Maui in may

_blank_

I will be headed out to Maui for the first time in may, with my girl and her family. im deff going to want to find tree, and somewhere to paint. does anyone have some insight/good stories/ideas? anything is use-full. except for the 5 or 6 of you that will comment back with some dumb shit, and a meme.

Thanks!

also, im going to try and document enough to make a picture thread from the trip

Adventures_zps0b89280b.png

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really pretty there and there are a lot of nice day trips. I used a book called "Maui off the beaten path" or something like that and was happy. Car rentals are really cheap so be sure to get one, they traditional cheap skate thing to do is to hit up cotsco for food and bbq etc to get around the high price of food.

I would look at renting some bikes if I were to go again.

Buy a pair of locals brand flip flops at the ABC store and relax a bit, wear sunscreen.

Weed will be expensive compared to the west coast of the USA.

Best bet for trees is to find some good edibles and bring them with you. Although i feel like when i was

there last year, it wasn't too hard to find weed. Definitely go snorkeling, surfing, and go zip lining up in

the forest. There's really no wrong thing to do there. Check out a little hole in the wall spot called Da

Kitchen in Kihei for some good cheap "authentic" grub. Kihei's also got some cool beach bars. Don't

know if you're into riding motorcycles, but if you are, rent one instead of a car, little more expensive, but

worth it.

Thinking about going back out there myself in a month or 2, and just couch surfing at a buddies house.

Where you staying?

thanks for the feed back so far.

i just text her to ask where we are staying...she is currently in FL with her family...these people love beaches. so il report back with that.

as far as it being awkward with her family, they are cool people. they eat good, drink better. they dont smoke though..but it shouldnt be too hard to get around it. ive been dating her for a little over 2 years. we all know each other pretty well. also, my girls older sister will be there too, who is just a few years older than us. 6 of us going total.

go snorkeling and jump off the cliff at black rock which is i think right next to your hotel.

i went to a small but nice hippie town for tumbleweeds. forgot the name.

go on a boat and snuba/ snorkel around this crescent shaped island. forgot the name.

drive up this old volcano and watch the sunrise. forgot the name.

there's a strip were all the bars and restaurants are at. forgot the name.

everything shuts down by 10pm though.

go snorkeling and jump off the cliff at black rock which is i think right next to your hotel.

i went to a small but nice hippie town for tumbleweeds. forgot the name.

go on a boat and snuba/ snorkel around this crescent shaped island. forgot the name.

drive up this old volcano and watch the sunrise. forgot the name.

there's a strip were all the bars and restaurants are at. forgot the name.

everything shuts down by 10pm though.

you prolly went to paia . the volcano is called haleakala. don't go to molokai (crescent shaped island) unless your scuba, black rock right by you is better for snorkeling anyway. front street in lahaina, just east of where your staying is where the bars are. yes shit shuts down early. lahaina does suck though just to warn you.

rent a car and drive to Hana.

who cares about painting there. fuck it. the place is gorgeous.

spend your time at Haleakala. go to the interior and see the jungle

i drove all over the whole island. the place is fucking gorgeous.

eat asian food. get a tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...