nostril.......she is the badder chick.

Suzi is the leader of the two member clique. Wouldnt you guess such a thing? I mean she is the badder chick....
    but Christy is the one who always agrees with Suzi, completely and absolutely with everything she says. If Christy doesn't strait up agree with her, she will tell a little story that shows her feelings on the matter. I feel like i am in middle school, following the winner of dodgeball on recess. Whats really ironic about the whole situation is that Suzi might end up killing Christy.

Because of their social dependency on each other Christy always follows Suzi touside for cigarette breaks, and smokes however many cigarettes she does. But Christy really needs to quit, she has had bad asthma since she was 3. Her doctor gives her prescription nicotine supplements so it will be easy for her to quit. But she keeps going back to the Basics...

So Christy will keep follwing Suzi outside, and they will keep smoking together, keep making fun of the same movies, and keep relying on each other. And keep dying together.

Isnt this why we all started smoking cigarettes for in the first place? Social reasons? You and your best freind would sneak a few cigarettes out of your uncles hard pack, and go outback and suck em up to be cool. It's weird how the world works like that. What really sucks though is that so many people are dying because of their social dependence. Its the nictotine that makes it feel good, but its the freinds that keep em doing it..."

i found this written in a public computer lab figured it would fit in well here, any thoughts?

2. dojafx

dojafx Member

i havent had one in 3 days
    wow.

3. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

4. destroya

destroya Senior Member

cool post. cigarettes are for bitches.

5. killtheradio

killtheradio Member

had one 10 min ago...they arent doin the job fast enough...

6. JaZe

JaZe Banned

yeah smoking is like soooo cool man.. i recently got into and i am up to 20 a day! its like wowa! now i am so popular in school

oh.. and not the mention all the fucin fruit cakes who dont mind there buisness when they see a 15 year old smokein in the middle of the street like its nothing

7. Krook

Krook Banned

i'm smoking one as we speak

please believe:king:

8. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

I feel sorry for people who dont think they can quit.

Whats the points of paying 5 bucks every 20 smokes, just so you could die faster. Id rather live and be stoned..Atleast thats worth a little more.

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

interesting stuff, i like it

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Yeah I liked that story. It had a deeper meaning besides the ciggarette smoke thing though.

The whole ciggarette thing is weird though. It seems like America is so obsessed with quitting smoking and abolishing it. Yet the rest of the world seems to go about smoking and thinking nothing of it. All cultures and countrys have smoked for thousands of years it seems like smoking tobbaco has become a trait of human life.

11. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

They smoked tobacco, not cigarettes made by a billion dollar corporation with the intention of being addictive.

12. krie

krie Guest

13. sneak

sneak Guest

im a smoker...

14. Rectum

Rectum Senior Member

can everyone get over the whole "people smoke cigs only to be cool" thing...its quite old... if you think about it theres no point, the world would be a better place without all the pointless whining

15. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

im going to make some orange juice