Mercer

7 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Every bit of aid that goes to the poor, every facet of family planning and women's health, all student loan reform,  all education funding, etc  comes from the left. The right fights tooth and nail to inhibit those at every turn. That's the demonstrable shit given. 

Certain this statement is not accurate, but I'm too lazy to cite references, so will leave it alone.

But fact of the matter is the ideologies differ in that the left feel that its okay to take money from the most successful among us and reallocate it as they see fit. The right tends to feel people should be able to keep what they earn and spend it as they wish. Now the reality is that both parties have strayed so far from their parties stated ideology as to be unrecognizable. 

Fact is that Obama bombed more countries than Bush. Fact is that Bush grew government more than any president before him. 

Here's some more...

Obama did less for gun control, despite have a clean sweep of the upper and lower chamber for 2 years than Trump. Trump who actually spoke at the NRA convention and has their support has implemented more impactful legislation to curtail gun rights than Obama did and he's not even through his first term, let along on to his second.

I could spend hours pointing you to hypocrisy on the part of both parties and how they've strayed from the ideology of their party, but you can easily search around for this yourself. Again, pick the lesser of two evils and you still end up with evil. If you're going to eat a big pile of shit, whether you do it with your left hand or right hand, you're still eating shit.

Reality is the sooner people extricate themselves from the binary dichotomy of left versus right and instead realize they're getting fucked from both sides, the sooner we can get to a point of actually holding government responsible for all the foul shit both sides have done against the American people (as well as the rest of the world).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, misteraven said:

They just want votes plain and simple and their only avenue to grow them is in the "low information" voters. Promising free shit and paying for it with other people's money.

Surprisingly, I'd say the right does this way more. "...and who's going to pay for it..." Corporate subsidies, wars, excessive military spending in general. When it's all said and done they've consistently increased spending/deficits since I turned 18 and voted for Clinton his 1st term.

I actually do like helping those in need (by voluntarily sharing my own capitol/time) and admittedly I need to step my game up in this department. My mom puts me to shame in this department, volunteers twice a week at the blind center, donates cash, donates to her church, assembles hundreds of these little care packages to donate to kids in need over seas etc. At best I've donated money, and only to shit I get a tremendous benefit from like the Mises Institute, public radio, etc. The only way to smash this system is if we can take care of each other, and defend ourselves, and our rights  voluntarily. 

1 hour ago, Kults said:

Hmmm the Us didn’t win obviously but for the Vietnamese to claim victory..? Bit of a stretch no

If anything that honour belongs to Canada..

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/how-u-s-forces-failed-to-conquer-canada-200-years-ago

They won 100% by achieving their political objectives through the use of irregular warfare. Proof of why the 2A is so necessary. Rice farmers took on the most advanced military on the planet and won. It's much more costly for a government to fight an offensive war against an embedded population, than it is for an embedded population to defend itself. That's why a bunch of farmers United States defeated Britain, and the reason a bunch of rice farmers were able to drive an occupying force out of the jungle.

That's the basis of the meme:

image.png.0d3d50338c5be17bd753d358fae9e220.png

@KultsThat's like saying Hitler didn't loose WWI, or a boxer refusing to get back up off the canvas hasn't lost.

Besides, Canada never won a war, the American forces were at first engaged by the Shawnee, then finally driven across the Detroit River by the British. It's in that link you provided.

Edited by Mercer

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

@KultsThat's like saying Hitler didn't loose WWI, or a boxer refusing to get back up off the canvas hasn't lost.

Besides, Canada never won a war, the American forces were at first engaged by the Shawnee, then finally driven across the Detroit River by the British. It's in that link you provided.

If that’s your take cool. I honestly don’t care enough to go digging for more links about it. More memes

Hitler was a foot soldier in WW1. Not sure what you meant there, assuming you were thinking of WW2.

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Surprisingly, I'd say the right does this way more. "...and who's going to pay for it..." Corporate subsidies, wars, excessive military spending in general. When it's all said and done they've consistently increased spending/deficits since I turned 18 and voted for Clinton his 1st term.

I actually do like helping those in need (by voluntarily sharing my own capitol/time) and admittedly I need to step my game up in this department. My mom puts me to shame in this department, volunteers twice a week at the blind center, donates cash, donates to her church, assembles hundreds of these little care packages to donate to kids in need over seas etc. At best I've donated money, and only to shit I get a tremendous benefit from like the Mises Institute, public radio, etc. The only way to smash this system is if we can take care of each other, and defend ourselves, and our rights  voluntarily. 

Not sure that corporate tax cuts and waging wars is what wins votes, but not going to argue that both parties on flip sides of the same shitty coin.

And yes, its amazing to see just how generous people can be, especially when there's a real and established sense of community. I used to actually see / feel it quite a bit when living in Soho and obviously more so living out here. I regularly volunteer at a non profit up the street, which uses horses and horsemanship as a therapeutic tool to assist people (mostly kids) with extreme physical and emotional disability. More so than even dogs, horses mirror their rider and its been amazing to see how some kids with massive disabilities respond and focus when they're given an opportunity to ride and be around horses. Not always easy to squeeze out the time, but pretty consistently go over there once a week to lend a hand.

@Mercer

Im back at work and have time to kill. Why not

In a relatively rare admission for an American scholar, a leading U.S. historian who authored a provocative new tome about North American military conflicts states bluntly that Canada won the War of 1812.

Johns Hopkins University professor Eliot Cohen, a senior adviser to former U.S. secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, writes in his just-published book Conquered Into Liberty that, “ultimately, Canada and Canadians won the War of 1812.”

And Cohen acknowledges that, “Americans at the time, and, by and large, since, did not see matters that way.”

Looks like it depends on who you ask.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-won-the-war-of-1812-u-s-historian-admits

5 hours ago, Kults said:

If that’s your take cool. I honestly don’t care enough to go digging for more links about it. More memes

Hitler was a foot soldier in WW1. Not sure what you meant there, assuming you were thinking of WW2.

lol, meant WWII, but technically they gave up during WWI also. 

4 hours ago, misteraven said:

Not sure that corporate tax cuts and waging wars is what wins votes, but not going to argue that both parties on flip sides of the same shitty coin.

And yes, its amazing to see just how generous people can be, especially when there's a real and established sense of community. I used to actually see / feel it quite a bit when living in Soho and obviously more so living out here. I regularly volunteer at a non profit up the street, which uses horses and horsemanship as a therapeutic tool to assist people (mostly kids) with extreme physical and emotional disability. More so than even dogs, horses mirror their rider and its been amazing to see how some kids with massive disabilities respond and focus when they're given an opportunity to ride and be around horses. Not always easy to squeeze out the time, but pretty consistently go over there once a week to lend a hand.

I think the wars, and corporate subsidies (tax cuts I'm all for) win you enough funding, and political clout that you don't need to win the hearts and minds of voters. Donors, and the party establishment (see Clinton) basically dictate who voters are allowed to vote for, the voters themselves have very little choice. The outliers like Trump, and AOC are exceptions to the rule, but even they become cogs in the machine or get ostracized into ineffectiveness by the rest of the establishment (see Carter).

• Truth 1