A new, ULTIMATE low for advertisement(jeez,I've been making a lot of threads lately).

LaCosaNostra

Yeah, so I'm on the train yesterday listening to music and my phone vibrates. Whatever, right? WRONG! It was a number from my areacode so I figured it would be somebody I know, and I pick up the phone. I hear some girl talking and I sorta just keep listening(you know how you do that to see if they're saying some shit they don't want you to hear? whatever..) and then she starts talking a lout louder.

"Hi, I'm [insert actress name here] and you can see me at my newest movie, [insert movie name here] which opens on Friday, July 16th!"

Click, I hang up and am extremely infuriated. Mothefuckers got my cell phone number(?!?!) to start with, and then called me to advertise a fucking movie! Jesus christ, if that isn't and ULTIMATE low then I don't know what is.

* I forgot the name of the actress and movie..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fatbastard

when i was visiting relatives in houston,i got a call saying

"hi im having a lot of problems with my life at the moment and really need someone to talk to, do you have time?"

turns out it was a recorded message about carpet cleaning.

what the fuck? thats really fucked up

yeah i worked for a political survey (propaganda) company...man i hated my life then.

Telemarketing is nothing new. I get calls from cop charities, insurance companies, telephone companies, and many more on my landline. Not to mention calls from the library about a book that some woman I've never met has not been returned.

Edit: Gotta say that ever since I put my number on the "Do Not Call" list for my state I have recieved a lot less phone calls.

my only experience with advertising on the celly:

jblruxmoby@netze

ro.net

Suject: want a

supermodel body?

Trim 2 sizes in one

month! This new

pillREALLY WORKS!

CALL(800)

Sent:

March 2, 2004

02:13:30 am

i never get text messages, so this was weird...

more weird than irritating...

plus, 2:13am?

weird...

Ive always hate advertising. The way it warps Americans' minds, how sexually driven every-fucking-ad is, etc. I buy AdBusters all the time and always make these plans to fuck up billboard ads [still do this].

But now Im going into advertising. I guess you go with what you know right? The Man got me. Haha.

But I do promise I wont be making any phonecalls to your cells guys.. honest. Strictly advertisement design 0;D.

Archived