Political Cartoons & Propaganda Posters - The very best of mega thread

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, Hua Guofang said:

I just love how people feel so able to attribute sentiment to the founding fathers who would not recognise politics in the US today.

I mean, it's right up Nancy and the CA democrats alley to do this.  They're speaking for dead people that cannot refute what is being said.  They can basically say that "the founding fathers" would have wanted _____________.  Fill in the blank with whatever you think sounds good at the time.

It's a bullshit tactic IMO and only fools morons.  I'm not replying to you or saying this to make a jab at anyone, it's just my thoughts on the subject because I'm pretty worn out with hearing what the founding fathers would have preferred from people that are so obviously full of bull corn.

No, my Chinese sucks balls now, haven't even been there for 6 years and it's 9 years since I lived there. Sucks how quickly you lose a language after you worked so hard to get it. I'll see if the wife can translate, although it's in traditional characters that the Hong Kongers use, not simplified like the mainlanders use.

image.thumb.png.3fbe01d5f7e9eb7dbcdcdee306bf8b4d.png

Nice, keen to see them. I used to have some ones from the Cultural Revolution up on my wall when I lived in China. They were definitely reproductions but I love the kitchiness and artistry of them. I also have a coffee table book on the history of Chinese propaganda posters, goes into the stories of the people that were chosen to be the star character in some of the narrative series of posters, etc. Great book.

image.png.a01c0e60c81d6efa46938385116a5a33.png

• Like 1

as I mentioned above

first two are obviously fakes that I bought in Vietnam.

"who loves children as Uncle HO, who loves Uncle Ho more than children" Hmmm.IMG_7132.thumb.JPG.27b4f1e5288866c70f14c7cc2a91fb45.JPG

"nothing is more precious that independence and freedom

IMG_7131.thumb.JPG.68d005c47ce8aa3966dfd291dcc2c5ac.JPG

fuck knows what this one says but I think this is pretty legit 1982

IMG_7130.thumb.JPG.5cf93ed5ec6959158986e89e8fa5c506.JPG

some russian thing I bought in St. Petersburg.

IMG_7129.thumb.JPG.261b75e2fab166e95155c94bc054938a.JPG

this one I bought without noticing it's the left hand side of three with a big fucking elbow sticking out on right hand side of nother russia who Iassume is holding the big flag you can see parts of.

would love to see the rest but doubt I ever will

IMG_7128.thumb.JPG.66a8efcf5630da5378d14fa0e94afbb0.JPG

• Props 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...