Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
20 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Don't even feel a need to meme this.  

I thought we all were supporting women in sports? Now it looks like women aren't supporting other women!

63276881_ScreenShot2019-07-30at1_10_57PM.png.67c60391b0cdded56841c5eb82309b1c.png

This is a pretty interesting topic to explore the issue with because it really starts to unravel the narrative and contradictions in the ideology that it would seem most are now subscribing to.

For the record, I have zero problem with anyone that wants to identify as a woman, a man, Abraham Lincoln or my favorite martian. I believe in individual freedom and liberty and think people can chase whatever version of happiness they want, up until it curtails on the individual freedom and liberty of others. However, because one identifies as a woman, its ridiculous to consider they are a woman. Amazing how so many are still confused by this idea. If that individual identified as Elvis, would they thus be Elvis? In both cases, theres rational and obvious limits to the inherent characteristics of that individual that as much as they want to get away from or identify as something else... You simply cannot escape. Until we can deconstruct the matter that makes us what and who we are and reassemble it all at the sub cellular level, as well as reprogram and reassemble DNA along the way, we're stuck with what we were born as for better or worse. Its fine if that person or other people want to sort or pretend they're something else, but end of the day this person is has one less rib than a female, an adam's apple, and a lack of a Y chromosome, not to mention an entire array of other biological characteristics and functions that are the literal definition of what makes that individual a man or a woman. No bad on them for wishing they were something else, but thats just reality.

@Mercerinterested in kicking off that discussion or nah? Maybe @6Pennies? Havent seen you on in a minute and you're a level headed, reasonable and intelligent dude that could probably moderate that discussion well. Will be no surprise coming from you @Kultsand unsure you could even make a fair stab at being objective on the topic.

• Truth 1

You already nailed it. You can’t change your DNA no matter how big you grow your estrogen laced man bewbs or how bad you mutilate your dick.

People can pretend to be whoever they want to be, I’m just not gonna play along in the delusion.

4 minutes ago, Kults said:

People can pretend to be whoever they want to be, I’m just not gonna play along in the delusion.

I suppose this is where it get difficult. "Play along" to what extent?

I don't treat men and women any differently as far as I know. I talk to each pretty much the same way... I'll usually hold the door for each, when the situation presents... And not sure there's anything else there to draw distinction or comparisons on. People are people.

Gets to be problematic when there's a clear division between sexes, like bathrooms or sports. Both these divisions are purposely drawn due to actual human biology and the inherent differences between the biology of a man and a woman. Probably wouldn't take much to transition people's acceptance of a gender neutral public bathroom, but willing to bet neither side would actually like that. Personally, I'd rather use a girls bathroom since I've heard enough males in stalls to make me wonder if females are capable of such noises and smells. But in truth, if you have a young daughter, do you really want her to be in a private space for any length of time with someone that is the opposite sex? Honest question. I already don't like the idea of that she's in there unsupervised with strangers, but you come to sort of get forced to trust that. Now, I recognize that transgender people are few and far between for now and I'm not saying their any more sexually deviant than anyone else in terms of what arouses them, but seems fairly obvious to me the can of worms this opens up in terms of potential abuse. Its quite a bit easier of a transgender person is so invested in their identity that they dress and act feminine, but with this off line of thinking, there's no requirement to do so. A burly male construction worker can say that they identify as a female and leave at that and decide to use the womens restroom. How long before the division breaks down entirely and your daughter is waiting to use a stall in a bathroom that's half filled with biological males? 

Anyhow, I think the argument, if anything, should focus on where / when / why we draw divisions based upon sex. Just seems silly and really is a crawl down a rabbit hole to all try and convince ourselves that if you believe in it hard enough, that you can switch from one sex to another. It's quickly obvious how much other belief needs to be suspended to allow that to work, that really do go far beyond an individual wanting to use the bathroom of the opposite sex from which they were born. 

I've followed some of this issue in regards to military, most specifically in regards to spec ops groups. Believe the stat on Navy SEALs is that they represent less than 1% of the entire military. Literally the best of the best physical and mental specimen drawn from a subset of people that are likely to already be on the better side of physically fit. Obviously very few males have what it takes to be a SEAL and to this day, there has yet to be a female that posses the physical capabilities to make it through selection, let alone training. Probably unlikely there ever will be without some artificial / synthetic enhancement, so the choice is that they're excluded because they simply lack the physical requirement, regardless of how bad they'd like it to be otherwise, or you lower the bar so that the physical / biological limits are judged on a curve. Hard to pretend there's no difference or that one can identify as the other in this case.

• Like 1

Anyhow, interesting topic and thought experiment and really is fascinating how this actually something people are debating. A while back I linked to a podcast talking about myth and discourse where the guy basically lays out that a lot of the debating and division we see stems from both a lack of truly understanding the meaning of words coupled with other people that have agendas that are exploiting this fact. Sounds ludicrous, but he lays out a real solid argument for this and it becomes painfully obvious that if there's no baseline of understanding the precise meaning of a statement, that a reasonable / rational conversation on the subject is compromised from jump street.

Socially it’s fine I’m not a dick ( for the most part). I draw the line at exactly that, services, divisions and subsidies or gov programs. Military def included. Wanna sachay around the bar in a skirt go for it. Want to play in a women’s sports league or use facilities meant for women hell na.

1 minute ago, One Man Banned said:

Also surprised, expected @Kultsand/or@Mercerwould have been all over the cops getting doused w/ water memes.

I think its kinda lame tbh. First step to a riot. TBH I would have shared some if I saw good ones but generally speaking the left cant meme for shit so its been kinda dry

(pun unintended)

Have not paid a lot of attention, waiting for these turds to filter down to fewer.  Watched a few minutes of the posted recap.  Did not know a shit ton about Harris but even without fact checking what Tulsi said about her prosecutor record, the stuff she described is common enough to be believeable and Harris not being able to defend it lends credibility.  Some foul stuff there.  Amusing that Tulsi slapped her w/ that owe an apology line doing to Harris what Harris did to Biden last time, but I don't care to watch these 20 or whatever people mud sling each other for the next few months either.

• Props 1

3 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Have not paid a lot of attention, waiting for these turds to filter down to fewer.  Watched a few minutes of the posted recap.  Did not know a shit ton about Harris but even without fact checking what Tulsi said about her prosecutor record, the stuff she described is common enough to be believeable and Harris not being able to defend it lends credibility.  Some foul stuff there.  Amusing that Tulsi slapped her w/ that owe an apology line doing to Harris what Harris did to Biden last time, but I don't care to watch these 20 or whatever people mud sling each other for the next few months either.

You see Harris' face too...PRICELESS. Like you BITCH

What goes round comes round huh Harris lol