Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was planning on getting a PS3 pretty soon, but no more.

They're coming out with the Dual Shock 3 controller next spring, so why get the system with two non-vibrating controllers now?

But I'm fiending out, so I might get the 360 for BioShock and Halo 3. I doubt that I'd regret it.

metal gear solid? never heard of it, how about you guys?

Sounds stupid. Probably completely unoriginal with no depth to the storyline.

I tried out Brain Age on my sister-in-law's DS. Pretty fun, but I think I'd rather read a book. No knock to it, though. It's just that books are great.

Well, both times my 360 died I brought it into Best Buy and they took the HD with it and just gave me a new one with a new HD. I don't use the intercooler one, I use something else, and it doesn't void the warranty because it does not require one to open the 360. It just plugs into the USB jack and rests underneath the 360. I don't see how that could possibly void the warranty, and even if it does I don't see how they could prove that I even used it. Plus, the USB jacks are there for a reason and I am sure that providing a small amount of power to fuel one fan will not over-work the 360. I've been using it for over a year now and it's been fine *crosses fingers*.

yea i was talking about the intercooler one, not the usb one.

im not clear on anything about the usb thing, but i am pretty sure i heard that the intercooler (nyko) will void the warranty...

and all you had to do when u returned them was refuse to give them your harddrive,

thats your shit on there that you paid for and earned

got medal of honor

11298.jpg

honestly this is a pretty good game. i thought it would be bland because the last few medal of honor games sucked, plus WW2 games have been played-out by now. but it's intriguing, involving, pretty good graphics, etc.... got a small gripe about the controls... they take some getting used to -- why can't i just zoom-aim by pressing the left stick, or crouching by pressing the right, like you can do in most first-person shooters. or why when it comes to switching weapons, i have to "cycle" through til i get to my weapon, instead of going straight to it like in most fps's? why can't i just toss a grenade while holding the gun? why do i have to "switch" to the grenade and then throw it? other than that, good game. just don't get "hour of victory". i heard that game is shitty as fuck. they need to start making games about the vietnam war, korea, or the japanese/pacific theater of WWII. "men of valor" was a vietnam war game on xbox, which i thought was pretty cool.

i also decided to cop both nba live 08 and nba 2k8 today... i usually only get the nba 2k game... but i figured that nba live improved -- at least it did graphically. but i may have made a mistake; judging by the online reviews, it looks like nba live still sucks this year too. but it could just be 2k fanboys saying this. nba live is usually better graphically, but 2k8 is usually more fluid and natural. nba live players move around like robots. i might return nba live 08 tommorrow (haven't opened it).

I picked up Airborne the other week and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Bioshock really wore me out and sort of spoiled video games for me, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to play any game because Bioshock was just the most emotional, rewarding experience I've had in a long, long time and I know nothing in the near future, including MoH, will or can live up to that standard.

i played the demo of that MoH Airborne game, i thought it sucked ass HORRIBLY

the enemy AI was ridiculously bad

and the bullet detection was way bad also

those are 2 things that, in my opinion, a developer MUST do right in otder to make a good FPS

therefore, MoH.... FAIL

i played the demo of that MoH Airborne game, i thought it sucked ass HORRIBLY

the enemy AI was ridiculously bad

and the bullet detection was way bad also

those are 2 things that, in my opinion, a developer MUST do right in otder to make a good FPS

therefore, MoH.... FAIL

if by "bullet detection", you mean bullets not hitting the enemy when you aim at him and pull the trigger, then yeah i agree. you put the crosshairs right on his head and shoot, and you have to fire like about 5 times before you hit him