Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

But short of potato sacks and sun dials she, or any woman probably, would be called out for the supposed irony. I know I'm getting heavy on the meme over analysis, I just had a few free minutes today to kill time.

If it were a conservative hypocrisy it would have fast tracked past memes to become “news”. 

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Amazes me how often this gets repeated. An AR has never been used by a single military on the planet. In fact, it doesn’t even fit the most basic criteria by the US Military in order to be classified as an assault weapon (select fire / full auto). How does that misinformation keep getting parroted so regularly? 

Oh, black and scary... must be military. 

Following that train of thought, the snow camo cargo shorts they sell up and down Canal Street (NYC) must be a military uniform. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Turns out there that was the end of the fence to a parking lot. Even more staged than I thought.

Photographers slipping... I’d have walked the 6 feet and gotten on the other side of the fence... Would have captured that straight on money shot and probably made the cover of Time. 

Would have invited you motherfuckers to my Pulitzer party. 

• LOL! 3

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

If it were a conservative hypocrisy it would have fast tracked past memes to become “news”. 

Sure, but it's tough to find ethical/principled hypocrisy when they stand for nothing beyond gays and abortion are bad and war is good. The supposed fiscal conservatism is too massive a load of shit to even touch...

10 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

Sure, but it's tough to find ethical/principled hypocrisy when they stand for nothing beyond gays and abortion are bad and war is good. The supposed fiscal conservatism is too massive a load of shit to even touch...

Both sides are equally full of shit and in my own opinion, mostly strategically coordinating to perpetuate all the theatrics we see despite the facade of rivalry.

To think that one side is more credible or in any way more genuinely concerned with anything other than votes so they can continue to maintain and further consolidate power is drinking the cool aide. No offense to anyone still caught up in the dichotomy of it all but the whole thing is bullshit.

Sorry, not sorry.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

Both sides are equally full of shit and in my own opinion, mostly strategically coordinating to perpetuate all the theatrics we see despite the facade of rivalry.

To think that one side is more credible or in any way more genuinely concerned with anything other than votes so they can continue to maintain and further consolidate power is drinking the cool aide. No offense to anyone still caught up in the dichotomy of it all but the whole thing is bullshit.

Sorry, not sorry.

Agreed. The left makes for better meme fodder though ??‍♂️

26 minutes ago, misteraven said:

About 800 million users on Instagram, including most of Hollywood that would disagree with you on that.

Left can’t meme though. Show me a half a dozen decent ones.. not even dank, decent...

I don't disagree at all, where I "admire" ( perhaps far too strong a word) the left is that what they claim to stand for is the betterment of humanity and the planet, where the right seems to only be concerned with stopping homos from serving their country, stopping abortions in rural states,  sucking the nra's balls, and making sure banks/lenders and markets run with as little concern for the average citizen as possible. Agreed, both have a constant flow of shit from their mouths, but at least one polished turd gives a demonstrable shit about the tired, poor,  and huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Even if it's in hopes those people will give them votes later on so they can taxpayer-fund a bigger, better pride parade...

3 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

but at least one polished turd gives a demonstrable shit about the tired, poor,  and huddles masses yearning to breathe free. Even if it's in hopes those people will give them votes later on so they can taxpayer-fund a bigger, better pride parade...

They really don't though. Its all a show. One side is just more honest about it (albeit very marginally)

Every bit of aid that goes to the poor, every facet of family planning and women's health, all student loan reform,  all education funding, etc  comes from the left. The right fights tooth and nail to inhibit those at every turn. That's the demonstrable shit given. 

1 hour ago, Fist 666 said:

Every bit of aid that goes to the poor, every facet of family planning and women's health, all student loan reform,  all education funding, etc  comes from the left. The right fights tooth and nail to inhibit those at every turn. That's the demonstrable shit given. 

I mean, sure that's great and all if you're part of those groups I guess. Shame it does nothing but buy them votes using the working silent majority's money to do it. I'm all for women's health, I just don't think you should expect others to foot the bill for your 6th abortion.

1 hour ago, Fist 666 said:

You'd be surprised, there are people from multiple political backgrounds that both pay more than you or I ever will in taxes, then donate most of their money left over to charity on top of that. While it's technically "aid" to the poor forcibly taking someone else's money, then give a small portion of it to help the poor, that's not really charity, or admirable in my opinion. Only a convincing tool for justifying the initial theft

Real charity is actually producing the capitol, then forgoing consumption of it yourself, then choosing to share it with someone else without expecting anything in return (this includes votes). Also, if you give money to the poor yourself, the money is rarely funneled towards no knock raids, unjust military occupation, etc.

47 minutes ago, Kults said:

I mean, sure that's great and all if you're part of those groups I guess. Shame it does nothing but buy them votes using the working silent majority's money to do it. I'm all for women's health, I just don't think you should expect others to foot the bill for your 6th abortion.

So if you're poor, female, a student, or a child that's great? Cool, that covers a very comfortable majority of any/all politicians' constituency.  The comparable drop in the bucket that education and food aid make up compared to what is spent on defense is laughable,  so I'd personally pay for the next dozen abortions in my community if it meant not another cent of my money went to the military industrial complex which has killed far more actual living children than planned parenthood has...  But thats not how it works, so back to the point, the left demonstrably cares about individual human beings and I find that more digestible than anything the right has to offer.

1 minute ago, Fist 666 said:

So if you're poor, female, a student, or a child that's great? Cool, that covers a very comfortable majority of any/all politicians' constituency.  The comparable drop in the bucket that education and food aid make up compared to what is spent on defense is laughable,  so I'd personally pay for the next dozen abortions in my community if it meant not another cent of my money went to the military industrial complex which has killed far more actual living children than planned parenthood has...  But thats not how it works, so back to the point, the left demonstrably cares about individual human beings and I find that more digestible than anything the right has to offer.

Agree to disagree on almost everything you just said.

7 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I don't disagree at all, where I "admire" ( perhaps far too strong a word) the left is that what they claim to stand for is the betterment of humanity and the planet, where the right seems to only be concerned with stopping homos from serving their country, stopping abortions in rural states,  sucking the nra's balls, and making sure banks/lenders and markets run with as little concern for the average citizen as possible. Agreed, both have a constant flow of shit from their mouths, but at least one polished turd gives a demonstrable shit about the tired, poor,  and huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Even if it's in hopes those people will give them votes later on so they can taxpayer-fund a bigger, better pride parade...

They just want votes plain and simple and their only avenue to grow them is in the "low information" voters. Promising free shit and paying for it with other people's money.

That being said, I think the exact opposite thing to do if you truly want to help people is treat them special and make them dependent. I'm not a fan of #Pride or affirmative action for these very reasons. For the longest while skin color and sexual orientation literally did not enter my consciousness when see other people. Now its the first thing I notice. I don't think any less of anyone, to be clear, but when the national discourse for the latest several years has been about racism and sexual orientation (after 1%, Isis and Ebola failed to persist), its impossible to not think about it now.

Likewise, its natural human tendency to behave differently when there is a safety net versus no safety net. Plenty of studies have shown how poverty has grown lock step with the allocation of additional resources to social services. Like all else government does, it's literally the most inefficient method possible to get anything done. You can understand why when its a matter of spending someone else's money and you're drawing from what's being treated as a limitless source.

I'm not saying that truly desperate people shouldn't be taken care of by a cicl society, but a safety net is not something you live in and certainly not for generations.

Watch these people speak, watch the debates and then consider if that very individual is someone you'd trust to make investments with your heart earned money, because that's exactly what it is. Personally I wouldn't trust 99.9% of those clowns to watch my dog. 

• Props 1