bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my ride. Still stock, but was convinced by @dekayfa to buy it since it was a great deal and I literally live minutes to a major downhill mountain biking place and have trails everywhere.

Unfortunately been way too busy with 12ozProphet to make it out much despite the great weather we're having.

IMG_5671.jpg.860fc4937c6e9771734f5f8bf040453d.jpg

• Props 1

@misteraven The back story to the paint job - I was living in Seattle at the time, and I was out training for some upcoming cyclocross races. I was riding before work because I knew I would be both on a plane most of the day, or in meetings. It was late fall, early mornings were dark, I had bright as shit lights, but a woman in the opposite lane of traffic, who was sitting waiting to turn left, decided to make that turn right as I entered the intersection... I slammed into her rear passenger panel at about 25mph. Frame split in two, broke some ribs and tore some ligaments in my ankle. Luckily she had insurance and I got paid. Instead of buying new I decided to buy a friend's one year old RITTE frame. With the money I saved I decided to get it custom painted, so I contacted Poseur Sport whose previous work I really liked. Turns out they knew who I am (Graffiti related) and hooked it up with a bunch of custom details, including crew names. We worked together on the colors but he came up with the design. He killed it with the colors exactly how I wanted them. I basically got a brand new bike in exchange for some broken ribs.
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

@Joker damn dude, not sure if sympathy or congratulations are in order. Sick freakin bike so as long as there’s no permanent gimpyness, I’d say you did well. Such a good looking bike.

I see so many high end bikes out this way, it’s crazy. Literally every third car that passes this time of year has racks with a few super loud colored bikes that just just scream big money.

Also seeing a lot of street bike riders with all the long haul saddle bags and stuff. Was actually thinking of planning a bike ride from my house to Yellowstone once the dust settles and I’m straight again. Not saying I can do it, but thought it would be fun to try. Just open camp the entire way down.

Like most bike nuts I have several bikes. I basically have one for every occasion. I've got a road race bike, road winter training bike (with full fenders because, you know, Northwest), cyclocross bike, mountain bike, and a get-around-town bike... typical Portland machine - a fixed gear with flat bars and a disc front brake.

When I come visit you we'll have to go for some bike rides. Sounds like you have some great riding out that way.

• Like 1

Depends on the riding you do, mate (and how good/bad you are at it!).

Get a lid, for sure. Maybe some light neoprene knee guards an gloves. That bike isn’t made tor downhill trails but will be good for XC, flow and some all-mountain duties - none of which need heavy protective gear. Once you start bombing the faster runs you might think of a full face and neckbrace.

I just sold my DH bike...., mixed emotions.

Downhill bikes have more travel (more suspension), are a lot tougher/sturdier, are definitely not weight conscious, and have a more slacked geometry so the rider is further back on the bike. Cross country bikes (what you have) are lighter, a more aggressive geometry, and better for climbing and going relatively fast on most terrains.

I have a carbon cross country full suspension mountain bike that I use mostly for trail riding, but will occasionally ride some pretty fast downhill singletrack, too. It's not really made for it, but I can somehow get away with it. It's not the best on mostly flat trails even with the suspension locked out, but it does the job.

I'd love to get a hard tail for racing cross country but that won't be for a while.

I don't think you need much more than a helmet, some gloves, and maybe... maybe some knee pads. If you want to bomb down gnarly hills all padded up like a hockey player, then you bought the wrong bike. You could get an Enduro bike which is kind of an inbetween bike, but climbing on it wouldn't be that fun.

Thanks @Joker

Seen some armor that looked like neoprene or spandex with soft padding and then a sort of hard plastic shell. Figuring shin guards and knee pads, along with elbow pads at the least. I generally have soft hip pads for snowboarding and would likely rock a set and definitely a helmet and gloves. Actually most worried about my hands and shins, beyond busting my head.

Does look like freakin fun though... https://skiwhitefish.com/mountain-biking/

• 4 weeks later...

got a bicycle to get to and from my local skatepark and for lil rides up and down the riverbed , the fairdale skate carrier is legit just tried it out with a new setup I recently put together :

Also joined @SukiSukiNow‘s bicycle group on here hopefully I can link up (and keep up lol) with some folks soon ! 

DCAB7472-4B8F-406A-871E-43BA21B40578.jpeg

263063A5-8264-4AEA-9920-4E79EEC4F49B.jpeg

Edited by luhem
  • Like 2
  • Props 2

13 minutes ago, metronome said:

This is a very attractive bike you got going on.  Ultegra?

oh yeah. never had a high end groupo before. dont think ill ever be going back now. so nice