Hurricane Sandy: We're all going to die.

pertplus1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update;

So I just got a call from ConEd (power company that services all of nyc) about an hour ago. I am getting my power back by Saturday 11pm. What in the fuck. Greatest city in the world. I hate admitting we've been resting on our laurels but NYC should have had their shit together by now. No power in a portion of manhattan that houses 300k people not to mention businesses, its amateur at best.

Contingency plan = Good luck, but now you're on your own.

Edit: Mind you, I'm living out of my backpack on the upper east at a friend and his wires place, using their spare bed hot water internet and fucking up their nuptial nest of newly-wed faggotry.

Some people that live in the radius on the grid I am also in ain't no joke, there are quite a few millionaires that push around a lot of weight here, from delancy to 39th st. That includes soho, west village, chelsea (all out of commission). But these fools usually have more then one residence in the city and a few around the world so they can just relocate for a few days.

I live within a mile or 2 of wall street. But my whiney point is, NY is behind in its infrastructure and technology. I think shit would have gotten trashed regardless of what we set up to prevent it, cant control nature. Its the cleanup time involved to bounce back. I understand people will make money from fixing upgrading, but losing pay because of inconvenience or power outage just feel unacceptable, for the premium we pay to live here. The idea of ny is based on connivence

IMG_20121102_104004.jpg

True or what?

untrue. but i live in a middle class blue collar neighborhood and the power stayed on the whole time. i'm lucky i guess. also still got half a tank in my whip. niggas is prolly wilding in coney island. next level looting will prolly be syphoning gas from cars. FUEL WAVE!

There are two types of people dealing with this. The dude that's pissed he needs to drag his case of donated water up 22 flights in his high rise...not to mention he hasn't been able to go to work for a week. Then there's the smarmy fuck that goes on the radio talking about how he's so thankful that the selfless organic produce market hooked him up with a bag of tomatoes, because he had to throw away all his Whole Foods groceries.

In other words, not everyone has something to complain about, but it is pretty bad for some. I'm chilling.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your opinion, I think it was necessary to cancel the marathon due to our conditions, there's no way that would've helped right now in any way. Most of the work is volunteers and sponsors so maybe a write off for taxes but no pay check for anybody but major company's. Half of NY still has no power and people are struggling, riots are gonna break out soon because of the gas situation... It's just not the right time for it, however It's def fucked up Mr Mayor made a last min decision on it, people do come from all over the world to run that so they have every right to be pissed the fuck off...

the only people who run that marathon are white collar fags who are bored with their 9-5 and needed a "challenge" so they took up running. eat a dick of course they were going to take police/emt/other personnel away from areas of the city that got destroyed so niggas could jog around willy b and the UES at in the leisure.

Nobody is concerned with that race, at least no one standing in the 3 block long line for a bus to barclays with me tonight. every entrant in the race should be giving a ribbon or whatever the fuck you win for volunteering their time elsewhere for a sunday real talk.

There's been a home invasion robbery or two, but then that happens without a hurricane. Getting rid of that marathon was what was needed. I'd be willing to bet that corporate sponsors would profit more from that than the hot dog vendors, etc., working the sidelines. Supporters were trying to describe it as a block party atmosphere, I've never seen it that way. Also so people outside can understand, there's many people in the area without power. The marathon ends in Central Park, and right now there are 2 generators there plus a third for backup that would have been used for the media coverage. A report said that the 2 generators to be used by themselves could power 400 homes, so who the fuck in the dark wants to see that electric going to some jackass reporter reporting on some richie rich running fucks?

Archived