VIRAL Shizz.

tae

hello internet pals. my college is running a project where we must come up with a viral ad campaign for a car.

These Cars.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAT

Anyone have any thoughts? i cant think of anything that could be potentially "viral", whatever that means. I dont tknow if it is something that can be conjured up.... kinda just happens.

any thoughts/ideas?

how do you make a shitty little car look good?

{INSERT TITS HERE}

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont normally do these kind of projects, im no advertising man.

the brief just came in and they told us to have a stab at it, as it could potentially be used by the client.

the target audience is 26-35 year old internet users so i thought where better place to bounce ideas around than here.

0c8ba4a6-20bc-4252-b279-9080c3faa53b.jpg

A Vermont prison inmate who makes stationery and license plates has gotten the best of the state police by adding the image of a pig to the state decal on their cruisers.

One of the spots on the cow in the state crest has been changed to the shape of a pig, a derogatory term for police. The 16-inch car door decals are made by prisoners in Windsor.

State police discovered the pig images Wednesday. They say they believe the decals have been added to about 30 cruisers in the past year.

Who made the modification and when is being reviewed by the Department of Corrections. Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito said Thursday new decals will be made by Monday for about $800.

The Burlington Free Press newspaper first reported the pig decals.

You need to find the cleanest one wherever you are.

Have a good videographer/lights/post production (after effects/color corrections).

Find a popular night car chase scene from movies wherever the fuck you are, to reproduce.

tight angles, wet roads with light reflections, closeups etc...

have the last scene with that car skidding and stopping under a street light.

fin.

• Like 1

viral can't be forced.

it happens. only the internet can decide what is and isn't going viral.

if it were so easy to make something 'go viral' every marketing campaign would do so.

your assignment is bullshit, your teacher is an idiot.

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Forced_Meme

i dont normally do these kind of projects, im no advertising man.

the brief just came in and they told us to have a stab at it, as it could potentially be used by the client.

the target audience is 26-35 year old internet users so i thought where better place to bounce ideas around than here.

You clearly arent an advertising man lol... lets get down to biz here.

1st of all fist nailed it. It's real hard to "make" a viral video. Jack Daniels did it real well with epic meal time for example. However, they didnt hop into the videos 'till the timing was perfect: they were just starting to blow up when JD got into the videos. I dunno how smart or dumb your prof is for assigning this, they're probably not an ad person either.

But your prof is stupid for even believing that you can sell something like a car via a viral marketing campaign. Cars can't be sold that way, and here's why: They're a commitment. Cars fit into the same category as houses in terms of consumer research; people spend the most time researching and deciding upon a product like a car, house, or large appliance. This is for the simple fact that all three of the above are fucking expensive. You cant buy a car with the amount of impunity as you would a vitaminwater. Viral campaigns are great for things that are slightly bigger than impulse buys (for reference, bubble gum is an impulse buy) such as ... jack daniels. The price point is right, and the viral campaign might be just enough to convince people who otherwise wouldnt buy JD, to try it, since they can then justify the higher price of JD with the fun and jokes associated with a viral marketing campaign.

How deep was this demographic research? It fucking sucks. What's the profile given of the "average" 26 - 35 internet user, and how much time do they have to spend on the internet per week to be "average" vs "above average" or "extreme?" [Extreme, by the way, is how i'd categorize the majority of channel zero ... again, bad guess on your part.] Also, whats the likelihood that an "average" internet user will be involved enough to get something like a viral video? How likely is it that they'll recognize the product placement inside it? Are these American buyers? Foreign car buyers? What in the fuck is going on here?

You got trolled...

The company probably approched a few schools. THe strategy would be to get a whole bunch of people close to the demographic to do work for free, the company saves a lot of $$ bye getting ideas good & bad out right away. They then have a few ideas for Marketing to review and find the best concept to then go ahead and really produce the content.