Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I loved the first Splinter Cell, never played any of the sequels. Except the Double Agent demo, and I hated it. Can't get into the GRAWs either, and I reeeeeaally wanted to cause they look awesome. I tried out the demos and found the controls awkward and unresponsive.

*YES!! Katamari for the 360!!! Been dying to try it out, I've never played the first two.

I've found an excellent looking Marble Madness-inspired physics game for PC called Hamsterball. Check it out here: http://www.fun-motion.com/physics-games/hamsterball/

hamsterball-1.jpg

hamsterball-2.jpg

screenshot-4.jpg

screenshot-2.jpg

I haven't tried it out yet (looking for a cracked full version), but it looks awesome.

*Edit: Found it and uploaded it: http://share-it.to/file/2073/Hamsterball-Gold-v3-10-with-crack.rar.html :D

On TVs there are a lot of things that are a matter of personal preference. Alot of times Sharp will tend to have more contrast, where as Sony will tend to have less contrast, but you'll be able to see more details.

Example being that on one TV you might be able to see every stand on a dude with black hairs head. Where as on another you won't see every strand, but the black will be really rich and dark.

It's a personal preference thing a lot of times, go to the store, and see what TV looks best to you.

On the no name TVs you can see that the contrast isn't as good, and it ends up fuzzy a lot of times.

You also might want to get a TV with a PC input, since you were talking about all those new computer games you bought and were into.

Some of them can run things off of hard drives, and do other cool things.

But yeah, I might just be talking out of my ass.

Example being that on one TV you might be able to see every stand on a dude with black hairs head. Where as on another you won't see every strand, but the black will be really rich and dark.

i wonder if you were looking at an lcd and then a plasma

lcd generally = sharper crisper picture, higher clarity

plasma generally = richer colors, deeper contrasts, more variations/contrasts of blacks

Different brands emphasize different standards of quality.

I know the difference between an LCD and a plasma.

I had enough shitty early morning saturdays talking to the reps of all those companies to know the difference between LCD and plasma.

And he didn't even say what he wanted. LCDs are more expensive but you can mount them flush with a wall because they don't need to breath like the plasmas.

Plasmas are pretty standard, but if he really wanted a big HD tv and save some money, he could go for rear projection. They're bulky but they're not nearly as expensive.

And he didn't even say what he wanted. LCDs are more expensive but you can mount them flush with a wall because they don't need to breath like the plasmas.

Plasmas are pretty standard, but if he really wanted a big HD tv and save some money, he could go for rear projection. They're bulky but they're not nearly as expensive.

but with rear projection, aren't you losing some quality, unlike a screen with a direct source

plus you have to replace that projection bulb every few years. which costs a grip

Yeah but he said he was going for 720 anyway. You can get a 1080 DLP and be all good.

Kinda.

I dunno.

We went with a HD front projector at my dads house, as long as it's completely dark, it looks really really really good.

I can't wait to get back to the bay and waste some time there.