Twenty Twenty Three

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I rode cross country and BMX up until I was 32. I learned how to ride in Boulder County,  CO and was pushed by great riders early on.

I turn 40 this year and really have no excuses not to, asheville, and western NC in general have phenomenal trails (and manageable elevation--OXYGEN!--compared to CO).

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

23 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I rode cross country and BMX up until I was 32. I learned how to ride in Boulder County,  CO and was pushed by great riders early on.

I turn 40 this year and really have no excuses not to, asheville, and western NC in general have phenomenal trails (and manageable elevation--OXYGEN!--compared to CO).

The cost of a downhill MTB these days is absurd.  Even the middle range bikes you're looking at $5-7k 

• Like 1

I actually started looking at used bikes midyear and feel like I can get started again okay for 2500... 

Or I can tune my 98 schwinn homegrown hardtail and get props from the oldheads by riding a museum piece.

I'd like to buy once and be set for the next (at least) 5 years, and would love to be riding titanium, I need to know I am 100% committed to riding at least weekly before I can justify that  Pricepoint, though. 

• Like 2