Political Cartoons & Propaganda Posters - The very best of mega thread

misteraven

Figure with the popularity of the political memes thread, as well as the regular meme thread, we could have some laughs (or shed tears perhaps) at some of the best in political cartoons. Personally I'm not a fan or memes, though I get why they're popular. The predecessor to memes in many ways are the political cartoon has a long history, so will be interesting to see how many of them are still relevant. Anyhow, I find them more poignant and often appreciate the artistic talent in them. They also tend to be better than memes because they're more thought out, likely because fo the work involved in creating them.

Anyhow, should be fun if you guys dig the idea and post some of the best of the best in political satire through the ages.

Here's one to kick things off that I just came up on that triggered the idea.

Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die_580_385_c1.jpg.bdcdca9c1c8bb13eb13de7661328b879.jpg

Peace_Today.jpg.cb60f6b46379dc72d4215c8a983a44f4.jpg

109_Clash_of_the_Titans_Final.thumb.jpg.eeef159543ee9a2c29fe152a03569e82.jpg

social-media-surveillance-7.jpg.37638795889cf534f54387beec6b5e87.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Stalin, Kurschev and Brezhnev are on a train to St Petersberg when all of a sudden it comes to a halt and doesn't move for 15 minutes. Getting agitated, Stalin says "I'm going to stick my head out of the window and yell at the driver that if he doesn't get this train moving I will murder him, his family and everyone in the town he comes from. Kruschev says, no, no, no, Joey. Let's form a committee to research the situation, we have sub committees on why the train stopped, committees on why it's not moving, committees on what it will take to get it started, plenaries on what rail travel means to the proletariat......, No, no no, says Brezhnev. Let's just tell everyone on the train to close the curtains and us three will make train noises and tell them that everything is ok and that the train will arrive on time!

*you'll have to imagine the visual aspects of this cartoon.