Salt water maceration of a coyote head - an Experiment

Keepitrail

Yeah the whole salt level isnt high enough in the water. I did have a bin with 35 gallons of water and 80 pounds of salt. A mouse went to it for water, died, and lets just say he was in there for a very long time unnoticed and didnt decompose a bit. You could throw a t-shirt on the the bin and it would float without even absorbing a bit of water ahah.

The Ant comment was a good one. Putting it in a Crab cage would be the best idea I think. Crabs would pick away anything edible and you wouldnt risk any larger fish (or sharks) scoring the bone while biting.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think there is enough water for bigger scavengers there to mess with it, maybe try putting it in a crab pot to keep them away.

this might give you inspiration for an experiment as well

http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touches-this-lethal-lake-turns-to-stone-1436606506

Hell yes...Fister! Already all about that stone lake, for sure. I haven't a crab pot, but I think I can scavenge one around here somewhere. This neighborhood is rife with folks throwing out shit for reuse. Just within a half mile radius there is four or five "free spots" where rich folk put stuff out for us. I scored a really nice '11 Specialized Hardrock from some dude who said he was upgrading. I'll check around for some crab cages this weekend.

Yeah the whole salt level isnt high enough in the water. I did have a bin with 35 gallons of water and 80 pounds of salt. A mouse went to it for water, died, and lets just say he was in there for a very long time unnoticed and didnt decompose a bit. You could throw a t-shirt on the the bin and it would float without even absorbing a bit of water ahah.

The Ant comment was a good one. Putting it in a Crab cage would be the best idea I think. Crabs would pick away anything edible and you wouldnt risk any larger fish (or sharks) scoring the bone while biting.

Yeah I'm thinking the amount of little critters will out-do any sort of preservation. These are flicks from yesterday, fast progress so far!

DSC_0901_zpsd51b115f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Shit has been crazy lately, a big blow from the northeast skuffed my sailboat into oblivion. It was anchored out just outside of where my houseboat is, but dissapeared a month ago. I thought it was stolen, but just a couple days ago I found it tied up in a marina not far away. Long story short I need $700 to get it out and back to the anchor spot. Apparently the harbormaster, which I called incessantly the day after, and continuously for weeks, but never got a return call, has had it since it drifted. He said he dropped his phone in the water and lost all his messages and missed calls.... as a result, I have to pay the fucking shitassholefuckbungle all this money for fees and storing the boat which I should have had a month ago. Anyway, I think I can get it out of the spot it's tied up to with a little bit of $chmoozing the guys who have boats there. let me in at night kind of thing. They said I could probably get out with a little more than half what he's asking, so we'll see.

HEAD:

Progression! The fishing line I had tied to it somehow disengaged itself from my barge, which amounted to a not so small bit of alarm, but upon inspection, has not been an issue. The nuts I tied to it are still attached, so it is staying where it is, beneath my bathroom window - pending dog shark fish heads attacks.

It seems to be eroding quite well. The crabs, which are hard to capture on film, are doing their job well. I've seen a few small fish when the tide is out, pecking at the flesh. I will lose the jaw, I figure, but that's to be assumed. Here's some flicks of the situation.

7RQuCj5_zps9c5df4b5.jpg

DSC_0014_zps583db232.jpg

Apparently I've fucked up my SD card. So lame update. It looks so good though! I can't find the most recent ones of the progress. Tomorrow I'll dredge it up and take some good macro shots. My old camera, the one I had for the travel thread, was stolen in Mexico, but I'm working on finding a used one to fuck with. Anyway, for now I can use my girl's camera, which is lame-ish for close ups, but will still serve purpose.

Update!

Shit has been crazy lately, a big blow from the northeast skuffed my sailboat into oblivion. It was anchored out just outside of where my houseboat is, but dissapeared a month ago. I thought it was stolen, but just a couple days ago I found it tied up in a marina not far away. Long story short I need $700 to get it out and back to the anchor spot. Apparently the harbormaster, which I called incessantly the day after, and continuously for weeks, but never got a return call, has had it since it drifted. He said he dropped his phone in the water and lost all his messages and missed calls.... as a result, I have to pay the fucking shitassholefuckbungle all this money for fees and storing the boat which I should have had a month ago. Anyway, I think I can get it out of the spot it's tied up to with a little bit of $chmoozing the guys who have boats there. let me in at night kind of thing. They said I could probably get out with a little more than half what he's asking, so we'll see.

Sounds like a hustle to me.

You're getting hustled.

I'm not one to condone snitching, so you make up your own mind on how to handle that.

But then again, you're getting punked for being an outsider.

Nigga might sink your boat before even going to court.

These niggas who are hustling you to let you out the back door are most likely his peoples and they're all laughing about it behind your back.

In fact, the local po is probably their cousins and shit.

Maybe try that half off buy your boat back route, but I wouldn't fully trust them either.

If they get over on you too then just start planning your revenge, because that's probably all you got at this point.

Then leave town before they cut off your head and hang it from a fishing line in the water.