Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BLOCKBUSTER

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T=E=A=S=E, Jan 1, 2005.

1. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

how the fuck can there be no late fees, and if you want to keep the movie an extra day or two... and just keep keeping it at the house, they'd never have anything in stock to rent....

anyone have any ideas as to how the fuck they plan on doing this and keeping some videos in the store?

you could rent a movie for 2 years and be like, sorry, i kept wanting to keep it a couple more days...

:lol:

i wonder what the catch is...

2. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

Its all about mass production I guess, they're tryin to compete with everyone else so they have to find new ways of being "the best"....

3. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i had heard that they got smacked with a class action lawsuit for charging late fees when they were not applicable. i don't think that is why they dropped the fees. they suck anyway cause their selection is terrible.

4. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

they're trying to compete with online movie places like netflix.

5. KYU

KYU Member

bye bye blockbuster

6. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

yeah that and video on demand cable.

good i hope that drives them under cause they helped shut down all the ma and pop video stores in the 80's.

7. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

yeah i wonder how that shit works

8. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

74 COPIES OF CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK ALL IN STOCK AND 4 COPIES OF GARDEN STATE THAT ARE PERPETUALLY NOT THERE.

9. 0RB1T0N3R

0RB1T0N3R Senior Member

i got the movie and game pass. so i got unlimited rentals....never had late fees like teases hoe ass

10. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

^^^^

thats cuz i told your mom if she ever got a late fee, i wouldnt slang her the dick no more.

so ofcourse you dont got no late fees, son.

11. WeakSauce

WeakSauce Banned

i dont see how they could be doing this without some sort of catch, if there isnt a catch then theyre bascilly selling people videogames and videos for $5 or less.

12. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

exactly... doesnt make sense.

you could just keep shit forever. unless theyre just planning on extending the time you have to rent the shit... like 2 weeks tops.

13. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

it's easier to just buy dvd's.

14. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

IF YOU RENT A MOVIE, IT STILL HAS A DUE DATE. EITHER THE 2-DAY RENTAL OR THE 7-DAY RENTAL. HOWEVR, IF YOU "NEED A DAY OR TWO TO RETURN THE MOVIE AFTER ITS DUE DATE" YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A LATE FEE. IN ACTUALITY, YOU CAN KEEP THE MOVIE FOR 5 DAYS, AND ON THE 6TH OR 7TH DAY YOU WILL BE SOLD THE MOVIE, AND BECOME THE PROUD OWNER OF THAT MOVIE. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE LIKE A 30-DAY PERIOD AFTER THAT TO RETURN THE MOVIE, AND GET A REFUND.

SARCASM/YOUR LOCAL BLOCKBUSTER EMPLOYEE

15. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

this is excatly what blockbuster is trying to do.
    it is currently trying to buy out hollywood video, also.