Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Best Friends Become Strangers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Delta9, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Delta9

Delta9 New Jack

delta9 here...yes rolling a fat blunt.

well theres been some shit on my mind lately that i needs to get off my chest. well more like a story...a story on friendships.

well me and this cat where really close..we went to highschool together bt started chillin more our senior year. in a sense he taught me the ropes..i smoked my first el with this nigga. we got in the graf game together and would go out and bomb shit it was dope. we even formed a crew. we entered different colleges still had each others back crazy.i knew his fam it was dope. see at the time i felt he was different....a dope artist and a real person. he suffered from social anxiety disorder...he was a shy cat..but was a good looking guy who could pull bitches for sure if he wanted. now this cat had rank amongst the circle of kids we would hang with. well respected...this cat was a genuine and nice guy all around who had morals. a couple years pass and i notice changes in my good friend. he started to get depressed and shit started tweaking out...more irratible i would chief this nigga out blunts all the time and i remember one time he got all pissed for a gram i owed him from when he was selling herb..caught me mad off gueard and shit..i was kinda hurt..that's just one instance..there are others..basically he was becoming more shady with his shit...he would expect to get hooked up but would never hook others up ya know...i was like whatever though...fuck it imma do my thang and shit....he would come up with excuses for his depression..his outlook became one with was negative. i dunno what was the source of his depression probably family maybe because he was thirsty for a girlfriend. i tried helping him, taking him out to parties, bars, basicalling trying hook him up with sum hoes ya know? but this nigga would get CRUNKED..he would drink alot and be too shitfaced to even stand up straight...or he would tweak out and do somthing wierd that would creep the girl out...(peeing on himself, getin too rowdy, acting mad hard and stupid) this type of behavior was at first tolerated by the crew and laughed off..but things started getting crazy...a few months pass i get busy with school and shit..i even get a hot girl who i really like...i think that's when my friend tweaked out dude...one day i get this call and shit my boy is at this party with some people i know...so im like imma roll thru see what's poppin...no theres a whole bunch of people there and shit is lookin cool...when alll of a sudden i see my friend(the one who the stories about)...now this nigga looks fucked up....anyways he makes a big ass scene where he's all cursing me out for no reason...talkin bout i turned my back on him...witch is not true i recalled numerous times trying to tell him to tone down his drinking and get a hold of himself...i might of not been around for a few but your a grown man dog...what you want me to do..well basically the night was all fucked up you now...i never saw him in that light before...it was like mad wierd...i basically now feel wierd about him....like i tried to be cool again but all that's happened....i heard stories that he even talked some shit about mev even told this other crew that we both used to paint with that i'm a lame and they should drop me...i'm like what the fuck....this cat even told this girl i was hollering at a while ago at a party that i sleep around...witch aint true, jealous shit like that.. pretty much everyone in my crew has there fair share of stories with this guy but...basically i cut this cat off...i mean what else could i of done...i confronted his ass and we ended up almost fighting....whatever....he has apologized since then and we are on speaking terms but...i don't fuck around with him like we used too...it's too wierd i don't feel the same way...i feel his true colors were shown to me..currently this cat is on the verge of being a alcoholic...i see him at parties and sit say wassup see how he is doing...that's pretty much it...somtimes i feel like shit...about the whole situation...but everyman is in charge of there own destiny....i think his fam has sent him to therepy...but i dunno...am i at fault??

whatever i wanted to share my story..feel free to share your opinions and similar stories holla

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

Delta9 the gabber dj?

Alcoholism can be a symptom of depression or vice versa. That is good he is getting professional help. It sounds like he needs it. I'm real worried about my cousin right now. He's fucking up himself in a similar manner.

3. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

sounds to me like he has many things going through his head maybe?....
    perhaps he is having life problems...family, girls...anything....
    tried covering it up with the beer, and made it worse, notice how u seem to think about more things thouroughly when ur drunk or high...well, at least when ur alone...

i dont belive ur at fault at all, its just a thing he has to go through in his life to get it straight, that is if he is going to therapy, but I would think he needs detox? alcohol?

i dunno, but friendships come and go, he probably just got tired of the way shit was going with him and took it out on you...

4. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Maybe you should pump him full of more drugs?

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

FUck man, so manmy people have come and gone out of my life in the last ten years i hardly make an effort anymore to care about stuff like this.

people come and go in and out of your life like waiters in a restaurant mang.

6. Maca1

Maca1 Member

he has problems mayb his juss jealous about u...idk
    u prob have a better life than hiim

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i stopped reading after the first line.. what are you? 16?

8. synaps

synaps Senior Member

i would probably have given this thread a lot more thought if it hadn't of hurt my eyes as much, but none the less, some things can be said.

leave your boy be. one can do so much and no more. if you genuinely feel that you've done everything you can to help and he has cocked you a deaf, then theres nothing more you can do.

i recently got over alcoholism, so i know how drinking can change things in and about a person. sometimes it's best to just let something slap you in the face and put you in check. other times you need a shove in the right direction. from what little i can gather, i think you boy needs to figure things out on his own.

if he pulls together on his own, he'll notice his mistake and rectify them accordingly.
    for now just let him be.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

sad story. i agree with synaps, though.

10. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

i don't think your at fault. it was his decisions, but you're his boy and i know what your saying.

shit comes and goes, like lens said. but help your boy out if you can. other than that, let him fall and he'll learn.

11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

whoa, how did this black stuff get on my hand

12. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

DEMON SEMEN!

I had a group of like 30 friends when I first moved to where I moved in high school. They were little criminals, well we were, but they were breaking into cars - even eachothers - and fighting and selling whatever. They were real good people though, and we had a lot of fun the way a big group with no responcibilites and a cavalier attitude can

...until some of my closest of the bunch made the front page of the local newspaer <which is a city> and all the local nightly news coverage. The headline involved baseball bats and Christmas - after the actual D.A., not the assistant, and the sheriff, the real one, came to my parents house and interviewed me Law and Order style and made me go to court on suppeona I had to let that all go.

13. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

Friends comes and go, such is life

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

thats waaaay too much for me to read without paragraphs.

summary?

15. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

yes, a gentle recap would be pleasant.

reading that would have given me a tumor.