Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
18 hours ago, Kults said:

Hmmm the Us didn’t win obviously but for the Vietnamese to claim victory..? Bit of a stretch no

If anything that honour belongs to Canada..

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/how-u-s-forces-failed-to-conquer-canada-200-years-ago

Did not think the words honor and Canada were compatible.  

Fighting off an invading army= win.

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Did not think the words honor and Canada were compatible.  

Fighting off an invading army= win.

Not really. There’s nothing left to win at that point, the country was all but obliterated. By your metric when we pull out of Afghanistan they can claim victory? 

It's a pretty standard view that Afghanistan is a nation that is impossible to defeat for a number of reasons.  War of attrition puts "victory" in the hands of those who hold on the longest--Vietnam and Afghanistan are classic examples of this. The military industrial complex wins every war and those who actually fight pretty much lose no matter which side they are stuck on. 

As for 1812,  It's a convoluted argument and all I care to add is the use of "moosefuckin' puckhead" to the conversation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kults said:

Not really. There’s nothing left to win at that point, the country was all but obliterated. By your metric when we pull out of Afghanistan they can claim victory? 

They maintained the integrity of self, culture, and homeland instead of bowing to foreign invaders like maybe Japan or China.  

This is America, we don't accept your foreign system of measurement.  However, if you'd like to go by your metric, I suppose if forcing your less privileged youngsters to go to a foreign land where they're blown up or given STDs and heroin addiction, and are then spat on by their countrymen upon returning home= a win to you, then victory is yours.

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

They maintained the integrity of self, culture, and homeland instead of bowing to foreign invaders like maybe Japan or China.  

This is America, we don't accept your foreign system of measurement.  However, if you'd like to go by your metric, I suppose if forcing your less privileged youngsters to go to a foreign land where they're blown up or given STDs and heroin addiction, and are then spat on by their countrymen upon returning home= a win to you, then victory is yours.

You lost me. No idea what you’re about now? So you’re just anti war.. got it ??

E: FWIW we don’t spit on our troops, that’s a uniquely American... honour lol

Also, TIL since Japan didn’t lose it’s culture, sense of self and homeland.. must mean they won WW2

1 hour ago, Kults said:

You lost me. No idea what you’re about now? So you’re just anti war.. got it ??

E: FWIW we don’t spit on our troops, that’s a uniquely American... honour lol

Also, TIL since Japan didn’t lose it’s culture, sense of self and homeland.. must mean they won WW2

Too many magic maple leaves will cause that.  

Made no antiwar statements, only that America took an L on that war.  Fighting off an invading superpower seems like a win to me.  But really, there were losers on all sides.  Whatevs.

image.thumb.png.c65a28c9e2a9eb4d86d9497802103479.png

image.png.de0b60a7ec4bf9a09aa49ce0fc4143f6.png

• Like 1
  • Truth 1